Scottish Premiership Game 28: Dundee (A) 24/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

1 hour ago, Brazilian said:

yip, it is quiet ,  you carry on telling yourself and others that's the reason, if you really think it

After last week's game against Kilmarnock there were 207 replies  by midnight on the Sunday (we lost 1-0). So far today, admittedly with 2 and a half hours still to go till midnight, there have been 75 replies to yesterday's game (we won 1-0).

But carry on telling yourself, and others, that that is the reason, if you really think it.

• Like 2

4129 Motherwell fans attended last weeks loss

249 attended this weeks win

not the only factors, but on a social media platform which game would likely attract the most comments?

As Katie says he was merely observing, I'd suggest there was more than a hint of a dig ,

I'd suggest ,as it happens, this weeks win would likely have caused meltdown a higher post rate on here had it been a home game regardless of it being a win,

After last week's game against Kilmarnock there were 207 replies  by midnight on the Sunday (we lost 1-0). So far today, admittedly with 2 and a half hours still to go till midnight, there have been 75 replies to yesterday's game (we won 1-0).

But carry on telling yourself, and others, that that is the reason, if you really think it.

It has always been this way .... sad fact of human nature that folks are more motivated to criticise than praise.

However the whole vibe around yesterday pre match was low key (not from the management and team thankfully). Our away support looked even less than the 400 or so after the Rangers semi. I only live 45 miles from Dundee and after hearing about the Friarton Bridge roadworks, the cold weather, 2 games coming up, and post holiday finances I decided to give it a miss.

So not a fixture that was particularily attractive or captured the imagination (rightly or wrongly) and maybe thats had an effect.

There also seems unanimous opinion we weren't very good, rode our luck and did well to escape with 3 points so not much to debate really.

As around 300 fans actually attended against 4000 well fans at the Killie game I wonder if actually attending motivates posts (maybe not), but there was divided opinion amongst the support after the killie game, which always generates more posts.

So while i agree there is generally more activity when things aren't going well, other factors can come in to play as well.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

That shit would have got fitba banned if you watched it.

"but I'm more angry because I had spoken to the officials about (Curtis) Main. " - Neil McCann

What a wee sniveling cunt

But does make the whole thing a lot funnier.

• Like 1

To be honest there wasn't much to say about the game on Saturday other than we defended very well. I wouldn't say anyone was a real stand out but as a team we done well to not concede. We maybe carried a bit more luck than we have recently. As others have alluded to we basically did a Killie last week. Need to applaud the team for grinding a result out. For the goal Main showed he is capable of chipping in with an assist here and there. Looking forward to Wednesday now, Aberden are there for the taking in my eyes. There players might be on a bit of a downer after there display on Sunday,  let's hope we can take advantage.

Top 6 is still up for grabs

14 hours ago, Brazilian said:

4129 Motherwell fans attended last weeks loss

249 attended this weeks win

not the only factors, but on a social media platform which game would likely attract the most comments?

As Katie says he was merely observing, I'd suggest there was more than a hint of a dig ,

I'd suggest ,as it happens, this weeks win would likely have caused meltdown a higher post rate on here had it been a home game regardless of it being a win,

For what it is worth, I fully agree that Katie's comment was a dig, it was an opinion regarding the mentality of some of the posters on here and it is an opinion which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Clackscat has already, much more eloquently than I would have, made that argument, however, I will add that, regardless of the attendance, a lot of posters, myself included, tend to avoid the forums in the immediate aftermath  of a defeat due to the incessant negativity of some of the members of this forum, which would balance out the spectator to post ratio, at least to some extent. If we use me as a case study (totally pointless, I know, but I'm going to do it anyway), after the Killie game, which I attended, I posted once in the match thread, after the Dundee game , which I did not attend, I have now posted three times.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. :cheese:

PS, sorry if I've upset you.

PPS I was going to point out that Katie is female (the clue was in the name) but I see she has already done that

Edited by grumpy
I made an arse of it first time

Noticed an article in Dundee paper with comments from roarie deacon, "“We’ve played Motherwell four times. They haven’t really given us any trouble and we’ve only got a point. We battered them every game..." - laughable, delusional shit in Dundee dressing room not doubt Neil Mccann script. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/606888/dundee-winger-roarie-deacon-feels-robbed-motherwell/