Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

13 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Been very little snow in the last 12 hours.........main roads around FP are  clear......just the pavements around the ground will need gritted

over to NLC to get it sorted !!!!

Wasn't much NLC did to assist ahead of the Accies game when we last had snow, notwithstanding there being 2 schools in the vicinity.  Came down to folks volunteering with shovels on the morning of the game.  

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Main roads in Motherwell/Hamilton are fine you mean.

Go 7 miles up the road and Carluke was blocked in from all directions this morning.  Supposedly Edinburgh got pummelled by the snow again lastnight. Trains were all off this morning and only running a few services today.

Hopefully it gets better and the games on, but I don't think its guaranteed.

I'm in Edinburgh today for work, drove from Uddingston and it's fine. If the Aberdeen v Killie game is on ours willl be on too.  Might be a lower attendance but if pitch, main roads and surrounding areas of FP are passable it will be game on. 

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Main roads in Motherwell/Hamilton are fine you mean.

Go 7 miles up the road and Carluke was blocked in from all directions this morning.  Supposedly Edinburgh got pummelled by the snow again lastnight. Trains were all off this morning and only running a few services today.

Hopefully it gets better and the games on, but I don't think its guaranteed.

I'm in Polmont right on the Edinburgh - Glasgow line and it's been snowing constantly for 3 days. There's just over 3 and a half feet of snow in parts of my garden.

Only train that's running this way is a half hourly GLA - EDI service via Falkirk High, which is being monitored. Even if the game's on there's no way I'll be able to make it unless there's a dramatic improvement over the next couple of days.

55 minutes ago, daver said:

On the slim chance I can get my car out of my street in Glasgow, even if the roads around the ground are clear can you park at the side of them or is it just a clear track up the middle for driving?

Think you should be fine to park from what I saw. But trains are running Central to Motherwell already today if you are worried about it. 

Is pay at the gate definitely an option? Official site has the Aberdeen game listed "Tickets on sale from the Fir Park Ticket Office or pay at the gate." but tomorrow's game just says "Tickets on sale from the Fir Park ticket office". 

Will it be one of those weird ones where you need to buy your ticket first? 

49 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hopefully cabin fever will be setting in for a lot of people and we get a good home crowd.

Cabin fever might work both ways.  In parts of the east, transport problems will take their toll as conditions are still poor.  Some roads still very dodgy and train services from Edinburgh reportedly very poor.  Probably around 7 of us, some with tickets, won't make it now and will have to settle for watching it on TV, which I normally loathe .   According to the forecast more blizzards on the way.  I reckon the weather will knock a few hundred off the gate.  

COYW! 

27 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Barry says you have sno balls Dave :-)

Only Joking......

It is snowing lightly on M8 but clear on the roads 

Tell Barry its still snowing heavily here and cars getting stuck on the road outside.  Safe journey to all travelling to and from FP.  Hope the team rewards you all. 

Hearts haven't lost to a team outside the Top 5 since September but they have drawn 11 out of their last 25 so a replay at Tynecastle seems the most likely outcome.

Hearts aren't free scoring though, they rarely score than once in a game so I think if we can get an early goal here and then push for the second we can get through to the semi finals.

Wouldn't surprise me though if Hearts set up looking for a replay and we've struggled a bit against teams that sit in - Kilmarnock and Hibs spring to mind.

38 minutes ago, sinjy said:

Does anyone know if there will be separate gates in the East stand for those who bought tickets and those paying cash. I have bought my season ticket seat and will head up later if there is a ticket only gate. 

There wasn’t at the Accies game which was an utter pain in the arse. Made buying a ticket pointless. Especially waiting for them finding the correct change. 

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic