Scottish Premiership Game 27: Kilmarnock (H) 17/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Obviously just not our day. It can happen. We move on, to Dundee, I think, where we can hopefully get back on track. We have a fairly tough run of games up to the split so it remains important that we continue to pick up points. If, as I think is likely, we fail to make the top six, the one thing we do not want is to see us falling back into relegation or play off territory.

Stonewall penalty for Cifti. When are we gonna get some luck?

Also dire decision making at times. Caddens decision to shoot when he could've slotted in Tanner and in the end hitting the corner flag, and then Main going right instead of left when Frear was alone in the penalty area were both baffling.

Bottom six beckons. Shite.

I sometimes despair of posters on this site. Not all but a fair few

We were the better team today and yes we were powder puff in front of goal. But to say Clarke is the better manager based on a few months. Maybe - but give Robinson some credit for keeping us up last season and playing 10 cup games and winning 9. Not many managers if any have done that before and we still have a quarter final to come.

Oh and finally why does anyone in their right or wrong mind reply to Yodo. He is clearly a pathetic and quite poor troll and needs no encouragement at all.

When you see my name don't read the post then you won't get upset you sad individual

I dont think you can judge Steve Clarke based on a bit of a season but he is definitely getting results from a generally poor group of players.

Jordan Jones is Don Thomas - the odd trick but no end product. His main role yesterday was to receive out balls humped up the park which was ultimately effective in breaking up Motherwell pressure - credit to Clarkes tactics.

If Killie had had Eliot Frear in their side Boyd would have had a hat trick.

I dont think you can judge Steve Clarke based on a bit of a season but he is definitely getting results from a generally poor group of players.

Jordan Jones is Don Thomas - the odd trick but no end product. His main role yesterday was to receive out balls humped up the park which was ultimately effective in breaking up Motherwell pressure - credit to Clarkes tactics.

Frear hasn't managed to make three goals from open play in the entire time he has been here.

If Killie had Elliot Frear in their team we would have won ,done nothing the whole game yesterday looks out of his depth

Not normally one for negative posts, but now the dust has settled , i am extremely pissed off at yesterday's performance and the lack of tactical awareness by our management team.

I like Robinson but to suggest he's a

better coach than Clarke is laughable.

Their is not a single Killie player i would take in our team, yet Clarke has them winning games and climbing the table.

He has managed results in the league against both the old firm.

Clarke probably has a plan C and a plan D in mind for games. At this moment in time we dont even have a plan B.

• Like 1

Lack of cutting edge and poor final balls were really our undoing today...We had the most possession and forward play, but nothing came off for us up top.....

In the middle we really missed the dig and drive of Allan Campbell, and some of Bigi's play was rather erratic when he replaced Rose.......All in all there was little between the teams, and I don't believe Killie are any better a side than us, rather that sometimes when you hit a run of results you carry luck and rub of the green as well, much like us earlier in the season.

That about sums it up for me.

Pretty much my view. The first goal was always going to be crucial and so it turned out. As so often happens in this league there is precious little between the teams and one error decides the outcome. We made 2 and were punished Killie made one and got away with it. Yes, Alan Campbell was a huge loss. Having looked at the highlights, Ciftci was definitely hauled down in the box but when you’re on the kind of run Killie are on you simply don't concede penalties like that. The shot of Main going down, on Well TV, wasn’t clear enough to call.

A mixed bag of performances. Tanner flattered to deceive and we struggled to create for a large part of the game, with the exception of the early stages when we missed a few chances. That said, I doubt if Macdonald had a save to make (neither did Carson for that matter). I’m still not convinced of Nadir Ciftci and he didn’t do much yesterday. I don’t get the criticism of Frear. That was the lad’s first full game back for several months. I though he had a reasonable first half in which Killie struggled to contain him. In the second, they parked several buses and he was crowded out by 2 and sometimes 3 defenders. His biggest asset is his speed which is of little or no advantage when playing against a packed deep lying defence.

Dunne was my MOTM but Aldred also put in a great shift. Bowman too looked impressive when he came on, dragging defenders about and winning balls in the air.

It was one of those days when nothing went right and the best you can hope for is no red cards and no bad injuries. On that form Killie would have beaten every team in the league - they deserved a draw yes, but they got every break going. Steve Clarke has them well organised and is proving to be a lucky manager – a great asset in football.

• Like 3

When are we gonna get some luck?

We have plenty of luck but the problem is that most of it bad. In our last two games we've "enjoyed" pretty poor luck but still managed to win one. This has been some season for poor penalty calls though. They just keep coming don't they?

We have plenty of luck but the problem is that most of it bad. In our last two games we've "enjoyed" pretty poor luck but still managed to win one. This has been some season for poor penalty calls though. They just keep coming don't they?

Yes and no

We have had 3 own goals conceded for us this year inc the comical one in the cup game v Accies which set us up for victory. Could have had 4 if Broadfoot had gone in instead of hitting the post. These own goals are down to the pressure we are applying but also down to some good fortune.

I was p1ssed off yesterday for the 1st time in a while. I don’t like it but I can almost accept when a team comes to Fir Park and plays better and deserves the 3 points. That was not what happened yesterday. Killie were great in defence and decent in midfield but there was only one team with concerted pressure or most of the match and that was us. Poor decision making and final ball was to blame but we never really got any break of the ball. Very rare when you have 30 crosses into the box for us not to get a slice of luck.

Also can you imagine the same penalty incident of Ciftci v say Celtic and Dembele with Craig Thompson refereeing. I think we know what the outcome would have been.

Worried a little we may slip back into the battle against the drop. Hard to see Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Ross C all going on good enough runs to trouble us. That and Dundee also play the Old firm, Aberdeen and Hearts before the split. But if we lose next week at Dens it could get a bit messy.

Anyway I would take another Cup semi over top 6 - make it so Motherwell.

It went to:

Cadden, Aldred, Dunne, Tait

Tanner Bigi McHugh Frear

Bowman Main

Grimmy replaced Cadden when he came off injured then Aldred stayed up top for the last 5 minutes or something for the final pish.

I didn't realise that Cadden was injured. What happened? In any event he's wasted at right back.

Yes and no

We have had 3 own goals conceded for us this year inc the comical one in the cup game v Accies which set us up for victory. Could have had 4 if Broadfoot had gone in instead of hitting the post. These own goals are down to the pressure we are applying but also down to some good fortune.

I was p1ssed off yesterday for the 1st time in a while. I don’t like it but I can almost accept when a team comes to Fir Park and plays better and deserves the 3 points. That was not what happened yesterday. Killie were great in defence and decent in midfield but there was only one team with concerted pressure or most of the match and that was us. Poor decision making and final ball was to blame but we never really got any break of the ball. Very rare when you have 30 crosses into the box for us not to get a slice of luck.

Also can you imagine the same penalty incident of Ciftci v say Celtic and Dembele with Craig Thompson refereeing. I think we know what the outcome would have been.

Worried a little we may slip back into the battle against the drop. Hard to see Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Ross C all going on good enough runs to trouble us. That and Dundee also play the Old firm, Aberdeen and Hearts before the split. But if we lose next week at Dens it could get a bit messy.

Anyway I would take another Cup semi over top 6 - make it so Motherwell.

I don't disagree with most of that Iain but I don't class own goals as being lucky. If we're being consistent then Killie got lucky with their goal as it shaved the post on its way in. Our own goals against Accies and Dundee were down to very poor defending. Broadfoot's effort too yesterday was down to poor defending and he got lucky.

A measure of our luck yesterday was when two Kille defenders collided with one another and the ball spun away randomly.....landing right at Mulumbu's foot on the edge of the box allowing him to break upfield. We just didn't get that kind of luck yesterday.

In all my years of watching football I never believed in bad/good luck but events have changed my mind in the past 3/4 years.

• Like 1

Not normally one for negative posts, but now the dust has settled , i am extremely pissed off at yesterday's performance and the lack of tactical awareness by our management team.

I like Robinson but to suggest he's a

better coach than Clarke is laughable.

Their is not a single Killie player i would take in our team, yet Clarke has them winning games and climbing the table.

1 Its there

2. Lay off the drugs. Mulumbu for starters would walk intu your team.