Scottish Premiership Game 2: St Johnstone (A) Saturday 12/08/17

Ocelot Groomin'

A few had cramp last night so i dont think it will be too bad, certainly the guys who came on last night, Maclean, Bowman and Fisher have given Robinson something to think about they changed the game for us last night when they came on. Tanner was very poor last night so perhaps benching him for Maclean wouldn't be bad idea.

I could see Mclean in, and wouldn't be surprised to see moult rested, but a lot depends on whether we're trying to force him through games to get his sharpness up or not. Fisher and Bowman certainly gave the manager something to think about too.

I don't think his fitness is that bad. He has only scored the two free kicks but with better finishing he could have had a couple in both the Rangers and County games.

As a few people have said it seems more mental than physical. He missed a few easy chances against Berwick which probably effected him and then got drawn into scrapping with Alves and Cardoso rather than concentrating on his own game against Rangers. On the highlights from last night his body language looked poor and he got booked again needlessly.

He'll only get past this by putting the ball in the net.

Don't understand the bad feelings ditected at Ryan Bowman. The guy has given his all every time he plays and is a real good honest hard worker. Okay he may not be a prolific goal scorer but he does make some great runs and drags defenders about and never gives them any respite. If he can just get a decent run in the team and score couple of goals then his confidence will rise. He's a worker that plays for the jersey and that will do for me.

• Like 6

St. Johnstone will play 5 in midfield so I'd be surprised if we didn't match up.

Ah, the old McGhee approach of worrying more about the opposition than anything else. Let's hope we don't see a return to that inferiority complex. I know studying your opponents prior to a match is crucial but I'd rather that meant slight tweaks to our set up rather than basing our entire plan on what the opposition are likely to do.

I suspect we'll line up 352 anyway...

• Like 2

So many unknowns about this game. We've quite a few players suffering knocks and bruises so it'll be difficult to determine our line up. We'll play 5 in middle though maybe in a 4-5-1 formation if Tanner isn't fit. We don't yet know who St Johnstone will play up front - one of the strikers may not even be signed up yet.

I'm a bit more confident this season as we're better prepared physically to match Saints. However they're a more experienced and streetwise team than us and know all the scams, cons and tricks. We've got a shocking recent record in Perth, admittedly based on little good luck, so its time to rectify that. I think the team will give the support more to cheer this time round.

This is my "home" game for us and quietly hopeful I will finally see us win in Perth. Been up here since 2011 and yet to see them win.

Missed only two games since then (Christmas 2011 & October 2012 I think) and was both Motherwell wins. Maybe best staying away!!

Quite a poor record in Perth all considered.

Fior me Fisher,s link up play and all round effort been great just has to start doing the most important part which is scoring

If we can get Fisher AND Moult scoring then we are on to a good thing with Cadden, Frear, Bigi and now MacLean looking like scoring options from midfield.