Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

I’m no expert, however, I think the grass needs cut. :)

w8oqye.jpg

Bobby Watson always looks like he's from the 1950s, regardless of when his picture was taken. It must be the hair cut.

Jumbo Muir, on the other hand, looks like an extra from The Hills Have Eyes.

• Like 1

Aye, that was a long drive home.

Aye, it was, however, spare a thought for the Dundee United fans trip back home in 1954 when we thumped them 12-1. :)

Did we score first that day before being absolutely hammered?

I am not sure on that one, however, I do remember United created enough chances to avenge that 1954 drubbing

Panini card squad picture 1981.

A few typo’s on the card as our home shirt has been mistakenly listed as claret with amber stripes and the away as black and white. We never did get an official adidas away kit, however, Dundee United did once loan us their black and white away kit when we played them in a match at Fir Park.

CTUq1M3WwAEM2j7.jpg

A young Dixie Deans front row centre pictured at Neilson Juniors. He signed for Motherwell the year this picture was taken.

eh0nk3.jpg

Willie Hunter and Joe McBride looking splendid in the Summer Cup away top.

2e5uqzc.jpg

According to a caller on Off the Ball our Summer Cup kit ended up at Neilson Juniors as payment for the transfer of Dixie Deans.

• 3 weeks later...

I take it that's Malky McCormick as well. Finishes off with an anti-sectarian comment which I think would have been quite unusual in those days.

Yes it’s Malky. He was the main man when it came to football cartoons. The anti-sectarian message was quite unusual for the time and a bold move by Malky and the Football Scot Weekly.