Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15

Yabba's Turd

A last minute dodgy penalty would be perfect against arrogant FC. A manager that can't breathe as he is so far up his own a**e and a captain who couldn't lace the boots of previous legends with Celtic.  I have no time for old firm but this current Sellik team really bug me. Gutted about tanner but a chance now for bigi in my opinion.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lukemfc1 said:

That combination has won us numerous big games, namely in the League Cup run.

I agree that we should have been more offensive on Saturday however Celtic are a different proposition. An extra man in the middle is necessary IMO.

Tanner doesn't have the legs to press in the manner we need to on Sunday. To me, we need to get back to playing the way we did earlier in the season. I like Tanner but he is limited and could be a bit of passenger in a game like this.

Our discussion is irrelevant now I suppose. We're about 99% certain to start those three now.

The thought struck me as we began to look ahead to this game if the Accies line-up was not some kind of preparation of sorts for the game against Celtic this weekend, given that we knew Cifti would be unavailable.   Would it be that implausible there might have been the thought amongst the coaching staff that we could take care of a depleted Hamilton whilst seeing how Main might perform leading the line on his own? 

I suspect not in truth but it would go someway to explain the single forward choice and the seeming unnecessary delay in bringing on further support for Main when It was obvious to all sundry it just wasn't working last Saturday.

Like most I think the team pretty much picks itself for Sunday.  I hope to see a reaction to the Accies disappointment and that, what surely will be a feeling of unfinished business against Celtic, is channeled in the right manner. It almost feels like a free hit giving that were almost safe and almost certainly bottom six. Either way there's little pressure or expectation on us so just get fucked in about them really.  

I think it's more along the lines of Robinson buying into his own theory that the only way you can play at Accies is to put his 11 best hammer throwers and try to keep the ball off the deck whenever possible. Winning at Accies was far more important than taking points off Celtic, so I doubt that was the plan.

It feels like he has let that Accies pitch and team get into his head a bit too much.

Ye if we win I hope we don't celebrate as this is something that Sellik never do. I mean when would you ever seen Broon celebrating at Ibrox wearing a pair of shades............hang on

Very good point grizzly...the hypocrisy they get away with his mindblowing from Brenda's 'I don't comment on other clubs' but criticising the Hearts board, Bowman, our man flo. Rangers, and St J players to name a few, and Brown criticising others celebrations then doin his thing at Ibrox.

Ain't actually got much of an issue with that in itself its just the hypocrisy of it that our compliant press choose not to pick up on.

Severely lacking in class. I really can't stand them.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I used to like Rodgers but as with O'Neill and Strachan when they become Sellik manager they turn into a clown to appease to the fans. He loves commenting on everyone else but hates it when someone dares criticise his team.  Hope we beat them on Sunday but I know it is a big ask

15 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I used to like Rodgers but as with O'Neill and Strachan when they become Sellik manager they turn into a clown

Not to mention Davie Hay.  A very chatty and entertaining guy when he was our manager, and 6 months at Celtic turned him into a miserable, moaning git.  A few years later, when he was on with Tam Cowan, he was laid back and entertaining again, talking about his time at Motherwell.

The entire Old Firm environment is just toxic.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:49 AM, Lobey_Dosser said:

Celtic have been under par for much of this season but have some of their best players returning from injury. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Armstrong (who loves playing against us) and Roberts make their first start in a while.

As much as I don’t enjoy our hoof ball this is the type of game it can pay dividends. The less time the ball spends in midfield the better and as Steelboy suggests, their defence is to be got at. Boyata and Ajer shouldn’t enjoy playing against Main and Bowman. 

With the semi on the horizon, it’s important to get a couple of confidence building results beforehand. Point here would be excellent. Maybe more if Celtic show any hint of complacency after the Ibrox win. 

Tom Rogic is a guy that always seems to score against us and he's recently returned (and scored a screamer).

To be honest I don't see the hoofball causing Celtic much problems.  Boyata is a player who is better in the air than he is on the deck and we just don't have the movement up front.  When Accies and Kilmarnock have defended against it I don't see Celtic being worried about it.

To beat Celtic you have to be comfortable on the ball and give away as little possession as possible and we just aren't that sort of team. 

The last four matches Celtic have dropped points they have failed to score yet they have scored in 34 out of the last 35 trips to Fir Park so draw your own conclusions from that.

Just can't see us getting anything out of this one but you live in hope , every so often you get a surprise in these games and its very difficult to predict when it will be, could be tomorrow but probably won't be.

53 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Kilmarnock beat them with 31% possession.

We had 49% the last time we played them at Fir Park.

49% of possession is pretty good.

Contrast with previous defeats which were 30% and 31% possession.

If we have close to 50% possession tomorrow we might actually have a chance.

Agree with the posts about Brenda and Broon being hypocrites. Can’t stand either of them. It’s the Celtic way though.

Anyway.....results pretty much went our way today (assuming we’ve given up on the top 6?) so would bite your hand off for a point tomorrow.

Sadly can’t see past a convincing away win.

No chance tomorrow sadly - but hope u all ram this down my throat tomorrow night. 
Tend to agree mate but then I always think back to skippy sunday when a team of crocks held together with sticking plaster and Gerry Briton playing and kids on the bench, on i think a 5 game losing streak, managed to defeat them so hope springs eternal!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15