Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

6KVV didn't make it off the bench for Killie today.

Same for Stewart. If Bowie's January splurge was designed to prove who has the biggest dick, it's clearly Kilmarnock. Another mob who are gonnae have to put a new pitch in front of new players shortly.

27 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Same for Stewart. If Bowie's January splurge was designed to prove who has the biggest dick, it's clearly Kilmarnock. Another mob who are gonnae have to put a new pitch in front of new players shortly.

I view it differently, signing KVV stopped StM getting him and if he’d hit form for StM then 4th place would have been lost to Killie. 
Further to that Killie getting 4th and making Europe will just about cover the cost of a new pitch so paying KVV circa £100K could be money well spent. 

6 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

I view it differently, signing KVV stopped StM getting him and if he’d hit form for StM then 4th place would have been lost to Killie. 
Further to that Killie getting 4th and making Europe will just about cover the cost of a new pitch so paying KVV circa £100K could be money well spent. 

If he hasn't hit form for Killie then surely he wasn't going to hit form for anyone. He's hardly made it off the bench 

14 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Don't suppose we'll ever know what their thinking was, but he has 6 games left to start contributing something meaningful. If he does, maybe it's been worth it. If not, I don't see how it could be painted as anything other than a complete waste of money.

Theo Bair in 2024: 9 goals in 12 league games.

KVV in 2024: 0 goals in 8 league games.

I said a few times I didn't want him back this year, and this is why. He obviously wasn't close to being fit and his head was definitely not in the right place.

He might sort himself out again over the summer, but likely to revert back to his more typical 9 or 10 goals a season form. We did well to get the best from him when we did.

Still a legend, though.

• Like 1

Wellgirl & bobbybingo, what I’m saying is that at the window Bowie couldn’t know which KVV would return - the goal machine from last season if he got himself sorted or the no confidence one from this season - so decided to hedge his bets and not take the chance that StM got a goal machine. That’s why I’m saying it’s potentially money well spent. 

As a side note, while checking the league to see how many wins Killie still need to secure 4th, I’ve just worked out that if they get beaten in every game from now to the end of the season, StM only win against Killie but also lose the rest and we win every game out-with the OF then we make 4th - how much of a shock would that be :)

4 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Wellgirl & bobbybingo, what I’m saying is that at the window Bowie couldn’t know which KVV would return - the goal machine from last season if he got himself sorted or the no confidence one from this season - so decided to hedge his bets and not take the chance that StM got a goal machine. That’s why I’m saying it’s potentially money well spent. 

As a side note, while checking the league to see how many wins Killie still need to secure 4th, I’ve just worked out that if they get beaten in every game from now to the end of the season, StM only win against Killie but also lose the rest and we win every game out-with the OF then we make 4th - how much of a shock would that be :)

I get your point but given that he hadn't played football in a couple of months and wasn't in condition it was probably unlikely that he would replicate the form he had with us. 

21 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I get your point but given that he hadn't played football in a couple of months and wasn't in condition it was probably unlikely that he would replicate the form he had with us. 

In his position would you have been happy with “probably unlikely” to help StM overtake you and kept the cash or spent it to be sure?

2 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

In his position would you have been happy with “probably unlikely” to help StM overtake you and kept the cash or spent it to be sure?

I wouldn't have taken the punt on him if I had been Killie tbh. Just think it was obvious he was out of condition and might struggle. I don't think they needed him. And clearly they didn't as it's panned out 

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Theo Bair in 2024: 9 goals in 12 league games.

KVV in 2024: 0 goals in 8 league games.

I said a few times I didn't want him back this year, and this is why. He obviously wasn't close to being fit and his head was definitely not in the right place.

He might sort himself out again over the summer, but likely to revert back to his more typical 9 or 10 goals a season form. We did well to get the best from him when we did.

Still a legend, though.

and we rinsed plenty £££££ of the back of him

On 4/6/2024 at 9:41 PM, grizzlyg said:

Old news. He was a legend last season and forever grateful but now we have The Bair!.......which if I had said in September would have been the most hilarious thing I have ever said 🤣🤣🤣

Surprised at the lack of Champ manager style posts regarding signing a declining player versus the possibility of an ascending one you can develop, does no one play champ man any more? sake

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Surprised at the lack of Champ manager style posts regarding signing a declining player versus the possibility of an ascending one you can develop, does no one play champ man any more? sake

Think that died of as a forum discussion when we had people suggesting we scored more goals with Stevie Woods in goal cause that had happened in Champ Manager.......

• Haha 1