Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Hamilton (A) 10/03/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Accies really need called out on the disgraceful way they treat away supporters.

What other entertainment industry would encourage you to buy a £22 ticket in advance and then:

Make you queue for 25 minutes in pissing rain watching empty cash gates with folks going straight in

Have the police and stewards give you lip when you dare suggest it might be a good idea to let folks with tickets use the cash gate. (Ridiculous amount of police there just standing about)

Outright refusal from the match commander to delay kick off to let everyone in.

Get searched before you finally get in

Piss poor catering

Third world inadequate and dangerous toilets

And if you had the misfortune to park in the covered car park and leave early to get a quick getaway you can just sit in your car while your exit is blocked by 3 stewards so while they could have let that traffic get out and away naw lets just keep them in and add to the congestion with everyone leaving at same time. Judging by the horns blaring there was a fair amount of anger.

Not even mentioned the appalling pitch.

A win or a 10 man draw just about makes it all bearable but that performance today just rubbed salt into the wounds.

Doubt I will be back, Accies do not deserve our money

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Accies really need called out on the disgraceful way they treat away supporters.

What other entertainment industry would encourage you to buy a £22 ticket in advance and then:

Make you queue for 25 minutes in pissing rain watching empty cash gates with folks going straight in

Have the police and stewards give you lip when you dare suggest it might be a good idea to let folks with tickets use the cash gate. (Ridiculous amount of police there just standing about)

Piss poor catering

And if you had the misfortune to park in the covered car park and leave early to get a quick getaway you can just sit in your car while your exit is blocked by 3 stewards so while they could have let that traffic get out and away naw lets just keep them in and add to the congestion with everyone leaving at same time. Judging by the horns blaring there was a fair amount of anger.

A win or a 10 man draw just about makes it all bearable but that performance today just rubbed salt into the wounds.

It’s for the above mentioned reasons I will never go back to Accies ground.

With similar regards to Love Street, Ibrox, Parkhead and McDiarmid Park!

Just now, Clackscat said:

Agreed. Although I wasn't there today I know exactly what you're talking about.  The way to handle this is to submit a mass petition/complaint to the Well Society. I'll happily add my name. 

44 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

And if you had the misfortune to park in the covered car park and leave early to get a quick getaway you can just sit in your car while your exit is blocked by 3 stewards so while they could have let that traffic get out and away naw lets just keep them in and add to the congestion with everyone leaving at same time. Judging by the horns blaring there was a fair amount of 

I was standing at the exit to the covered car park at FT when the car mounted the kerb, bloke got out opened the gate, moved the barrier and then the 3 stewards stood in front of his car. I genuinely thought he would run them over. To be fair not their fault - they are paid a pittance and are told what to do and as I witnessed took a constant stream of abuse.

As for standing in the pissing rain for 25 minutes having bought a ticket in advance only to watch patg punters walk up and waltz in. The club need to have a word with Accies. It was just piss poor organisation. And right on cue they eventually opened up another gate only once we had been in the Q for 15 minutes. 

Accies are not to blame for the shambles that we witnessed on the pitch. The players have for the most part done well this season and exceptionally well in the cups, but today was just woeful. Play like that in the semi final and it does not matter who wins on Tuesday night. I would be bricking it playing Gala Fairydean. 

It is hard to give pass marks to any players and a fair few played their worst this season inc Cadden who looks a shadow of the player we know he is and can be. 

I would rather have won last weekend than this but that is the only positive spin I can put on it. 

As for the pitch. What standards are the SPFL looking at or for. It is simply not fit for purpose. 

For all of the above reasons when it comes to the Superseal stadium or whatever the fuck it is called I am out. Not going back there for a while if at all....

Why do people not do something about stewards who have no power whatsoever to prevent vehicles leaving a car park? It's not the stewards fault but their bosses to blame, instructing them to carry out illegal actions. Safely drive around/past them, do not shout abuse but make it clear to them and those  stewards who do the same on Fir Park Street that they have NO legal authority to prevent your vehicle moving, only a Police officer in uniform can do so. 

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

I don't think there was much thought involved he just loves Andy Rose.

Maybe. I just struggle with the notion that we started with Main, Ciftci and Tanner at Dens but decide on this starting 11 against a weakened Accies. 

Today was a diabolical performance and once again the ref lets Accies waste as much time as they want. Then you have got the 4th official getting involved at the throw-ins. Ok Kipre may have been taking an extra yeard or two but all teams do it, even Accies and I didn;t see them getting pulled up. 

I honestly can't give pass marks to that team today but that is down to Robinson changing a system that has been working. There was no Imrie or Crawford there today so why pamper to a weakened accies.

A lot more desire and commitment is needed over the coming weeks.

What irritates me most is about today was our inability to feed our strikers decent balls. You just have to look at the chance Cadden let go a begging after getting into a decent position then played a crap ball for Main.

I too thought the change in line up after 2 wins was questionable and afforded Accies too much respect, but i wonder if the pitch influenced his thinking. I notice Frear not in squad and perhaps others had niggles .... conjecture I know... but there are a number of players in the SPL who are never picked on an artificial pitch and I think they should just not be allowed in tbe top flight.

3 hours ago, Clackscat said:

Piss poor catering

Agree with the majority of your post mate........have been to ndp a few times recently and each time ( even though I swear I,d never be back and unbeaten the few times )this will be my last short jaunt across to  south Lanarkshire 

The standard of football on their park would get football shut down.....the game is determined by how the referee interprets who is pushing the most while they try and struggle to bring a bouncing ball under control........and the constant fall down tactics of hafc are a disgrace as are the time wasting tactics

Some things that we can effect are........not feckin going there........again MFC made a massive thing about going get / yer tickets/ support the boys ........when buying the tickets I asked "will we have to si t in the relevant seat ? " yes that's what Hamilton say.......yet as stated turn up the q for pre purchased tickets is massive (nearest to morrisons) is a disgrace as ever supporter has got to frisked searched by only 3 THREE stewards at the  3 turnstiles.......why people were having a go at plod is beyond me ( again the level of policing/horses etc for a game with 3100 fans is beyond me  )is  down to HAFC to provide adequate stewarding ...we arrived at just before 2.45 and missed the first four minutes ......we had already resigned ourselves as normal it would be sit any where...(again why do  we need tickets??? )........only entertainment buisness in the world where paying punters are treated like shite

the actual game was dire ........think our manager got his tactics wron playing in to their hands.........with Main  being isolated up front and us having no width ........

A cold pie.........would not say lukewarm at half time warmed me up for the second half..not......again we were never at the races and the only actual save their keeper made( other than punching crosses) was in added on time when a cross drifted through he turned round the post

their pitch is a leveller ....levels the ability to play football.....for both side........unfortunately for us Accies manage to put the ball in the net twice

Apart from that had a good day out ! Went to mates house to watch Man U / Liverpool had a few beers .......went to game( downside) .......then a few shandies in the Tap room !

Did see the stewards preventing the cars from leaving was wondering why they were preventing cars from leaving

Accies (like Ross County) offer feck all imho to our top league and we had the chance to possibly  limit their time in the Spl and book our place in the top six ......but we failed misrably on both counts......I won't be back

Ps feel sorry for our pre match host today who only makes a few games per season ! Ptp

4 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

their pitch is a leveller ....levels the ability to play football.....for both side........unfortunately for us Accies manage to put the ball in the net twice

I agree with most of what you say but I'm not sure the pitch as much a leveller as you say.  Other teams seem to be able to compete well enough with them at NDP.  OK its a very poor pitch but other sides seem to be able to adapt and outscrap Accies whilst we can't.  We're very much a side in transition and we still haven't got the character of the side quite right never mind the footballing aspect.   

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I agree with most of what you say but I'm not sure the pitch as much a leveller as you say.  Other teams seem to be able to compete well enough with them at NDP.  OK its a very poor pitch but other sides seem to be able to adapt and outscrap Accies whilst we can't.  We're very much a side in transition and we still haven't got the character of the side quite right never mind the footballing aspect.   

You do realise  that was our first defeat there since Ian Baraclough’s last League game in charge? We’d won on 3 of our last 4 visits before today, with the draw being a game in which we played over 70 mins with 10 men. 

Hopefully yesterday will teach Robbo and Keef some valuable lessons, as they are a relatively young and inexperienced management team.  We need to cut them some slack.  The change in team formation seems to have backfired and perhaps it sent out the wrong message to the players and to Accies.  It smacked of a lack of belief or confidence that we were capable of going toe to toe with even a weakened side at NDP.  It tells me that Robbo and Keef didn't think we were good enough to match Accies, not Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibs, with a 3-5-2 line up.   That can't have done the players'confidence any good and it immediately told Martin Canning and his charges that he had a psychological advantage if we were running scared of his team.  Maybe if we'd been more adventurous and gone 3-5-2 Accies would have given us a real doing?  

Thats all food for thought.  Maybe the pitch was a factor in team selection, maybe injuries were, who knows?   What it suggests to me though is that we don't quite have the players yet to implement Robbo's preferred style of play.  We've improved our competitiveness and aggression this year but Accies taught us that we've still got a bit to go yet.  We don't have enough creativity especially in central midfield and that left Cadden as our only outball as Canning would have known.   We're not yet suited to playing the long ball, if thats required; and we need more effective height up front.  

I'm not for a minute suggesting that we rip up the team sheet in the summer and have a major overhaul but some changes are required.  We're still in the midst of a team rebuild and our final position in the league will tell us how far we've progressed.  Our excellent cup runs have to be factored in too of course, but a good season doesn't just mean an appearance at Hampden it also means not being outfought, outbattled and outplayed by a badly weakened, and not overly great, Accies side.   

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm not for a minute suggesting that we rip up the team sheet in the summer and have a major overhaul but some changes are required.  We're still in the midst of a team rebuild and our final position in the league will tell us how far we've progressed.  Our excellent cup runs have to be factored in too of course, but a good season doesn't just mean an appearance at Hampden it also means not being outfought, outbattled and outplayed by a badly weakened, and not overly great, Accies side.   

I've been critical of the performance and the team selection myself but I can't honestly say that any of those three things happened yesterday. 

Despite being far from our best we never at any time being outplayed.  They scored from a break of the ball after a scramble in the box and a cock-up in midfield that allowed a free run in on goal.  They had considerably less possession. Our keeper did not have a save to make.

It was indeed a very poor  performance lacking in creativity, imagination and threat.  Outfought, outbattled and outplayed however we were not.

3 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I've been critical of the performance and the team selection myself but I can't honestly say that any of those three things happened yesterday. 

Despite being far from our best we never at any time being outplayed.  They scored from a break of the ball after a scramble in the box and a cock-up in midfield that allowed a free run in on goal.  They had considerably less possession. Our keeper did not have a save to make.

It was indeed a very poor  performance lacking in creativity, imagination and threat.  Outfought, outbattled and outplayed however we were not.

Ok Andy I'll accept that ...I was just going by some of the comments I've read in social media.

It's worth remember that in recent times we've had seasons that were full of performances like that. The fact that it was so notably out of character says to me that we are doing alright this season. In the context of where we were in the summer then I'll take it for now. 

A bad day. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

I agree completely Andy.  However that itself is a concern. We lost the game so easily without being outfought, outbattled or outplayed. 

Which means a large reason behind it was tactical for me. 

21 hours ago, Clackscat said:

What an effing joke .. ticket holders massive queue..... cash gate empty and its pissin down

The reason all our fans were searched , pissing everyone off,  is our fans pre disposition for taking flares into games. maybe if they didnt we wouldnt all get fucked off being held up in the pissin rain. Admittedly Police failed misserably  in their mission to stop it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Quite. Partick are 10 points behind us in 11th. Goal difference is 16 worse than ours so call it 11 points.  They would need to win 4 games out of 9 remaining. So far they've won 6 out of 29. And those four wins would only be enough if we fail to pick up more than a single point. We were poor today but we'll win at least one more league game this season. 

On another matter, Ciftci was poor again today. Still running like he's towing a caravan. Others were as poor but at least seemed to have the energy to get about. I agree Tanner up front didn't work, but I'd have dropped Ciftci anyway, for Bowman rather than Rose...

As much as I agree I dont think we will be in bother never say never ... 15 points ahead of Dunfermline in January and missed getting relegated by a baw hair.  Remember Ross County well adrift at bottom then going on the most incredible run ever and we were still flapping in last 5 games. So as much as I dont think we are in any bother you can never say team a) or team b) wont win x number of games before end of season.

12 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

The pitch doesnt explain how they can pump us 5-1 , 4-1 and 3-1 at Fir Park in recent times. Our record against Accies is always patchy.  I tend to think the team think if the put 30 balls into the opponents area thats a sign of pressing the opposition. However our delivery from crosses , free kicks and corners is utterly pathetic. Floaty piss poor efforts that are either over hit or put right into the keepers gloves. Accies defence never broke sweat all day. Cadden and Tanner couldnae put a cross on a ballot paper the day. McHugh always too casual and thinks he has an hour to make his decsisions.

16 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

The reason all our fans were searched , pissing everyone off,  is our fans pre disposition for taking flares into games. maybe if they didnt we wouldnt all get fucked off being held up in the pissin rain. Admittedly Police failed misserably  in their mission to stop it.

The "pat down" search by the stewards is an absolute waste of time.......you could smuggle in a firework display with their feeble efforts

you have to consent to the stewards  search.........and if you refuse  you could be refused entry under ground regulations..........police have no power to search you........they are standing by in case the stewards find any thing that breach the law and they take over

as you say the constant use of pyro's by our fans was the reason why..........but surely there should have been more than 3 stewards going through the motions to speed things up 

13 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

The "pat down" search by the stewards is an absolute waste of time.......you could smuggle in a firework display with their feeble efforts

you have to consent to the stewards  search.........and if you refuse  you could be refused entry under ground regulations..........police have no power to search you........they are standing by in case the stewards find any thing that breach the law and they take over

as you say the constant use of pyro's by our fans was the reason why..........but surely there should have been more than 3 stewards going through the motions to speed things up 

Thats my biggest bug bear the pat down would have been ordered by the police and was being done by 1 man and a dug. The police waited until the queue was virtually round the stand before they had more folk doing the checks. Our fans create the reason and the police made the activity so mind numbingly slow.

Senior Plod said the reason for the  searches was that there had been " a wee bit of bother at the train station". The guy who was complaining at the time was also told he wouldn't be searched as it was only the young team who were being frisked. Still doesn't excuse the shambles that happen s every time we go to Hamilton. Something needs to be done about it.

21 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Still waiting to see us win a league match since the last trip to Hamilton back in October.

We were atrocious today.  We have very little creativity in the team so when one or two players have an off day we are struggling badly to get goals.  Tanner had a stinker and with every week that goes past Chris Cadden looks more and more ordinary.  He was dreadful today and should have been hooked. There is no width in the team at all.   I don't think Frear is a world beater by any means but we were crying out for him today.

Playing one up front was madness from the start but Ciftci has been a dud and the team selection basically spelt that out today.   If we had a half decent striker to play along side Main they probably would have started.

How many times did we give the ball away? Often in important areas which is how Accies got their second goal.

Cup games apart I'm afraid our league campaign has been pretty brutal since October.   Four tough matches coming up and our players will need to step up their game because defeats in these matches will see the teams below us close the gap before going into the bottom 6 split.  I don't think we will be relegated but it still has to potential to get uncomfortable.

'Only' 3 wins will definitely keep us up but it's taken us 16 matches to get the last 3 wins and in one of them we had 1 shot at goal.

Big improvements needed.

Yer still a jinx man , stay away the next four games . Pleezz.    Shit  park,shit weather,shit team tactics, shit day all round. Their music is better than ours tho.