Scottish Premiership Game 29 : Aberdeen (H) 03/04/18 19:45

ECOSSE1991

5 minutes ago, something else said:

I remember travelling up to Inverurie in the cup game and getting to Dundee and thinking no way will this game be on , it went ahead that night in worse weather than than the 2 postponements previous.

I remember being in Aberdeen on work so I could go to the game and it was a lovely sunny but cold day and I thought no way will it be called off and it was.  Cannot remember if it was 2nd or 3rd postponement.  So god knows what will happen.

But as pointed out I suspect more time will be given since it is scheduled for Sky.  But if it was snowing all afternoon.  Not sure how the game can get the green light.  It is not just down to whether the pitch is playable.  

3 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Just have had a  heavy 5 minute snow shower in the well couple  cm's have fallen.......temperature dropping into the minus and further showers forecast

If the undersoil  heating is on and the pitch is covered then it will be fine, the problem might be the local roads etc the police might seem it unsafe so game might be in doubt. 

I assume there will be an early pitch inspection.

35 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

What's the chances of the forecasters being miles out again and the weather being nowhere near as bad as they're making it sound....?

There has been a tendency recently of an over cautious/"Day after tomorrow" scenario .......however more heavy snow as I type

34 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

What's the chances of the forecasters being miles out again and the weather being nowhere near as bad as they're making it sound....?

It does seem like  they take no chances and forecast snow if there's even the slightest possibility. But looking at tomorrow's forecast it's -3 for most of the day with possible snow and heavier snow at dinner time.

I think it will be off.

As bad as the snow is around here I don't think they will have any issues getting the pitch clear (if its not already covered)

Biggest thing is going to be travel from Aberdeen and even our surrounding areas. Also the Police may take exception to footpaths etc being unsafe.

There's 3 games across the top flight tonight and I would suspect all clubs will be doing all they can to get them on regardless of school closures.

Personally was looking forward to seeing the orange baw out..

If it does go ahead, I'd go with the same lineup as Saturday apart from Rose > Tanner and Bowman > Ciftci

As an aside, used to love the weekends back in the seventies and eighties when most of the games were off and you wou,d see some odd games on tv because they were the only games on. Can recall a friendly between us and Hibs at Easter Road because they were the only side with undersoil heating. We were tearing up the first division under Davey Hay, but lost two nil, I think. Also remember Scotsport showing a game from Gayfield as, being so close to the sea, their pitch never freezes. In England, Leicester City would always be on as Filbert Street had some sort hot air cover for the pitch.

16 hours ago, something else said:

I remember travelling up to Inverurie in the cup game and getting to Dundee and thinking no way will this game be on , it went ahead that night in worse weather than than the 2 postponements previous.

Aye, it was touch and go and was almost called off at the last minute I believe.

18 hours ago, something else said:

Smashing wee day out that was...remember our bus stopping somewhere near Stirling for a 'pish stop', and the snow was as thick as I can ever remember seeing

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 29 : Aberdeen (H) 28/02/18 P:P Pitch frozen
  • Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 33 :Aberdeen (H) 03/04/18 19:45
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic