Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Hopefully tonight's postponement gives us a slight advantage over Hearts, who had to play last night.

Doubt it very much.  If we were playing Saturday maybe, but 4.5 days to recover should be more than enough for a professional footballer.

At least tonight's postponement means new no injury concerns (unless in training) and no possible suspensions, although not sure if that applied to anyone in any case.

1 hour ago, daver said:

Is there a chance this game will now be in doubt as well? Bad weather seems to be with us for another few days, hopefully the extra day will be enough to let conditions improve. Bring back Rickoza for weather predictions!

Possibly - but the BBC forecast for Motherwell (for now anyway) shows little snow falling on Friday, Saturday and Sunday which should give enough time to clear pitch and surrounding areas from today and tomorrow snowfall.  

With Dallas in charge I better not forget to take my blood pressure tablets  as we have had some howlers this season ,but his performance in Accies game was by far the worst imo as how he ignored the Accies hand ball after already giving pen to them fir less more obvious handball still beggars belief .

27 minutes ago, wellowell said:

With Dallas in charge I better not forget to take my blood pressure tablets  as we have had some howlers this season ,but his performance in Accies game was by far the worst imo as how he ignored the Accies hand ball after already giving pen to them fir less more obvious handball still beggars belief .

We were terrible in that game, and our awful performance was nothing to do with Dallas. We need to focus on playing well, not worrying about who the ref is.

I never blamed ref fir defeat but in Scottish football your not human if don’t worry about refs because their howling and no matter how well you play some times a very poor ref can affect game .We were crap against Accies and that’s main reason we lost but if you think we shouldn’t worry about refs as bad as Dallas then so be it just let’s wait and see what we’re talking about on Sunday Night .For the record I hope it’s the football we’re talking about but I have my reservations .

55 minutes ago, weeyin said:

We were terrible in that game, and our awful performance was nothing to do with Dallas. We need to focus on playing well, not worrying about who the ref is.

23 minutes ago, wellowell said:

I never blamed ref fir defeat but in Scottish football your not human if don’t worry about refs because their howling and no matter how well you play some times a very poor ref can affect game .We were crap against Accies and that’s main reason we lost but if you think we shouldn’t worry about refs as bad as Dallas then so be it just let’s wait and see what we’re talking about on Sunday Night .For the record I hope it’s the football we’re talking about but I have my reservations .

I'm taking it away a little from the Hearts game but I disagree to an extent.  I don't think we were terrible or crap in that Accies game at all, well not until Dallas intervened and changed the course of the game with the debatable penalty decision that gave Hamilton a lifeline from nowhere. Until that point we were looking in control and if not spectactular were solid enough.

And that wasn't the first time Dallas has had a negative impact on proceedings.  The thought has struck me in the past what with his father's supposed leanings, however partial, towards Motherwell that subconsciously he feels he has to go the extra mile to demonstrate there is no bias towards Motherwell and it sometimes manifests itself in him being overly picky on us.

Completely agree that the team need to disregard who the referee and focus fully on the performance but as supporters there are several officials out there when appointed you immediately think "hmmmm,....okay". Dallas is one of them.

8 minutes ago, something else said:

Don't think there's a chance of this game being on. Snow forecast for a few more days yet and temperatures to stay below zero.

I think there is every chance it will be on. Unless BBC are way of the mark their online forecast is for NO or very little snow tomorrow or Saturday and even into Sunday in Motherwell. That being the case the clear up can begin tomorrow a full 2 days ahead of KO. 

Again assuming BBC forecast is accurate !!

I think there is every chance it will be on. Unless BBC are way of the mark their online forecast is for NO or very little snow tomorrow or Saturday and even into Sunday in Motherwell. That being the case the clear up can begin tomorrow a full 2 days ahead of KO. 
BIG assumption but really hope its on

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642135

The video doesnt suggest it will get any better.

How many postponements did our game against Locos have? 7 or 8?

When we did get the game on the journey was pretty hairy up to around Dundee and then there was hardly any snow beyond there although it was absolutely freezing in Inverurie. Cracking fish supper though!

3 hours ago, superward said:

Everything will be hunky dory come Sunday afternoon.  Main roads are fine now, pitch will be playable with the USH. No more snow forecast. Game will be on. 

Main roads in Motherwell/Hamilton are fine you mean.

Go 7 miles up the road and Carluke was blocked in from all directions this morning.  Supposedly Edinburgh got pummelled by the snow again lastnight. Trains were all off this morning and only running a few services today.

Hopefully it gets better and the games on, but I don't think its guaranteed.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic