The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

This is probably the poorest season Tansey has had for Inverness. Nevertheless, he should be a good signing for Aberdeen and deserves to be playing with better players.

And yet he still has 6 league goals. More than any four of our midfielders you want to put together.

Thomas seems to always play off the right hand side for QOTS so he can come in and use his left foot, perhaps we haven't been using him properly and this has been shown by his form there, Certainly on Cadden's recent form i'd have tried Thomas ahead of him if he was here just now.

From what I can see Thomas has played 90 minute twice in his MFC career....out of 6 first team starts over 3 seasons..one under Mcgoo... he plays on a regular basis At QoS .......he gets a game with Scotland U21's ........not saying he is going to b the next Clinging/Gahagan....but give him a chance when or if he returns

Just referenced the 'Well again book by Graham B and Keith B. It was season 93/94 game was originally scheduled for 9/4 but was played 3/5 which would explain midweek evening game. Kirk scored for us crowd was 5208 and you are right re Roddie, he hadnt been signed. We then drew 3-3 away to Raith and lost 1-0 to St J finishing 3rd 1 pt behind Adeen and 4pts behind Rangers. Basically taking 1 point from last 3 games from teams finishing 6th, 10th and 11th which cost us the league...thats how close we actually were. It was McLeans final season with us so my memory was playing tricks but I am still convinced the Cooper stand was a building site!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, that midweek rangers game really put us as credible title contenders for the first time. It was that night I really started to think we might just win the league.

The St Johnstone game was scunnerin. I remember standing up by the floodlight on the corner of the the terracing and the east stand and a really good crowd in fir park.

Also, for that midweek win against the h*n, didn't we wear the new pony strip for the first time replacing the Hummel one? I'm convinced of this. I bloody love that pony kit aswell.

http://www.mfc1886.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/782360.jpg

Sorry, going off topic again.

Best well team I've watched. On a totally different level to the side that finished runners up a few years ago. Watching coyne lambert McKinnon amongst others passing Dortmund off the park in their own stadium will never be repeated again. A Dortmund side that contained some of Germany's biggest stars at the time- sammer reuter riddle - nonetheless

It was of course that excellent passing performance and the manner in which Lambert ran the show that got him his big FREE move to Dortmund. Within was it 2 yrs (?) he was a champions league winner!!!

That was the quality of our team. The likes of we're unlikely to see again.

The thing I couldnt believe at the time is I mind reading that theyd spent something like £16m on players the previous summer wi almost £4m each on Riedle & Moller.

I mind being pissed at Tommy Coyne for missing that sitter in Dortmund and at Moller I think for his cheating and diving at Fir Park, I was raging we'd lost. Right up until I actually thought of what we'd just done on my way home after the second leg.

We'd passed them off the park and reduced them to cynical tactics to see the tie out. Yes, MOTHERWELL had just given an almighty scare to a team with Mattias Sammer,Jurgen Kohler, Andreas Moeller, Julio Caesar and a plethora of other big name internationals, lead by a strikeforce of Karl Heinz Riedle & Stephane Chapuisat. Been proud of that ever since.

It was of course that excellent passing performance and the manner in which Lambert ran the show that got him his big FREE move to Dortmund. Within was it 2 yrs (?) he was a champions league winner!!!

That was the quality of our team. The likes of we're unlikely to see again.

Pretty sure he was only with Dortmund for one season. He went a good player and came back world class in my opinion.

To me it showed what an insightful coach could do. It's also why I want to see our youth players being sent out on the Erasmus programme ( details on under 20's topic ). Watching Lambert at Fir Park, I would never thought of him as the superb holding midfielder Dortmund made him into.

PS - 3.00 pm kick off on a Wednesday afternoon to suit German TV? Remember that? And I think they paid us half a million pounds to agree to that kick off time.

On a related note with coaching - there seems to be a meme that coaching roles at Motherwell are some kind of pension scheme for long-serving players. Even Robinson alluded to giving roles to veterans in a recent interview.

Give it a rest.

There should be a ban on players moving direct to coaching at Fir Park. If the club wants to play the Santa Claus routine, find the funds to send these anointed sons out for a year to clubs like Barca, Ajax etc.

In fact, go do a deal with a Norwegian second division club. We'll send them a coach and three development players free of charge.

The coach can act as our Scandinavian scout too. Try using a wee bit of imagination, Motherwell.

On a related note with coaching - there seems to be a meme that coaching roles at Motherwell are some kind of pension scheme for long-serving players. Even Robinson alluded to giving roles to veterans in a recent interview.

Give it a rest.

There should be a ban on players moving direct to coaching at Fir Park. If the club wants to play the Santa Claus routine, find the funds to send these anointed sons out for a year to clubs like Barca, Ajax etc.

In fact, go do a deal with a Norwegian second division club. We'll send them a coach and three development players free of charge.

The coach can act as our Scandinavian scout too. Try using a wee bit of imagination, Motherwell.

1366929708_Judge-Judy-Opening-up-Laptop-

• Like 1

Give it a rest.

1366929708_Judge-Judy-Opening-up-Laptop-

Typical reaction from the Halfwit Brigde, Motherwell Supporters Club.

Go check the Erasmus link on that thread. Free funding to send our development players overseas.

I bet you're that thick you googled Erasmus.

• Like 1

Another question for you, what happens if you have a night of lost of fares at £6-8, I imagine theres a lot of change to be handed out. If I'm your last fare and it comes to 13 quid but I've only got a 20 and you've got nothing left but 20's too, what happens next, Take me to a petrol station or something else?

Bet you must make a mint in tips due to your personable manner and affable nature.

This is a bit arseholey I know but I got some information straight from the horses mouth so to speak so I can't actually tell you who it is because I don't want to betray trust.

The player in question hasn't been mentioned yet in the thread but if it comes out later I'll chip in and confirm it.

A clue? Well it's tough biting my tongue so what I will say is it's a Scottish striker who's had a few ups and downs at bigger clubs but is potentially a decent signing. Both club and player are interested although the deal probably depends on us staying up.

I've said too much already!

• Andy_P locked this topic