Scottish Premiership Game 8: Partick Thistle (H) Saturday 30/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Talk about stating the obvious and hammering the shit out of it !!!

Are you a health and safety inspector for your day job???

Here's a novel idea. Why don't we just enjoy this fabulous spell of supporting our team for what it is and let the management team who actually know about football do the worrying about the next round of games.

check the posters name then move on before you read. Some on here will only find the negativity regardless. If we manage to get to the league cup final they'll explain in detail how it can only be bad for the club as it will affect our league performances. Im putting words in mouths I guess but they'll find something. Just move on mate and ignore.

Not upset with that in the slightest and no desire to cause upset to others.

But you do along with a few others, by shouting down anyone with a different opinion, or psyche, which you deem negative

why are fellow fans not allowed to evaluate performances or league positions as they see it and discuss on an open forum?

others respond to points, your likes just tell them they are wrong and shouldn't be looking/commenting about games/players/club/income/league standings that way.

if nobody throws up queries or observations - there is no debate or opportunity to discuss / reflect on improvement opportunities or even that constraints would prevent change, but its still nice to consider potential for an even better outcome, by exploring perceived weakness or even just balancing expectation

and right on cue :pleasantry:

Finally the universal equilibrium of May for Kirk + McGrillen plus £100,000 has been restored by Heneghan plus £400,000 for Hartley.

As for where we are

Assuming Celtic beat us we'll have taken 1 point from 15 from the Top 5, while beating all the other Bottom 6 regulars. That's exactly where we are right now - between two poles.

We've also been lucky to have 6 out of 8 at home with most of those against winnable opponents.

The next round of matches is going to be tougher but we can be happy for now that we have points in the bag.

So top 6 then...

What a difference a few months make - I can actually say that I look forward to a Saturday so far this season,and as as much a die hard as I'd count myself, that hasn't always been the case in recent times - I'm sure many feel the same !

I noted the comment earlier that the team seem to be reaping the benefit of what they appear to be told during the week - for this, a massive amount of credit has to go to SR (and LAS and the rest of the back team staff), but also massive credit to every one in the squad for so far doing their bit - I was wondering if it was solely down to SR getting the chance to put his stamp on the running of the team, but there's no doubt the quality that he has brought in, tied in with their willingness to work hard, is way ahead of where we have been recently.

The competition for places is well documented, and we continue to grow as a team - yes we have played better than yesterday, but no way would we have been as focused on the end result as we were, and you can almost feel the desire from TC and the guys in front of him, not only to win, but not lose a goal - as poor as Thistle were, we may have struggled before.

We won't win or draw every game, but when the wee slump comes, let's hope we stay behind the team, for as long as they work hard as they have been doing, there will be many more good days than bad this season.

Oh, and Louie, get the contract signed, you know it makes sense, this team may actually do something, and you will get your move (at the right time).

MON RA DOSSERS

• Like 2

What I was encouraged with was Moult didn't have his greatest game but the team don't solely depend on him, Bowman energy makes a huge difference.

When we scored I didn't think there was any chance we would lose the game which is unusual for me really enjoying ws6ching the team again

Its nice to come away from a game where the only thing to moan about is that they ran out of pies in the Cooper stand.

I left my seat at 40mins qued for 10 to be told no pies. New catering company is a shambles. 1less till slow as fuk staff and no pies 5mins into HT. the wee flustered lassie said we have been really busy.

One thing is for certain Dunne is a better defender than goalkeeper if his throw in skills are taken into account.:)

I like Dunne for his defensive duties and winning the ball back, the same as McHugh but they are both just as likely to bring the pressure straight back onto us with their passing. I don't think we can afford both of them playing in the semi final and would look at Hammell for that game.

That said I still think Dunne will help us win more points than we lose but I want to be able to watch him pass a ball without looking though my fingers...

I've every confidence in Keef to help the lad correct it.

Im sure Las is a good coach but considering as a player he couldnt pass water, I wouldnt be counting on him to help! I suppose we will know the answer if Dunne starts playing a wee chip pass to nobody 15 times a game

• Like 1

Im sure Las is a good coach but considering as a player he couldnt pass water, I wouldnt be counting on him to help!

Mibbe not, but there are plenty of good coaches who were pretty average themselves at what they're coaching. (And vice versa.)

Not upset with that in the slightest and no desire to cause upset to others.

We all look at fixtures ahead of course we do. Some see hope some see despair. Personally, I like to choose hope. I have no reasoning for this other than I'm a glass is half full sort of guy. I have no football qualifications so don't sweat the small stuff.

The club pay people with the appropriate skills to do that.

I do however find it tiresome reading the same warnings week in week out. This is the second week in a row we have been reminded of our apparent failure to beat those above us.

In truth, I'm well happy with being in that split between the two halves of the league. It's an obvious sign of progress.

I do think though, that based upon the obvious spirit around the team at this moment, we fans have reason to be optimistic about the upcoming fixtures. I for one am confident that this current Motherwell team will not confine beating the big teams this season to just cup games.

We may not finish in the top 6, we may not maintain this momentum but we will acquire some great memories from this season. And when those memorable moments come, it's really tiresome when the usual glass is half empty folk piss on those chips with their precautionary messages using stats that can be manipulated.

Carpe diem !!!!

Mate, all he said was that we've got tougher games coming up...and we do.

Btw I'm not standing up for Ya Bezzer particularly as he does indeed talk a power of shite, his melt down over Dom Thomas was hilarious.

But, I really have no idea idea why you're getting so bent out of shape over him looking at some tricky fixtures coming up. No-one seems to be being negative, perhaps you're looking for something that isn't there atm, which would suggest you're the one who is obsessed with negativity.

Just watched the BBC TV highlights and Cerny appears to turn his body towards the Hunter Stand, grab Bowman from behind as he passed him and haul him down.

Great bit of trickery from Hartley for our third!

We'll be calling that a "Hartley turn" many seasons from now

Dominant performance yesterday. It's difficult to not look forward to a game on a Saturday now such is the change from last season. Not just in terms of better players on the park but also in terms of organisation attitudes character etc. Let's be honest here we were a pushover last season, in most cases beaten before a ball was kicked. It's refreshing to see a positive change and for that the manager and his staff deserve credit.

Now before all the gloomists jump on my post, by no means am I expecting a top six season and a cup win, and appreciate the season has only just begun. However if we continue to apply ourselves the way we have so far then I would like to think we will be challenging for a top six place and the season could be considered a success by its conclusion.

There's been plenty to moan about for a year or two, deservedly so, both on and off the park but I can see things moving in a right direction on both aspects

• Like 1

As poor as Thistle were, in the past we would have dropped to (or already been at) their level and had a complete non-event of a game that could have gone either way.

Credit to the team for a professional job while not firing on all cylinders.

At this early stage of the season I'm (unusually) confident we won't be involved in a relegation battle and think we'll be pushing for a top six place although likely to ultimately fall short of that target.

At this early stage of the season I'm (unusually) confident we won't be involved in a relegation battle and think we'll be pushing for a top six place although likely to ultimately fall short of that target.

At the moment I suspect we will be battling it out with Hearts, Hibs, StJohbstone and possibly Dundee for 3 top six places. I'm excluding Rangers from that group but unless they change manager before Christmas, they could also be in that group.

Of that group I believe we have no one to fear and everyone will take points from each other so I'm hopeful that we will be top 6.

As poor as Thistle were, in the past we would have dropped to (or already been at) their level and had a complete non-event of a game that could have gone either way.

Credit to the team for a professional job while not firing on all cylinders.

Who do you think will beat us to a top 6 place? If we assume Celtic Aberdeen and Rangers are the top 3 (and in the case of Rangers thats a big if), then I believe we will fight it out with Hibs StJohnstone and Hearts for the other 3 places. We are currently 1 point behind, level, and 4pts ahead of these 3 teams. I dont think anyone else will contend and I believe it will be tough but that if we can maintain our current performance level we can do it. I predict Hibs 4th us 5th and StJ/Hearts for 6/7th.

Whether we do or not we have more than enough to stay clear of trouble and have another cup run.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk