Flow - Credit Where It's Due

Goggles & Flippers

Further credit due for his schooling of Tom English on Twitter this morning.

Yep. With absolute utter ease I might add.

When our highest profile "journalists" don't understand the laws of the game (that their beloved Bigot Brothers helped vote in) what chance do you have??

Tom English saying the Robinson had a chance to speak his mind on Monday (before the citation from compliance officer) is the biggest red neck of this whole cringe fest.

We've done a great job of handling this carry on, but I'm sure this is just the start of the dirty tricks leading up to the final, our our next game against Rangers. It's a damn shame that on this country the underdog story isn't welcome unless it is about Celtic against some European giant or The Rangers "journey".

The BBC watch the presser highlights and take what they will from them. Lazy.

To be honest, I would have no problem with them just watching on YouTube (the questions are usually just the same predictable tosh every week anyway), provided they still fairly and accurately reported anything of interest.

Reading that Twitter thread Burrows says that the BBC don't go to Fir Park press conferences and we know that they don't to go to Rangers.

From a sporting point of view I find that very surprising. The BBC is a public body and therefore not commercial. Given that, they should be unbiased in their attendance of such press conferences. A very poor show.

From a sporting point of view I find that very surprising. The BBC is a public body and therefore not commercial. Given that, they should be unbiased in their attendance of such press conferences. A very poor show.

It's not commercial, but they still have a budget that the Government likes to cut as often as it can. I'd guess they probably don't go to any press conferences outside of Glasgow or Edinburgh.

They have a relatively small number of reporters so would doubt they could attend all press conferences. If they've got specific questions I'm sure they could ask them in a separate interview.

The press conferences are staggered so journalists can go to multiple teams.

To be fair to the BBC they were told to reduce certain aspects of their regional and local coverage the last time the charter got renewed to give other media outlets bigger market share. That still doesn't change the fact that there coverage of Scottish football is a disgrace and Sportsound basically amounts to a Celtic fanzine with the occasional belly rub for Aberdeen.

• Like 2

I think the reason they attended the press conference this week was in the hope that Robinson would give them something to run with regarding the Gers. Remember they are banned from Ibrox and any good mentions from them and the Rangers Board might mellow a wee bit and let them back in.

• 5 months later...

Congrats to Flow. Despite his detractors I think its fair to say there have been significant improvements at the club both on and off the field. From the pitch, to the new scoreboard, new roof on the Hunter, our continued excellence in social media / marketing, signing policy, finally getting the Well Society over the line, re-structuring our debt re-payments, the list could go on. Sure there have been mistakes along the way, but its good to see the club as a whole seem to listen to the fans, learn from them and move on. Having someone who has the interests of the club at heart should never be the only criteria for a General Manager / Chief Exec but it is re-assuring that the guy in post is one of our own.

• Like 3