Are Motherwell A Dirty Club ?

Spiderpig

In my opinion, this is too simple a question. What exactly makes a team dirty?

I don't believe we are any dirtier than the rest of the SPL. In recent years, I think as a team, we often collect additional yellows and reds through naivety and lack of street wiseness compared to our competitors. Dirty and cynical play takes many forms. Regardless of statistics, I have often witnessed opposition successfully play to a referees frailties through play acting, time wasting and covert aggression. In contrast, the challenges made by Bowman and Kipre in the final were replayed in slow motion from numerous angles over and over again, to negative analysis.

I think today's game proved why such statistics are totally meaningless. We picked up 2 yellow cards and Dundee picked up 1. In point of fact we should have picked up 1 red and 1 yellow and Dundee 2 yellows and 2 reds.

There's lies, damned lies and statistics as the saying goes.

Hearts a dirty team? Surely not!!?? Well, consider this rogues gallery then - Ian Sneddon, Drew Busby, Alan Anderson, Walter 'The Animal' Kidd, Neil Berry, Tosh McKinlay, Gary MacKay, Wayne Foster, Gary Locke, Kenny Black, Dave Bowman and Alan Maybury. IMO they've always been a shower of dirty b*stards.

That's just nonsense!

You've clearly forgotten to add Craig Levein, Dave McPherson, Ian Baird and Jimmy Sandison to your list...

Hearts a dirty team? Surely not!!?? Well, consider this rogues gallery then - Ian Sneddon, Drew Busby, Alan Anderson, Walter 'The Animal' Kidd, Neil Berry, Tosh McKinlay, Gary MacKay, Wayne Foster, Gary Locke, Kenny Black, Dave Bowman and Alan Maybury. IMO they've always been a shower of dirty b*stards.

Heeheehee: what a rogue's gallery! Never forget that they even whacked each other. Remember when Levein and Hogg started punching each other on the pitch?

And of course they had those consummate deep sea divers, Colquhoun and Robertson, but that's another story.......

Kipre gets a red card in final for allegedly pulling back Sinclair and penalty awarded.

Just watched a PSG defender make a far stronger hand on shoulder contact on a Real player who goes down as if shot.

Penalty awarded and not even a yellow card given. PSG player already was on a yellow card.

Confused????

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Kipre gets a red card in final for allegedly pulling back Sinclair and penalty awarded.

Just watched a PSG defender make a far stronger hand on shoulder contact on a Real player who goes down as if shot.

Penalty awarded and not even a yellow card given. PSG player already was on a yellow card.

Confused????

Short answer is, we were done.

• Like 1

Confused????

The more pertinent equivalent was Partick's pen v Celtic not so long ago.

No red card, despite a clear pull, which is one of the exact definitions of a red in that scenario.

(For the ref) To call Kipré's a 'pull' was tenuous at best.

Personally I couldn't give a toss how "dirty" we are so long as we're sitting in a healthy league position and doing well off the field.

Guess I'm in a minority here, then. As long as we're at least breaking even I'd rather watch us playing silky football with less success any day of the week.