Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15

Yabba's Turd

1 minute ago, Clackscat said:

All tv pundits are agreeing wasn't a red card...thomson clearly makes a stamping motion to explain his decision....it clearly wasnt a stamp.

IMO that's because it was guesswork.

As I said in previous post, I don't think he was focussed on the incident, he follows the ball.

2 minutes ago, ECOSSE1991 said:

Is it true that the 5 red cards we've had this season have all been issued by Thompson?

Yip, absolutely disgrace of a referee. Shouldn't be welcome anywhere near Fir Park. I'm guessing we'll appeal that Red and it'll be rescinded.

Whatever some of you say on this thread, this was not a red card. I missed the game and had to watch it on TV and everyone to a man agreed it wasn't a red. Andy Walker deemed Brown was pathetic and Stubbs and Mcinnes said it was injustice. Even Brenda after the game indicated it wasn't a red.

Fantastic effort from the players today, incredible!!

1 minute ago, BettySwallocks said:

And did you see him trying the same tactic in the last couple of minutes just after Taits block? Exact same scenario, running to the corner of the box and goes down as if he has been shot. 

Was going to highlight this as well.

Down as if he'd been shot.

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

IMO that's because it was guesswork.

As I said in previous post, I don't think he was focussed on the incident, he follows the ball.

100% correct. The replay shows that he wasn’t even looking in the direction of the ‘challenge’. 

Also his customary wee laugh as he dishes out the card. I wouldn’t trust him to referee a subuteo game. 

Excellent first half performance, the difference playing a winger makes to our play is enormous.  Thought we were the better team and had better chances to score, 3-1, for me, so a clear lead on goal opportunities.

Obviously the Kipre incident changed the match.  Honestly, I thought it was a red card at the time but I've since seen footage that makes it look like like it wasn't so it will be interesting to see better quality footage but I suppose that just shows you how hard the referee's job is, although to be fair he was a bit closer to the action than I was.

Second half we've defended really well with players like Curtis Main absolutely knocking their pan in.  Don't want to take anything away from the performance but I did think Celtic were pretty poor in the 2nd half.  Still to see Dembele have a good game against us and guys like Sinclair and Armstrong are a shadows of the players they were last season.  And ain't McHugh glad of the former!

Definitely  deserved the point and anything less would have been an injustice.  No failures in the team today, good point, good performance.

1 minute ago, BettySwallocks said:

100% correct. The replay shows that he wasn’t even looking in the direction of the ‘challenge’. 

Also his customary wee laugh as he dishes out the card. I wouldn’t trust him to referee a subuteo game. 

He will be  the referee in the cup final... his last game.

3 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

I thought the team as whole played well, with one exception. Carl McHugh is trying, but he doesn't think quickly enough, and then rushes passes to the opposition. I would give the guy a rest in next game, as he won't be in the one after that.

When I said there where no failures in the team today I was giving Carl McHugh the benefit of the doubt. 

I don't post a lot and I normally have respect for Weeyin but that is the third game I have paid to see Craig Thomson ruin my day and affect my team's result. It should be pointed out that he was demoted to the lower leagues after his mishandling of the St Johnstone game when he wrongly sent off 3 Motherwell players but was then awarded the Cup Final! Today he sent off Cedric for the second time because he 'thought' he retaliated? The man is incompetent and yet he is allowed to make decisions which affect results. This red card will be appealed and rescinded but once again too late for the paying fan.

Well done to the team for their performance before and after the sending off and to our Manager for his tactics and discretion. COYW

Blessed Brenda , tactical genius with multi million pound talent at his disposal can't beat 10 men even with the help of the match officials but had a swipe at the  Rainjurs  last week for not beating them.

Honesty and integrity don't make me laugh. Couldn't admit it was never a sending off even said he thought it was a free kick to Celtic. Fracas in tunnel at HT he didn't see or hear anything. He thought they played well on a difficult day with the weather and the park !!!!! Best surface in the league Brenda.

Robinson as usual did our wee club proud. Felt both players could have been booked and nobody would complain. Said fans were short changed by the sending off and pointed out the Same ref has now issued 5 red cards against Motherwell this season. If this clown is awarded the cup final and we are in it we should immediately complain

Anyway great display from the boys today.

I don't post a lot and I normally have respect for Weeyin but that is the third game I have paid to see Craig Thomson ruin my day and affect my team's result. It should be pointed out that he was demoted to the lower leagues after his mishandling of the St Johnstone game when he wrongly sent off 3 Motherwell players but was then awarded the Cup Final! Today he sent off Cedric for the second time because he 'thought' he retaliated? The man is incompetent and yet he is allowed to make decisions which affect results. This red card will be appealed and rescinded but once again too late for the paying fan.
Well done to the team for their performance before and after the sending off and to our Manager for his tactics and discretion. COYW

Excellent post and totally agree.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Blessed Brenda , tactical genius with multi million pound talent at his disposal can't beat 10 men even with the help of the match officials but had a swipe at the  Rainjurs  last week for not beating them.

Honesty and integrity don't make me laugh. Couldn't admit it was never a sending off even said he thought it was a free kick to Celtic. Fracas in tunnel at HT he didn't see or hear anything. He thought they played well on a difficult day with the weather and the park !!!!! Best surface in the league Brenda.

Robinson as usual did our wee club proud. Felt both players could have been booked and nobody would complain. Said fans were short changed by the sending off and pointed out the Same ref has now issued 5 red cards against Motherwell this season. If this clown is awarded the cup final and we are in it we should immediately complain

Anyway great display from the boys today.

He sold his soul the day he joined celtic.  Not an ounce of integrity in him.  Had a laugh to myself when he said he was pleased with how his team adjusted to playing against 10 men, as if that was a feat in itself!  

1 hour ago, stuwell said:

What’s the point of a fourth official if he says nothing? Incident was right in front of him and yet he didn’t get involved! 

With Thomson so quick to dish out the red card despite not even seeing it, I actually thought it may have been the 4th official who called it! 

1 hour ago, stuwell said:

What’s the point of a fourth official if he says nothing? Incident was right in front of him and yet he didn’t get involved! 

If the replay shows the referee not looking at the incident it may have been the 4th official who brought it to his attention.

edit: as has been said above

Another game completely spoiled by Thomson.

I thought we were playing well up both wings before Kipre's sending off.  Main's chest-down to Ryan Bowman in the first half  would have resulted in a goal if Ryan had put it either side of Bain.

Every man a hero today but special mentions to Carson for his last-minute save and Curtis for giving Celtic's defence a tough time: he was a great out-ball and ran his guts out.

Brendan continues to show himself up in the PM interviews: bizarre comment about the pitch and the usual sly attack on one of our players. His mention of Main's "physicality" was a nice little seed banked for the next game with them. And Celtic played so well adjusting to playing 10 men: unbelievable!

Brown is a strutting buffoon who dishes it out but whines when he is tackled hard. 

Absolutely no respect for either of them.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15