Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

Should be relatively easy to sort out now. Plenty of places will do you canvas prints if you can supply them with an image of appropriate quality.

I still have it mind to get an image done of the card display at Hampden at the Celtic Cup Final the other year. Got a quote from the print/copy place in the Quadrant in smelly Coatbridge but haven't as yet followed it up. Price will obviously be dependent upon what size you have in mind.

EDIT: And if you don't fancy that I'm pretty sure the club shop already stock a couple.

yip the club shop stock framed panoramic prints of Fir Park near to full on Euro nights against Nancy? and ??

thought they were on the old shop site but seem to no longer be on the new club shop site

or you could try and purchase a digital copy of an image from photographers and get it transferred to canvas?

EDit: the offical site has a link to motherwellpics lots of photos for sale in many formats including framed prints like the Euro night here http://www.motherwellpics.com/fir_park/print/1348971.html

• 1 month later...

After looking at it again, I think it was a Premier League team of the year possibly, with eleven players in their different club shirts. Our own Joe Wark and Bobby Graham were in it and, if I'm not mistaken, Andy Gray, Kenny Dalglish, Tommy McLean and a few other well-known players.

It's a good photo because it has some great players and good old-fashioned strips on show. Will try to upload it again later when I'm on the laptop.

Drop Derek Johnstone and that would be a decent team.

Those were the days when guys like Hansen could play for Partick Thistle and get snapped up by a top Liverpool team.

Was watching The Big Match on Monday morning. Chelsea v Liverpool from 1979. 2nd half Chelsea sub was their £50,000 signing from East Stirlingshire - Jim Docherty.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Keith's wearing driving gloves. A blast back to the days when goalkeepers actually caught the ball and not punched / flapped the thing back out. How the goalkeepers today can catch the ball with those oven gloves they wear is anybody's guess. The football is like a balloon now and it's unlikely to hurt their hands! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...