Standing Up To The Old Firm

ONeils40yarder

Our team done us proud last night on the park, they battled, they harried, they made it as difficult as possible for the team we were playing against who have almost 20 times our resources. Celtic managed to come away with a draw, aided and abetted by a complicit referee who was desperate to keep this domestic unbeaten run going.

The fans done their bit too, the atmosphere generated was brilliant at times.

In my opinion though the Club let the team down, we are at such a disadvantage playing against this lot that we should be doing everything we can to make Fir Park as intimidating as possible, not inviting their fans into the Cooper Bar, not giving them half of the main stand, ensuring that their vocal support is dispersed throughout the South Stand rather than being allowed to do whatever they want, not allowing a fucking arsehole with a celtic scarf on to do the half-time draw, and fire a microphone in his face so that he can tell us all about how great Celtic are.

I get the financial implications of not allowing Celtic fans into the Main Stand and the Cooper Bar, but I've no idea how any Motherwell fan can be comfortable with the situation.

• Like 2

Our team done us proud last night on the park, they battled, they harried, they made it as difficult as possible for the team we were playing against who have almost 20 times our resources. Celtic managed to come away with a draw, aided and abetted by a complicit referee who was desperate to keep this domestic unbeaten run going.

In my opinion though the Club let the team down, we are at such a disadvantage playing against this lot that we should be doing everything we can to make Fir Park as intimidating as possible, not inviting their fans into the Cooper Bar, not giving them half of the main stand, ensuring that their vocal support is dispersed throughout the South Stand rather than being allowed to do whatever they want, not allowing a fucking arsehole with a celtic scarf on to do the half-time draw, and fire a microphone in his face so that he can tell us all about how great Celtic are.

I get the financial implications of not allowing Celtic fans into the Main Stand and the Cooper Bar, but I've no idea how any Motherwell fan can be comfortable with the situation.

Cooper bar i have no issue with, other teams fans go in there and when i was there last night there were no problems as far as I could see and it was still predominately Mwell. Main stand I do have an issue with. They should have been at the other end with a shite view through dirty glass panels and seperate catering point to ensure mwell fans at the game could feel comfortable in their own ground. It also concentrates their support at one end of the ground rather than a 'stereo'effect on noise.

A significant moment for me in recent years was cutting back the Rangers allocation in the play off game. That set a defiant standing up for ourselves tone that fans and I think players responded to.

The team and manager did do us proud last night, but I think the club are in a difficult position in reacting to the blatant unfairness being heaped on us from referees and media alike. I understand the demand to 'call it out' and make a real fuss but we all know how that will be portrayed media wise and does anyone think it would make any difference with the muppets that run the game here.

We do not want to be seen as infected with the paronoia associated with Celtic and I think our manager played a post match blinder last night as the easiest thing to do was bleat about the penalty which might have made us all feel a bit better at the time but he showed far more class than his odious counterpart who i am coming to detest more with each passing day.

The club needs the players focussed in the correct manner and i have no doubt the manager (behind closed doors) is using these decisions in the right way with the players, and highlighting the performance of our team in the media rather than give them the frothing at the mouth headline they are looking for to then beat him up with in the coming days.

It is ironic then that at the time we have a team, manager, and club setup to be so positive about I find myself for the second time in a few days utterly depressed and so angry with the game in Scotland. A sycophantic, compliant media, referees who are incompetent, easily influenced, and non accountable, and those running the game subservient blazers.

It does make you think 'whats the point' but I'll get over it, to paraphrase from the other bigot brother we don't walk away.

A final word on the odious Rodgers. He says in the media we appear to be angry about everything. Fooking right we are but that is nothing to how they would react if the boot was on the other foot.

And Brendan next time you are up against a team with squillions more resource and better players, place a call to Robbo, he will show you how to set things up so you are competitive and dont get humped by 5 - 7 goals.

Rant over!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

And also in the Centenary Suite. At the very least, if we are going to sell hospitality to opposition fans, and especially those as arrogant as they are, they should be reminded that they will be sitting among the home support and need to tailor their behaviour accordingly. Sitting beside and in front of several of them last night, we were subjected to them shouting their team on constantly and celebrating a penalty won by one diving cheating fanny and scored by another as if they had just beaten Barcelona, jumping around and roaring without caring who they were amongst. With their customary arrogance, they blithely ignored anything shouted at them to remember where they were, and one of them even offered a square go to a Well fan who told them what he thought as he was leaving with his kids. Typical of them, but at the very least more needs to be done with stewarding if we are to sell to them in future.