The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

IF this figure of £200k is correct then I'd be a bit surprised by Celtic as I have had the impression that they've been more realistic over the last few years and shown Scottish clubs a bit more respect in their dealings with them. On the other hand, Rangers continue to make derisory offers to unsettle players to the extent even Kris Boyd has a go at them.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/01/30/robinson-we-face-hibs-with-confidence/

With the transfer deadline fast approaching, the Northern Irishman also addressed Celtic’s interest in goalkeeper Trevor Carson.

“In my opinion Trevor Carson is the best goalkeeper in the league,” the ‘Well boss said.

“We’ve rightly valued him at a price. We have to stand strong until his valuation is met. Until then, he’s very much our player.

It's being reported that we want 750 grand. That seems about right and if Rodgers genuinely wants him Celtic will pay it.

Personally think we are short changing ourselves at that price , they paid near double it for Johnny Hayes who was always going to be a squad player for them.

As above though i wouldn't answer the phone to them after that £200k bid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42872223

Trevor Carson: Motherwell value goalkeeper higher than Celtic's £200,000 bid
15 minutes ago
Motherwell value goalkeeper Trevor Carson at significantly higher than the £200,000 bid from Celtic that the Fir Park club rejected.
The 29-year-old arrived at Fir Park on a three-year contract in the summer in a £10,000 move from Hartlepool United.
Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson said it would be a "nightmare scenario" to lose his goalkeeper with one day left of the transfer window.
"It would have to be a very good bid to let Trevor go," Robinson said.
"It would certainly make things very difficult for me.
"Player's valuations go up and down depending on what point in the window you're at because the closer you are to the end then the timescale to replace them becomes very difficult."
Celtic made the move after Scotland number one Craig Gordon was ruled out for up to 12 weeks through injury.
They are seeking competition for understudy Dorus de Vries - who replaced Gordon at half-time in Saturday's 1-0 win over Hibernian - with third-choice Conor Hazard loaned out for the season to Championship club Falkirk.
Northern Irishman Carson, who started his career with Sunderland, has made 28 appearances this season for Well.
Celtic goalkeeper Dorus de Vries
Celtic goalkeeper Dorus de Vries, 37, made his second appearance of the season as a substitute against Hibernian
"I spoke to Brendan yesterday after he had the courtesy to ring me. We then passed it over to the money men, [Motherwell chief executive] Alan Burrows and [Celtic chief executive] Peter Lawwell," Robinson said.
"They had a chat but realised our valuations were miles away from one another. That's as far as it has gone.
"Trevor is a Motherwell player and will stay a Motherwell player until our valuations are met.
"He is very much committed to Motherwell. He has two-and-a-half years left on his contract and it's 24 hours left until the close of the window.
"So people will be sold from this football club at the right price when we decide, not when others decide."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42872223

Trevor Carson: Motherwell value goalkeeper higher than Celtic's £200,000 bid
15 minutes ago
Motherwell value goalkeeper Trevor Carson at significantly higher than the £200,000 bid from Celtic that the Fir Park club rejected.
The 29-year-old arrived at Fir Park on a three-year contract in the summer in a £10,000 move from Hartlepool United.
Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson said it would be a "nightmare scenario" to lose his goalkeeper with one day left of the transfer window.
"It would have to be a very good bid to let Trevor go," Robinson said.
"It would certainly make things very difficult for me.
"Player's valuations go up and down depending on what point in the window you're at because the closer you are to the end then the timescale to replace them becomes very difficult."
Celtic made the move after Scotland number one Craig Gordon was ruled out for up to 12 weeks through injury.
They are seeking competition for understudy Dorus de Vries - who replaced Gordon at half-time in Saturday's 1-0 win over Hibernian - with third-choice Conor Hazard loaned out for the season to Championship club Falkirk.
Northern Irishman Carson, who started his career with Sunderland, has made 28 appearances this season for Well.
Celtic goalkeeper Dorus de Vries
Celtic goalkeeper Dorus de Vries, 37, made his second appearance of the season as a substitute against Hibernian
"I spoke to Brendan yesterday after he had the courtesy to ring me. We then passed it over to the money men, [Motherwell chief executive] Alan Burrows and [Celtic chief executive] Peter Lawwell," Robinson said.
"They had a chat but realised our valuations were miles away from one another. That's as far as it has gone.
"Trevor is a Motherwell player and will stay a Motherwell player until our valuations are met.
"He is very much committed to Motherwell. He has two-and-a-half years left on his contract and it's 24 hours left until the close of the window.
"So people will be sold from this football club at the right price when we decide, not when others decide."

Nice of Brenda to show some courtesy - he FUCKING should have Carson is our player. I really hate this mob and have watched for over 50 years as they regularly picked up our good players - for in the most part a pittance.

One question worth asking is 'why didn't Robbo just tell him to stick it when he got the 'courtesy call'. He shouldn't even have entertained it.

If Celtic want Carson they will get him unfortunatley, but we are in a strong position to make a massive amount of money on him as they are despereate to get someone in before the end of the day.

Would be gutted if he went though as it leaves us in a really difficult postion trying to replace him outside of the transfer window and I am not conviced the defence have much confidence in Griffiths. Could potentially cost us a place in the top six in my opinion.

TBF, transfer discussions often don't involve managers talking to each other; it usually happens at the boardroom level. Robinson, for example, said he never spoke to Brendan about the Ciftci move.

Appreciate that, but on this occasion he’s quoted as saying he spoke to Brenda before passing it on to the money men. Hence why I feel he should have straight batted the ‘courtesy call’ into touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Celtic want Carson they will get him unfortunatley, but we are in a strong position to make a massive amount of money on him as they are despereate to get someone in before the end of the day.

Pretty much this. It's a very unusual situation given the timing of Gordon's injury, the imminent closing of the transfer window and Carson's length of contract.

Whatever we valued him at the start of the window should now have a 50% premium added to it + the value of how many league places we think he'll earn us this season.

EDIT: How's Rohan Ferguson shaping up? Too early to take a chance? He's certainly had a lot of first team games, albeit in a lower league.

EDIT: How's Rohan Ferguson shaping up? Too early to take a chance? He's certainly had a lot of first team games, albeit in a lower league.

Seen him play earlier this month for Airdrie and whilst I appreciate I'm basing an assessment on that game alone, I wouldn't be expecting to see him in our first team barring any emergencies for a while yet.

£375k is the rumoured new offer that should see him off to Celtic Park.

Thats not even remotely improved enough!

Hes far too important a player and it needs to be silly money at this stage of the window, upwards of £750k.

The fact that were still far too close to the play off spot needs to be factored in.

Whats the price of relegation?

£375k is the rumoured new offer that should see him off to Celtic Park.

So let's look at it closely Celtic are behind the eight ball we don't need to sell there is 1 and half days till window closes so 2 million should get Trevor but when we need to sign a keeper the figures we get quoted will be huge so just tell the cash rich bastards to Fuck Off

• Andy_P locked this topic