Well Society Weekly Auction Thread

Jay

Hopefully the admins don't mind - figure, as this is something that will be updated on a weekly basis, it might make sense to give it its own thread away from the general Well Society one.

One of our sponsors has kindly donated a number of match-worn, signed tops from a number of players from throughout the last few years.

To help us raise funds for the Well Society - taking full advantage of Les Hutchison’s “Double Your Money” offer in the process - we will be putting these shirts, along with various other items, up for auction over the coming weeks.

At 10am every Thursday we will announce two items up for auction starting this Thursday 10th August.

Each item will be on auction for seven days and be available on our eBay account.

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/08/08/well-society-weekly-auction/

Having seen all the shirts to be auctioned - some of which are signed by the player, others of which are signed by entire squads, and a couple of which are match-worn but unsigned - I reckon there's a few in particular that should attract some interest. International goalkeepers, speedy wingers, solid centre halves to name a few...

Anyway, as mentioned above, the items to be auctioned will go up every week so I'll post up details/links here.

As always, I'd encourage folk interested to actually get involved. Like the 7s tournament, Tullibardine trip on Saturday (which still needs folk to buy seats for), and this - it's all about raising as much as possible this year so that Les can then double it. The Society has rightfully got pelters this year for not doing enough to capitalise on the "Double Your Money" offer - we're now putting things in place to do so, but we obviously need 'Well fans to respond too.

First auction kicks off tomorrow morning...

• Like 5

Just a wee bump for these as this week's two shirts go into the last day or two of bidding, before the fresh auctions kick off on Thursday morning.

Paul Quinn's signed, match-worn jersey is sitting at £45.98 (someone obviously doesn't feel he's worth the full £46!): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paul-Quinn-signed-matchworn-Motherwell-FC-jersey-/122640441056?hash=item1c8df09ee0:g:plYAAOSw6cJZjB5D

Darren Randolph's signed, match-worn keeper shirt is performing slightly better, with the current winning bid sitting at an impressive £230: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/122640432554?

• Like 1

That's both of last week's auctions closed, raising a fantastic total of £330 (or £660 as it is this year thanks to the Les deal). A fantastic amount from the opening week and we're keen to push on with more. This week's auctions are now online and will be so until this time next week...

Chris Humphrey - match-worn, signed jersey:

A fan favourite at Fir Park, the winger was signed for the Steelmen by Jim Gannon in the summer of 2009. Featuring in European ties and the 2011 cup final, the lightning-paced Jamaican international would play a crucial role for the club, particularly in the successful Stuart McCall side which boasted the likes of Higdon, Law, and Ojamaa. Chris notched up over one hundred games in claret amber during his four year spell, including a large number of highly impressive performances which ultimately saw him snapped up by Preston North End in 2013. After three years at Deepdale, Humphrey moved back across the border for a spell at Easter Road and now finds himself plying his trade in League One with Bury.

BID NOW: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chris-Humphrey-Matchworn-Signed-Motherwell-Jersey/122652937056

Graeme Mathie - match-worn jersey (it's been uploaded to eBay with the title stating it's signed but I'm getting that amended ASAP):

A name that might not be too familiar to ‘Well fans, the Scottish centre-half joined the club from Bournemouth in his early-20s. With zero first-team appearances to his name, this “match-worn” jersey might be more of a “substitute-worn” one, and might be more attractive to someone looking for an extra shirt for 5-asides or seeking this particular away kit for their collection! Graeme would go on to have spells with the likes of Ayr United, East Fife, and Albion Rovers, before forging a successful career in coaching. After a number of years working at Celtic Park, Graeme spent two years as a Club Development Manager for the SFA, before taking up his current role as Head of Player Identification & Recruitment at Hibs.

• Like 2

Great initiative. Can I make a suggestion for future auctions? If people are possibly going to buy them for 5s or whatever - can you add the size of the particular tops to the descriptions? A Henrik Ojamaa one may be OK for me, but not a Crawford Baptie one. Cheers.

I am guessing that the majority of shirts worn by ex and current professional footballers might fall into the " a bit tight " category for the majority of Fans, unless there is any of Andy Gorams old kit lying about. :)

I am guessing that the majority of shirts worn by ex and current professional footballers might fall into the " a bit tight " category for the majority of Fans, unless there is any of Andy Gorams old kit lying about. :)

As a short arse, I've got the opposite problem... in that yer average fitba pro is a lot bigger than me... so only your skinny or wee guys' tops will be any use for me :prankster:

Great initiative. Can I make a suggestion for future auctions? If people are possibly going to buy them for 5s or whatever - can you add the size of the particular tops to the descriptions? A Henrik Ojamaa one may be OK for me, but not a Crawford Baptie one. Cheers.

Good idea, I'll make sure that's included from this week on!

From what I clocked while taking the photos, I think the majority are large but we'll make sure sizes are known on future jerseys.

The Humphrey and Mathie jerseys are now sold, going for £69 and £41 respectively. That brings the accumulative total to £440 (£880 thanks to the bold Les). We now have this week's auctions online, links to bidding can be found here: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/08/24/this-weeks-auction-items-lee-erwin-and-mark-reynolds/

Mark Reynolds – match-worn jersey (unsigned)

Motherwell born and bred, Reynolds made his debut for the Steelmen in May 2006, before going on to be a regular fixture in the starting XI for five years. During his time at Fir Park, Reynolds would go on to play over 200 games in claret and amber, featuring in European campaigns, attracting interest from the likes of PSV, Bari and Swansea City, and becoming a Scotland Under-21 international. He would also score six league goals for the Dossers before a move to Sheffield Wednesday in January 2011, for around £100,000 plus add-ons. Reynolds would struggle to feature regularly for the Owls, however the centre-half returned to prominence in Scottish football signing for Aberdeen in 2013, following a successful loan spell. Still an Aberdeen player, Reynolds continues to feature in Scottish football’s top flight and has found himself knocking on the door of the full international squad in recent years.

Size: Medium

Lee Erwin – match-worn jersey (signed)

Another product of the Fir Park Youth Academy, Erwin served an impressive apprenticeship on loan at Arbroath before a serious knee injury in the Youth Cup delayed his promotion to the Motherwell first-team. That promotion would come under Stuart McCall in the summer of 2014 with the youngster making his debut in the 2nd leg of the European exit at the hands of Stjarnan, however it would be Ian Baraclough who would make Erwin a key component of his relegation-battling side. The forward would end the 2014/15 scoring five goals in the last nine league games, and played a pivotal role in the 6-1 demolition of Rangers in the playoffs. He is also well remembered for finishing the 2nd league victory with a sore face courtesy of Bilel Mohsni, and his “battered them” television interview shortly after. With safety assured, Motherwell offered Erwin a new deal at Fir Park, however the Lanarkshire lad chose instead to try his luck at Leeds United. Following loan spells at Bury and Oldham, Erwin now finds himself back in the SPFL at Rugby Park.

Size: Large

The Erwin and Reynolds shirts have gone - £53 for the former, £40 for the latter - bringing the weekly auction total to £533 (meaning we've raised over a grand already thanks to the Double Your Money initiative).

This week's auctions will be online shortly.

The Erwin and Reynolds shirts have gone - £53 for the former, £40 for the latter - bringing the weekly auction total to £533 (meaning we've raised over a grand already thanks to the Double Your Money initiative).

This week's auctions will be online shortly.

Shaun Hutchinson's signed, match-worn shirt is now online, as is Kevin McBride's match-worn jersey: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/08/31/this-weeks-auction-items-shaun-hutchison-kevin-mcbride/

Hutchinson's jersey sold for £117, McBride's for £41. A running total of £691 (£1,382 when you factor in Les) - already a great return.

This week, you can get Scott McDonald's signed match-worn jersey or an unsigned match-worn jersey from Darren Smith:

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/09/07/this-weeks-auction-items-scott-mcdonald-darren-smith/

• 2 weeks later...

A day late this week due to some issues but both of this week's auctions are now online!

Last week, the Darren Smith jersey went for £26. Scott McDonald's, however, went for a few quid more - hitting the £205 mark!

That brings our running total up to £922 - or £1,844 when you add the Les factor...

This week we have two auctions that are bound to generate interest, albeit for different reasons...

England international John Ruddy and Amsterdam fan Paul Slane: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/09/15/this-weeks-auction-items-john-ruddy-paul-slane/

A day late this week due to some issues but both of this week's auctions are now online!

Last week, the Darren Smith jersey went for £26. Scott McDonald's, however, went for a few quid more - hitting the £205 mark!

That brings our running total up to £922 - or £1,844 when you add the Les factor...

This week we have two auctions that are bound to generate interest, albeit for different reasons...

England international John Ruddy and Amsterdam fan Paul Slane: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/09/15/this-weeks-auction-items-john-ruddy-paul-slane/

I'm sure the total will be way over the £1000 mark soon enough, Ruddy had a great season with us. Fun fundraising method for The Well Society, hopefully we can get as close as possible to that £500,000 mark which is set to be doubled by Les Hutchison!

On another note, can't wait to add that Hutchinson jersey to the man cave!!

Is it wrong that I'm tempted to bid for the Paul Slane one?

The John Ruddy and Paul Slane jerseys posted last week (links above) are going to run until tomorrow as they went online 24 hours late.

However, we are sticking with Thursday morning being the designated days for new auctions. We'll have raised over £1,000 (so over £2,000 thanks to Les) once last week's auctions finish (and I'll update the total tomorrow on here).

This week's we have a signed, match-worn jersey from Marc Fitzpatrick, and a match-worn Jamie Pollock jersey signed by a number of the 2010-11 squad, including the likes of Sutton, Craigan, Lasley, and Jeffers.

More info and to bid here: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/09/21/this-weeks-auction-items-marc-fitzpatrick-jamie-pollok-signed-by-2010-11-squad/

Re-listed the Jamie Pollock jersey as it didn't sell last week - quite surprised at that given the front of the jersey is signed by the squad that made the Scottish Cup Final in 2011.

This week, it's joined by a signed, match worn jersey belonging to Henri Anier:

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/09/28/this-weeks-auction-items-henri-anier-jamie-pollock-signed-by-2010-11-squad/