Stevie Woods

Yodo

28 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Conclusion about what ? I have seen him play and thought he was murder end off 

You should have started a thread about his playing ability, then, instead of one about his coaching ability. 

Although, he'd struggle to make the top 5 worst keepers I have seen play for us. 

He's obviously a well respected and successful coach. You should be happy an ex-player has done so well for himself instead of giving us more material to laugh at your poor trolling efforts. 

There's a huge difference between being a good player and a good coach.  Similarly the brightest students rarely go in for school teaching.   The best school teacher I ever had, was not the brightest  (by his own admission) but he certainly knew how to teach kids and impart his knowledge.  

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

You should have started a thread about his playing ability, then, instead of one about his coaching ability. 

Although, he'd struggle to make the top 5 worst keepers I have seen play for us. 

He's obviously a well respected and successful coach. You should be happy an ex-player has done so well for himself instead of giving us more material to laugh at your poor trolling efforts. 

Read it again I said the worst keeper I have seen is that not his playing ability but again Weeyin your always right  of course you are 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

You've not read the original post correctly I said " in my opinion  "  I stick by what I said it's everybody else's opinion what makes a coach and if they have come to the conclusion Woods is a great coach then I respect that don't get it but I respect the opinion . 

I respect your opinion. 

It's just nonsense. In my opinion. Plenty of shite players have made great coaches and vice versa. 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Conclusion about what ? I have seen him play and thought he was murder end off 

Exactly....we've all seen him play in goals, he was fucking shite. That has absolutely heehaw to do with his coaching ability as has already been pointed out to you.

Just admit you were wrong and we can draw a line under it

I think it was more a case of Goram being extremely inconsistent by the time he was with us. There were still moments of unbelievable goalkeeping there, he was just old and fat(ter), and had to wear more knee supports than he had knees just to keep his legs attached.

Preston North End has always been my English team and I lived there in the 90's so I had the pleasure of seeing Stevie Woods being crap for both the clubs I support in that decade.  He was signed by McLeish for Motherwell on the strength of having a stormer in a cup game for Clydebank against Aberdeen.  McLeish is the worst judge of a player in the history of football management so it's no surprise that this also now extends to coaches.

Preston North End has always been my English team and I lived there in the 90's so I had the pleasure of seeing Stevie Woods being crap for both the clubs I support in that decade.  He was signed by McLeish for Motherwell on the strength of having a stormer in a cup game for Clydebank against Aberdeen.  McLeish is the worst judge of a player in the history of football management so it's no surprise that this also now extends to coaches.
Remember that game, it was on tv..he certainly did have one of those games that all goallies occassionally have

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Yodo said:

Read it again I said the worst keeper I have seen is that not his playing ability but again Weeyin your always right  of course you are 

Here's what you said (it's the first thing you posted in the thread  you started).

just goes to show it's not what you know but who . Honestly Scotland would have better appointing "Smiddy " as the coach knows more about goalkeeping than Woods and let's be thankful Trevor is Irish and Woods won't get anywhere near him

Pretty clear you kicked off this thread to slag off his coaching ability.

Oh, and two words for you: John Gardiner.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Did he not keep Goram out the team for a while, maybe he was injured, don’t remember 

Goram had a poor run at one point and Woods was given a chance, only for him to repeat that Gordon Durie Scottish Cup moment by blasting the ball under no pressure off an opposition striker which cost the side. Woods done very well to last 9 years at Fir Park, i think the 1994/95 and 2002/03 season he was first choice only to lose his place Howie wnd Dubourdeau respectively. 1997/98 was the only season he played almost every game. The sad fact with keepers is that people will remember the mistakes more that the saves they make, i think the Durie incident was the first time I was ever pissed off at a Motherwell player.

He had some major blunders but he couldn't have been that bad to have lasted so long and I remember fairly regular 'Woods Woods' chants when he made a save.

As for his coaching skills, I have no idea but people who know a lot more about football than I do have chosen to employ him.