Top 6?

CoF

47 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Perhaps you're making the assumption that we wouldn't get another home game against either but it wouldn't be the first time we've had 3 fixtures at home against one team, or three away for that matter so that may not be the case, however slim.

I was making that assumption.  We play them both at home in the next few weeks and will have played both twice at home this season.   I am not saying it would not happen, but I was basing my argument that finishing top 6 would unlikely yield an extra home game v either of the old firm.  Usually one of the key reasons the club wanted a top 6 finish along with the fact of course you can finish no lower than 6th.  

I initially posted in another thread I would take a cup semi / cup final over top 6.  It would be great to have both but if I had to choose cup all the way.  We are in the Semi - hopefully we can get to another final.  

• Like 1

If Hearts lose to Hibs on Friday night we can put a bit of pressure on them.

10 points is probably right. Win on Saturday and the target then becomes 4 points from the three homes game.  If we get that then we are looking for a win at Perth in the last fixture. Difficult but not impossible.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about an actual amount of points we need but I would say we only need 1 more point than hearts get, as long as one of our victories is against St Johnstone.

if Mr Leveine can step up and get his team playing with the same level of performance that he instilled in the Scotland team we could see hearts slump their way to the end of the season. So maybe we won't need as much as 10 points ?

That game against Killie would have kept them in them in the mix if we won. Regardless this season has exceeded all expectations regardless of league position now.

If you need to recall look back at the predictions thread and see what was the general feeling in the summer.

Looking to build on things this summer and consolidate, however as someone said before, the shit show of the past 5 years looks to be over and other clubs in our league generally seem to have better management and direction.

All I can hope for is Accies and Ross County go down, they add nothing and take a lot.

Just now, weeyin said:

No way 2 teams from the Premiership go down. It's a pretty weak bunch in the Championship play-off spots this season. 

Agreed.  Although out of the three teams currently in the playoffs I think Livingston, and only Livingston could cause a shock.  

Would love to see the seethe from the crowd wanking lot of Scottish Football fans if we replaced Accies/County with Livingston 

Even if they lose to Hibs tonight, Levein has steadied the ship and they don't lose many goals or games. Much as I'd like to, I can't see them suddenly collapsing. 
They have 1 draw and 3 defeats last 4 games and were gawd awful tonight don't think they had 1 effort on target. Given our run in it is still a tough ask but not mission impossible. It is now up to what WE do.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Yes, top six has now all but gone and our target has to be retain 7th spot and that will be hard enough.  As I've written before I won't be downhearted if that ultimately proves beyond us but I'll be disappointed if we can't finish 8th, which would represent progress since last season.