Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The earlier kick off and the game live on TV were factors but agreed the home support was poor, 

I expect the TV option made it an easier decision for folks whose travel was a bit dodgy.  Yesterday the papers were full of "most trains cancelled" type warnings.

Glad we managed to get the game on at all. Kudos to everyone with a shovel the past couple of days.

• Like 1

Great team display toughed out the second half dominated the first. But something has to be done about the abismal standard of scottish refs. So inconsistant its incredable, everyone of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stv said:

Great team display toughed out the second half dominated the first. But something has to be done about the abismal standard of scottish refs. So inconsistant its incredable, everyone of them.

Sadly, the only way for the refereeing standards to improve is for people who really care about it to get involved in the system.  If the "best" we have don't improve, there's nobody to replace them. It's not like a football team where we can sell them on and bring in better options.

I’m no fan of how we play and was getting a tad restless as Hearts threatened to run away with it. Huge credit to Robinson for changing shape and for the players dragging us back into the game, none more so that the outstanding Alan Campbell.

Cracking goal to win it. Delighted for McHugh who epitomises our hunger and desire regardless of how well we are playing. 

Delighted to be back at Hampden. That’s 6 cup wins against top flight opposition this season. How many years and managers do we need to go back match that tally.

Finally, really disappointing home crowd, less than 3000? Each to their own but I find the turnout baffling. 

3 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Finally, really disappointing home crowd, less than 3000? Each to their own but I find the turnout baffling. 

Everyone will have their own reasons obviously but personally, I spent 2hrs digging my car out and by the time I was finished thought "forget it", and went back in the house.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Gutted they are putting the first down as an og. Had Main and 2-1.

Still buzzing though. What a goal to win it!

Eh? How can the first be an own goal when it wasnt over the line before Main touched it?

Thought we'd blown it with Kipre's cock-up. McHugh's goal was a screamer but big up to Carson who's wonder save meant McHugh's goal actually counted for something!

Great gutsy performane, now on to Rangers or Celtic in the semi,wd prefer the other gane but everyone knows the SFA will want their glamour final

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic