The Last Five Games

DEWELL

10 points?? I'd LOVE to see us getting points off Celtic, Dundee Utd and a St Johnstone team who we've beaten once and been SHITE against twice. Just cant see it im afraid. We should win at home to Caley but i'll be amazed and delighted if we can get anything else. :mellow:

Impossible to predict before we know where we are with injuries. If we can beat Inverness and Sf Johnstone, then scraping the odd point should secure 3rd place.

Do we have any suspensions coming up?

Lasley and Hammell miss the Celtic game.

going for 8 loss to Celtic, Draw Utd and aberdeen, beat St Johnstone and Caley

I think if we can get 6 points in any form or fashion then we will finish 3rd. If we get 6 points........

St Johnstone can't catch us

Caley would have to win all 5 games. I don't think that will happen.

Dundee Utd. would have to get 12 points. I think, at best, they will get 11 points max

Aberdeen will most likely finish second of we only get 6 points.

We've blew 2nd spot with the last 2 Saturday results, that much is certain in my opinion.

Difficult to tell how many we'll get because of injuries and any suspensions and what team we'll be able to field for each game.

I know football doesn't work like this, but difficult to see how we're going to get points of the better teams with so much at stake when we've capitulated against Hibs, Killie and St Mirren (who are all murder!) in recent weeks.

I think we'll get 1 at the least and 7 at the very most.

Ever the optimist me!

The key for me is the United game. If we can avoid defeat then i think another 4 points would seal 3rd place. Assuming it is a draw , then we would finish on 65 points and they would need to to win 3 and draw another game. Tough ask in the post split top 6, especially when they have Celtic away.

I am not expecting anything from the Celtic game, other than a comfortable win for them. I think the pressure would be on United to beat us when we know a draw would be fine. That is of course assuming they have won away at St Johnstone in their post split fixture.

It is highly likely that we will lose to both Celtic and United away and United will be level on 60 points. If that happens we need to take 7 points from remaining 3 fixtures to finish at least 3rd.

I think we will get 5 or 6 points and they will come from the 4 games after Celtic. 2 wins or a win and 2draws.

I also think it will go down to the last game. Whether that is our fight for second with Aberdeen or 3 rd with United or both god only knows....

The 2 homes games against ICT and StJ are must win and i think we will take 6 points there, anything from Celtic is a bonus.

The untd and Aberdeen games are hard to call, if the sheep get to the cup final then we have a good chance to get right into them the week before as they might have one eye on the final. So i think we may get at least 8 points maybe 9.

Nothing to worry about.... we've just implemented a slight alteration to our strategy for the season thus far.... beat the top six and drop points against the bottom six....

The key for me is the United game. If we can avoid defeat then i think another 4 points would seal 3rd place. I am not expecting anything from the Celtic game, other than a comfortable win for them. I think the pressure would be on United to beat us when we know a draw would be fine.....It is highly likely that we will lose to both Celtic and United away and United will be level on 60 points. If that happens we need to take 7 points from remaining 3 fixtures to finish at least 3rd.

I think we will get 5 or 6 points and they will come from the 4 games after Celtic. 2 wins or a win and 2draws.

I also think it will go down to the last game. Whether that is our fight for second with Aberdeen or 3 rd with United or both god only knows....

A fair summing up. My guess is 5 or 6 points. Its a pity though that we're not playing United in the last game, I'd feel far more confident if we were. In recent years they've been a pretty ruthless lot and have benefitted greatly from weak refereeing.

The 2 homes games against ICT and StJ are must win and i think we will take 6 points there, anything from Celtic is a bonus.

The untd and Aberdeen games are hard to call, if the sheep get to the cup final then we have a good chance to get right into them the week before as they might have one eye on the final. So i think we may get at least 8 points maybe 9.

And that is what worries me most. Most times this season we have come up against a "must win" scenario, we have failed. Celtic we may get lucky again and meet them on a bad day (or even a day that the team actually believe they can beat them), and given our last performances against Aberdeen and Dundee Utd we will be lucky to get 2 or even 4 points from them.

• Like 1

We have to be taking a minimum of 5 or 6 points from these games to secure third. Anything below that, we are possible looking at 4th, anything above that we are looking at 2nd.

Would love it to go to the last day against the sheep with winner getting 2nd.

As others have mentioned, think the priority is no getting beat at Tannadice. If we do, our fight for 2nd becomes a fight for 3rd.

Got to win the two home games i think, however this weekend's cup matches are interesting.

A win for Aberdeen & Dundee Utd all but guarantee both of them European football next season, meaning 4th place might even be good enough for another crack at European football, no?

Got to win the two home games i think, however this weekend's cup matches are interesting.

A win for Aberdeen & Dundee Utd all but guarantee both of them European football next season, meaning 4th place might even be good enough for another crack at European football, no?

As long as St Johnstone don't win the cup, then 4th place should qualify for Europe, assuming United finish in the top 4 as do Aberdeen.

That said I remember wanting Celtic to the league or was it to win a semi final v Ross County for us to get into Europe and you know what happened next!! Either way Celtic ballsed up and we were not in Europe..

For that reason alone I would not be surprised to see St Johnstone win that semi final....