Stevie Woods

Yodo

So in my opinion the worst keeper in the history of MFC has just landed the gig of being Scotlands goalkeeping coach ,just goes to show it's not what you know but who . Honestly Scotland would have better appointing "Smiddy " as the coach knows more about goalkeeping than Woods and let's be thankful Trevor is Irish and Woods won't get anywhere near him 

Not comparing the quality of coach, but Phil Jackson for example...was never even a starting pick as a player in the NBA, went on to win 11 titles as a coach and oversee probably the best side the NBA has, or will ever see, Vince Lombardi, never even played professionally as he failed at semi-pro level American Football, but went on to be one most influential coaches in sporting history, let alone the NFL.

Again not comparing Woods to either of them, but coaching and playing have very little to do with each other.

You've got to wonder how much difference a goalie coach can make anyway. There are no tactics involved and you can have two very different goalies (eg Randolph and Hollis or Forster and Gordon) coached by the same coach.

If it's worth having a coach just for positioning saves, catches and kicking is it worth having a coach for passing? We definitely have a few players who could surely improve their basic skills.

3 hours ago, Al B said:

Not comparing the quality of coach, but Phil Jackson for example...was never even a starting pick as a player in the NBA, went on to win 11 titles as a coach and oversee probably the best side the NBA has, or will ever see, Vince Lombardi, never even played professionally as he failed at semi-pro level American Football, but went on to be one most influential coaches in sporting history, let alone the NFL.

Again not comparing Woods to either of them, but coaching and playing have very little to do with each other.

American sports tend to follow a coaching tree though, successful coaches seem to breed successful coaches. 

10 hours ago, Yodo said:

So in my opinion the worst keeper in the history of MFC has just landed the gig of being Scotlands goalkeeping coach ,just goes to show it's not what you know but who . Honestly Scotland would have better appointing "Smiddy " as the coach knows more about goalkeeping than Woods and let's be thankful Trevor is Irish and Woods won't get anywhere near him 

oooofff  when do I start ???????? :woop::woop:

11 hours ago, Yodo said:

How good a keeper was our current coach? Had you ever heard of him?

21 hours ago, Yodo said:

So, based on that logic, Gazza should be the next England manager?

On 07/03/2018 at 10:24 AM, Yodo said:

giphy.gif

Yes and I’ve seen Andy Gardner, Mikko Kaven, Craig Samson and Gordon Marshall have a mare in a cup final.

None of the associated attributes and failings of those players are an indicator of their skills as goalkeeper coaches. Of those names, 3 of them have worked consistently as professional coaches to professional players. Who’s to say Samson won’t go on to be an excellent coach.

You've not read the original post correctly I said " in my opinion  "  I stick by what I said it's everybody else's opinion what makes a coach and if they have come to the conclusion Woods is a great coach then I respect that don't get it but I respect the opinion . 

41 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Just put your hands up, and admit you are completely wrong in how you have come to your conclusion

Conclusion about what ? I have seen him play and thought he was murder end off 

• Haha 1

Conclusion about what ? I have seen him play and thought he was murder end off 

Your conclusion about him as a coach based on his playing ability.....nobody is denying he was murder as a player the issue here is whether he is any good as a coach, and knowledgable and experienced folks in football like the Celtic management team obviously think he is.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk