Scottish Premiership Partick Thistle V Motherwell Sat 8 Apr 15:00

Yabba's Turd

We've been pathetic at scoring all season. People jump our defensive errors most weeks, but our goal tally has been abysmal. And for all his energy, Skippy has been just as culpable at missing chances as the others. If we end up relegated or in the play-offs, the strikers have to shoulder the blame as much as the defenders. We have conceded one goal in the last 2 games and managed to pick up only one point.

2nd half was a marked improvement on the first but that's not saying much. Atrocious set up and individual performances from most.

Lasley and Ainsworth made a difference or maybe it was Clay going off? I've been banging on about how bad he is for months. It's beyond a joke he starts most weeks.

2 massive relegation games and 0 goals scored and never really looked like it either.

You can tell how this is going to end sadly.

I've accepted the fact that with this group of players, and in our current form we are going down. It's just a matter of how we go about it. Not even Moult can prevent it. Ah well the top flight has been fun while it lasted. Championship here we come. :(

Utter shite UBH, a win would've took us to 9th. Next weeks just the same, if that's the attitude the fans and players have we will be fucked
  • Like 1

Utter shite UBH, a win would've took us to 9th. Next weeks just the same, if that's the attitude the fans and players have we will be fucked

I said “...with this group of players, and in our current form we are going down.” You can’t ignore the fact if our form doesn’t improve and we don’t score we will be favourites for the drop. The players need to step up, however, I see no evidence that they will.

Started ok...... Jags scored with first real foray in to our box...... As usual far to east ..... Erskine turned Ben inside out ... Far to easy for Doolan in the middle ...... Again ball across/possibly inside six yard box ..... Will wait to see TV before criticising .... Then went to pot ..... Craig Clay Ffs ......Gordon Ffs .... Pearo Ffs ...., midfield non existant ....tactics totally wrong long ball

Slight improvement in second....... Beaton a fucking disgrace throughout

I've accepted the fact that with this group of players, and in our current form we are going down. It's just a matter of how we go about it. Not even Moult can prevent it. Ah well the top flight has been fun while it lasted. Championship here we come. :(

Do you and Milo share a car to games these days, there are 18 points still to play for so it's not over yet. Try some positive thinking you might like it.

• Like 2

Do you and Milo share a car to games these days, there are 18 points still to play for so it's not over yet. Try some positive thinking you might like it.

It's the 5 or 6 posts right after the final whistle that say the EXACT same thing that grinds my gears.

• Like 3

It's the 5 or 6 posts right after the final whistle that say the EXACT same thing that grinds my gears.

Maybe that is because they are all saying what is obvious. We are crap.

What grinds my gears is the happy clappers pointing out that next week will different and we can win and go 9th, 18 points to play for, etc and Shite, Shite and more shite.

• Like 3

Putting Blyth on is beyond a joke. Not only has he not managed a goal (possibly a shot) since he arrived but I'm sure we haven't scored while he's been on the pitch.

Hopefully that is the last we see of Clay. There have been so many poor off field decisions this season that relegation or not the structure of the club will have to be looked at. The transfer policy is a complete disaster.

The goal was a very poor one to concede but it should have been the template for us to follow, get to the line and a ball into the six yard box. We constantly floated balls in from varying angles. We are allowed to score with our feet, are we not?

I don't expect our fourth striker to be great but I expect him to be better than me.

Blyth should be dropped off at Daldowie to take selfies of himself for the rest of the season.

And anyone who makes out are better without Lasley needs to have a word with themselves.

• Like 1

The goal was a very poor one to concede but it should have been the template for us to follow, get to the line and a ball into the six yard box. We constantly floated balls in from varying angles. We are allowed to score with our feet, are we not?

Don't be utterly ridiculous that would involve us playing the ball on the ground and not our points amassing 1980's lower league hoofball tactic.

And anyone who makes out are better without Lasley needs to have avword with themselves.

We're poor with Keith Lasley and poor without him. In any event he's suspended next Saturday.

Incidentally what was today's line up? Was it 4-4-1-1 or 5-3-1-1 or something similar?

I see Inverness managed a morale boosting 3-0 home defeat today.

I don't expect our fourth striker to be great but I expect him to be better than me.

Blyth should be dropped off at Daldowie to take selfies of himself for the rest of the season.

And anyone who makes out are better without Lasley needs to have a word with themselves.

That made me laugh - kudos for that.

Had a great day - booze and sunshine. Sadly the only thing that would ruin that was the football.

1st half was just woeful - on that form we are down. 2 no half a lot better but could have played all day and no scored.

We have feck all luck all season. To compound it all our top scorer is injured for 2 crucial games.

The SFA will probably screw us over - but we should be due 4 home games from next 6. Other results were kind to us. If we cannot avoid bottom 2 after next 6 games we deserve our fate.

But FFS get up for the fight. Players might not but we NEED too.

Thistle going for top 6 on the back of 7 game unbeaten run. Home crowd 3000.

We need to get behind the team. A decent support in the run in will be key.

The thing that worries me is,when/if we get relegated(Im 95% resigned to us now being relegated) were stuck wi Robinson who is showing worrying signs that the Oldham debacle was the rule rather than the exception when it comes to his managerial skills.

When we go down,can we afford 2 or 3 seasons in the wilderness a la Hibs?

I've deluded myself all season that we are better than our league positions suggests, and that we would click eventually.

I think that thought finally died today. We have zero creativity and cutting edge going forward, constantly resort to crosses when have no aerial threat = 4 goals in 6 games. I think we are generally organised at the back but prone to moments of switching off 2 / 3 / 4 times a game which tends to result in a goal or two = Goal difference -25. The midfield, for all our options, is devoid of any real spark.

For the first time in many years following Motherwell I'm fully preparing for Championship football next season.

• Like 1

i thought the day we lost at firhill under barraclough was bad but that today especially in the first half was nothing short of embarrassing,i really have no clue what robinson is trying,there is just nothing in any department of our team.the second half was a slight improvement but due to our inability to put the ball in the net,the damage was done in the first half,it really is a joke that all it takes is the opposition to score one goal and were beat.some of our players are utter shite,blythe is a total waste of space and an ageing lasley is still a better player than clay will ever be,as for pearson since hes came back it looks like he doesn't even know what a football is.we really are in a mess and anything other than 3 points against inverness is unthinkable.i like to try and stay as positive as possible but its hard too after witnesses that today and the midweek performance against hamilton.

• Like 1

Sadly, I think this could be our year to be relegated..... Maybe it’s for the best, as it will give us some time to rebuild for the future.

I've seen this kind of statement posted quite a bit any time we are threatened by relegation - I honestly have no idea what it means.

Do folk perceive relegation as the football equivalent of a colonic irrigation? I'm fairly certain it won't be anywhere near as enjoyable.

Absolute garbage today did not really expect anything else though,can't see us staying up this year unfortunately. As I've said before too many of our squad not up to standard if blyth is better than mackin I've yet to see it and as for whatever formation we were playing today it clearly didn't work and we were lucky to be only one down at half time.

• Like 1