Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Hamilton (A) 10/03/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

6 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Some people on here really have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Accies. We're an average Scottish Premiership side that lose as much as we win yet people are convinced we have a divine right to beat Hamilton every time we play them.

We are a bigger club than Hamilton, much better stadium, a better pitch, better fans, and have always been a better team so yes we should be beating them every time we play them.

13 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Some people on here really have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Accies. We're an average Scottish Premiership side that lose as much as we win yet people are convinced we have a divine right to beat Hamilton every time we play them.

If I told you we were going to face Accies and they'd have sold a midfielder to Rangers and that Imrie, Crawford and MacKinnon were going to be unavailable, I guarantee that you would also expect us to win. 

Bottom line is that we were poor in both boxes yesterday (we seemed to panic at every Accies set piece). Our attacking seemed 'tentative' for want of a better word. Haggis suggested that their pitch is in our heads. I was starting to think that at the game yesterday but I suspect that it may be that whenever we play poorly there, we as fans emphasise the importance of the pitch.  And it is dreadful, make no mistake...

34 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

We are a bigger club than Hamilton, much better stadium, a better pitch, better fans, and have always been a better team so yes we should be beating them every time we play them.

Pretty much the best thing about football is that teams regularly beat other teams that they "shouldn't".

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Everything you've said applies equally to Partick Thistle, St Johnstone and Ross County but none of us expect to roll up and beat them all 4 times a season.

Accies aren't some junior mob that won a raffle, they've spent the majority of the last decade in the top flight because, believe it or not, they're a Premiership club with Premiership players.  I'm not excusing yesterday's performance, just saying it's an away loss to another bottom half side, not some sort of Albion Rovers or Stjarnan-esque debacle.

• Like 1

I must admit, for the first time I was scratching my head with Robinson. On one hand his post match interview in isolation covered a lot of valid points. Second to every 50-50, weren't doing the basics well and the key one for me .... believed our own hype, we'd just turn up and breeze it.

However when you combine with how we lined up and our tactics then you have to ask why there is a disconnect between one and the other.

You cant show up with 1 up front against our misfiring neighbours on one hand and have in built arrogance you're going to walk away with 3 points on the other.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

You cant show up with 1 up front against our misfiring neighbours on one hand and have in built arrogance you're going to walk away with 3 points on the other.

Absolutely.  If you play one up front it either suggests you have very few strikers available, which wasn't the case, or you aren't confident of matching the opposition ie you think the opposition is better than you are.. 

Accies didn’t play a lot of football, but the reason they won so many second balls was they worked a bit harder.

They got a bit of luck with the goals, 2 chances and they took them.

Going in front reasonably early suited them down to the ground, they just sat in and we couldn’t break them down.

I do sometimes get frustrated with our obsession with getting balls into the box, there were several occasions there was an option to play through the middle, but we worked it wide to get another poor cross in and give away possession. We need to mix it up a bit, we have guys like tanner who can play through the middle, not just the hoofs up the middle we got late in the game.

• Like 1