Scottish Premiership Game 8: Partick Thistle (H) Saturday 30/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Aside from the Moult contract situation, I can see is getting offers for Cadden and Campbell in January.

Not really bothered by the results of any of the Scottish national teams but ideally looking for Cadden and Campbell to have good games on Friday night for Scotland U21s against England. Would certainly attract the attention of scouts down South if they could compete well in that game...

Who do you think will beat us to a top 6 place? If we assume Celtic Aberdeen and Rangers are the top 3 (and in the case of Rangers thats a big if), then I believe we will fight it out with Hibs StJohnstone and Hearts for the other 3 places. We are currently 1 point behind, level, and 4pts ahead of these 3 teams. I dont think anyone else will contend and I believe it will be tough but that if we can maintain our current performance level we can do it. I predict Hibs 4th us 5th and StJ/Hearts for 6/7th.

Whether we do or not we have more than enough to stay clear of trouble and have another cup run.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

As I've said previously we've been fortunate with our fixture list.

Take Hearts for example, they are 4 points behind us but they've had 7 away matches and 1 home, while we've had 6 home and 2 away. We've had Ross County, Kilmarnock, a low point Hearts and Partick at home. Partick on the other hand have had 4 home games - Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Levein managed Hearts. Most teams have played Celtic, we've managed to avoid them completely in this round of matches.

The second round of fixtures is going to be like going round the curve in an athletics race, everything evens out and everyone will have played each other twice. We've started well and have points in the bag but going round the curve to be a tougher for us as we will be on the road more than most and the pack might well close up on us. We'll probably have two matches against Celtic coming up, we'll be away to Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. And we will play most of the none city clubs on their own grounds.

At this point it's unknown how our away form is going to pan out as well as other factors like Ross County and Kilmarnock bringing in new managers.

I wouldn't rule out a top 6 place but we still have a lot to prove - and we need to improve our results against the Top 5 teams.

I'm fairly confident going in to the last few months of the year. We are so so much better than last year and, no matter the reason, a good run early in the season does wonders for confidence and that tends to just grow and grow.

Of the next 12 games, I think we will continue to pick up points over the next 4 games, have a really tough middle 4, then pick up points again the next 4. We do have a lot of away games as you'd expect. However, I have no fear travelling with this group of players and we all know the manager is quick to change it if it's not working.

Accies away, Dundee away, Hibs home, Ross County away

Aberdeen away, St J home, Celtic home, Celtic away

Hearts away, Partick away, Killie away, Dundee home

All going well I reckon we will be comfortably mid table.

Who do you think will beat us to a top 6 place? If we assume Celtic Aberdeen and Rangers are the top 3 (and in the case of Rangers thats a big if), then I believe we will fight it out with Hibs StJohnstone and Hearts for the other 3 places. We are currently 1 point behind, level, and 4pts ahead of these 3 teams. I dont think anyone else will contend and I believe it will be tough but that if we can maintain our current performance level we can do it. I predict Hibs 4th us 5th and StJ/Hearts for 6/7th.

Whether we do or not we have more than enough to stay clear of trouble and have another cup run.

We've both said we should be clear of relegation issues and I'm looking forward to that being the case, I just think we'll fall a bit short of top six. Difficult to say who will be there but I expect Hearts to improve, Hibs have the resources to improve their squad in January and i don't think we'll reach St. Johnstone's level of consistency.

As for a cup run, by our standards that means getting to a semi so we can already tick that box!

We've both said we should be clear of relegation issues and I'm looking forward to that being the case, I just think we'll fall a bit short of top six. Difficult to say who will be there but I expect Hearts to improve, Hibs have the resources to improve their squad in January and i don't think we'll reach St. Johnstone's level of consistency.

As for a cup run, by our standards that means getting to a semi so we can already tick that box!

That's a reasonable assessment. Given that the current team is better than say the past 2/3 seasons during one of which, we achieved top six, how much of an indication is that of an improvement in quality of the SPL overall?

Reasonable assessment, more I think about it St Johnstone should be in our sights and as for cup runs lets have 2!. Anyways nice to have a debate about how high up the table we will finish, not how lowly we will be

• Like 1