The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

It also shows that regardless of the dozens of times that it happens at our club alone, some fans never want to give a new player a chance.

Wenger says it takes 6 months for a player to adapt to a new league. The East Stand reckons 1 game is sufficient.

Fair enough, have to include myself in this case.

It also shows that regardless of the dozens of times that it happens at our club alone, some fans never want to give a new player a chance.

Wenger says it takes 6 months for a player to adapt to a new league. The East Stand reckons 1 game is sufficient.

1 game? Looking at a players stats (and shit stats like goals and games) is efficient enough for some people. Just look at the comments when we signed Main in this very thread.

We also don't have the luxury of being Arsenal. Motherwell can't really afford it taking 6 months to a year for a player to bed in, we really have to see them producing within 2-3 months of the season starting such is the cut throat nature of our league. That goes for every team in the Premiership out with Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers.

We also don't have the luxury of being Arsenal. Motherwell can't really afford it taking 6 months to a year for a player to bed in, we really have to see them producing within 2-3 months of the season starting such is the cut throat nature of our league. That goes for every team in the Premiership out with Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers.

I also dont think its completely outrageous to expect a professional footballer to be able to pass a ball 5 yards to a team mate.

There's a huge gap between League 2 and the SPFL - even in fitness you can see a lot of guys that head north are not fit enough to play.

I think the overall point is being missed though. It's not that a player is useless for 6 months. In this case, for me, Dunne was doing OK when it came to the basics of running, heading and tackling. People were judging him negatively on his ball retention and distribution. Now he's been playing a few months, that has improved. He's also had to learn things like how best to play in a back 3 one week and back 4 the next - and with different players in front of him; some who can defend and others not so much.

When will #dheeraj get to be starting game ? I will stop supporting my life long team, Chelsea, Man Utd and Manchester City when #Dheeraj sign contact with the famous Motherwells.

The whole situation with the young Indian keeper strikes me as very odd. Considering we have Carson as the undisputed first choice, unless the kid is some god, hes unlikely to challenge him for the no.1 jersey, which means hed then be competing with Griffiths, Ferguson and Morrison for a spot on the bench, unless the plan is to have him play purely in the development squad. So unless the plan is that we know Griffiths is away in the summer at the expiry of his contract, and Ferguson or Morrison steps up a bit or we send one or both out on loan then its very unnecessary. I know Robinson loves a selection headache but having 5 players fighting for 1 spot seems a bit mental. Would also make the signing of Ferguson strange as well.

The whole situation with the young Indian keeper strikes me as very odd. Considering we have Carson as the undisputed first choice, unless the kid is some god, hes unlikely to challenge him for the no.1 jersey, which means hed then be competing with Griffiths, Ferguson and Morrison for a spot on the bench, unless the plan is to have him play purely in the development squad. So unless the plan is that we know Griffiths is away in the summer at the expiry of his contract, and Ferguson or Morrison steps up a bit or we send one or both out on loan then its very unnecessary. I know Robinson loves a selection headache but having 5 players fighting for 1 spot seems a bit mental. Would also make the signing of Ferguson strange as well.

Cynical attempt to sell merchandise and Robinson has a 'Recommend a Friend' deal with BT Sports for a £5 gift voucher for every sign up. He's aiming to sign up a million Indians and retire.

Don't tell his agent that. Quotes I read suggested he favoured coming here because he'd be in the first team squad...

Our u20s train with the first team though, no? He can still be a development signing and be involved with the first team squad.

The quotes I read from his agent suggested that was preferable as the other trial options he had were age group based ie: West Ham, Charlton, Toronto, Galatassary etc have their dev sides separate to the first team. He'd get a better coaching experience in our set up than he would elsewhere.

Other than the fact that he has a profile in India I genuinely don't see what the conspiracy is here or why it's odd. We've brought in a highly rated youth keeper who did well at the u17 World Cup to have a look at. At present, if he were to sign, his competition (age wise) would presumably be Robbie Hemphrey and Peter Morrison. At 19 Morrison is probably heading to the latter stages of the development pathway so there will be a decision to be made on his future at some point in the foreseeable.

Ferguson is 21 this year so may well be viewed as Griffiths' successor as 2nd choice 'keeper.

The club haven't really publicised it more than any other young promising player. It's the media around the move, mainly from India where he has a decent rep because of the world cup, that has made it into something it's not.

As said above he'll be training with the first team squad like the other goalies.

• Andy_P locked this topic