Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15

Yabba's Turd

We must appeal the red card. Thomson indicates that he saw stamp which clearly did not happen so he has got it wrong.  But will he be man enough to admit it?

As for the game it was a great performance up until the red card. We got right into them and did not give them a minute on the ball.  I have to admit that in the second half I thought it would be inevitable that they would score.  Brilliant performances from all with special mention to Carson,  Aldred (Peter who?) Tait what an engine and a big boo to whoever edited the club website highlights for missing his amazing tackle on Sinclair at the end. Alan Campbell what a boy and Main ran and chased all second half. Ryan Bowman did a great job at right midfield to help Cadden out as Celtic  concentrated their attacks on that side. 

Brown got away with backing into Main and sandwiching him between himself and the centre half until about the fifth time when Thomson finally gave a foul. 

Scott Sinclair is a little rat faced twat who is actually not very good.  Two blatant dives.  His tactic seemed to be to run with the ball until he was in the box land then fall down.

It is nice to see that we have brought in safe standing in the South Stand and the wing of the O'Donnell. 

The one consolation of being in the bottom six is that we will not play that vile horrible club again in the league. 

After repeatedly watching the incident on TV footage, i'm amazed at anyone jumping to the referees defence...even that uber-cunt Rodgers was almost embarrassed for his captain, almost.

I hear that its £500 to put an appeal in...it'll be money well spent to highlight what Brown and Thompson are; a pair of cheating bastards.

9 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

After repeatedly watching the incident on TV footage, i'm amazed at anyone jumping to the referees defence...even that uber-cunt Rodgers was almost embarrassed for his captain, almost.

I hear that its £500 to put an appeal in...it'll be money well spent to highlight what Brown and Thompson are; a pair of cheating bastards.

Just watched the highlights myself and totally agree , I am not sure it was even a yellow card never mind a straight red.  And as for the penalty appeal for Main , it was a stonewaller,  if that had happened at the other end at that point in the game would Celtic have got the award, ? With that useless cheating bastard Thompson in charge we all know what the answer would  be.

I

3 hours ago, ropy said:

I am glad Hendrie got a chance to contribute, not convinced we will see much of him but he did a job.

I kinda got the fear when he came on but thought he played well.

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

It's £1000 for an unsuccessful appeal. That figure was mention when Scott McDonald was sent off at Fir Park against Rangers last year.

I'd stick in 20 quid if an online fund collection to contribute to the cost was available.

28 minutes ago, Last post by: said:

It's £1000 for an unsuccessful appeal. That figure was mention when Scott McDonald was sent off at Fir Park against Rangers last year.

I'd stick in 20 quid if an online fund collection to contribute to the cost was available.

I'd rather crowd-fund a 'hitman'.

• Haha 5

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/03/19/club-to-appeal-cedric-kipre-red-card/

Club to appeal Cédric Kipré red card

Monday, March 19, 2018

Club to appeal Cédric Kipré red card

Motherwell Football Club have lodged an appeal against the red card shown to Cédric Kipré in Sunday’s fixture with Celtic.

The French defender was dismissed for violent conduct by referee Craig Thomson in the 41st minute of the Ladbrokes Premiership match.

The club believes this is a case of wrongful dismissal and, having submitted a Player Reference to the Scottish FA on behalf of the player, the matter will now go to a fast track tribunal.

The principal hearing will take place on Thursday, 22 March 2018.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope we do appeal the Red card but even if it's successful, and by implication an admission that Thompson got it wrong nothing will happen. The cosy wee clique that is the SFA will do feck all and we will have to suffer piss poor refereeing week in week out, these refs are being paid good money for doing a bad job, in the knowledge that they are basically untouchable and accountable to nobody, well maybe St Brendan . The whole system is rotten to the core.

45 minutes ago, Last post by: said:

Burrows says on Twitter that it’s now been reduced to £500 to appeal a red card and this is refunded if successful. 

20 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I hope we do appeal the Red card but even if it's successful, and by implication an admission that Thompson got it wrong nothing will happen. The cosy wee clique that is the SFA will do feck all and we will have to suffer piss poor refereeing week in week out, these refs are being paid good money for doing a bad job, in the knowledge that they are basically untouchable and accountable to nobody, well maybe St Brendan . The whole system is rotten to the core.

They're accountable in as much as they can be dropped down to lower league games. The problem is that unless there are better refs to replace them, we end up with even worse.

It's not like there are world class officials waiting in the wings,  being blocked by the SFA. 

Would anyone on here be surprised if it was not overturned. 

Despite every pundit and the Aberdeen Manager saying it was not a red. 

He is an arse of a referee and I called another red when I saw he was the Ref. 5 red cards this season and all to Motherwell players. Only 1 of them correct imho. Something not quite right there. 

As for the performance yesterday. To a man the team were excellent. Maybe McHugh had a slightly off day. Takes far too long on the ball at times and he could easily have another yellow card.  I like him but his goal v Hearts has papered over a few poorish performances of late. 

The goalie and defence were just awesome. I came away feeling really pleased and proud to support Motherwell but those players in particular. Credit goes to Robinson & Las for giving them the platform and encouragement to perform like that. 

Really looking forward to the Cup semi final. 

Problem with appeals is that you have to prove that the referee's decision was definitely incorrect. And often that requires the ref to review the incident and agree he got it wrong.

If there is any room for an interpretation that favours the ref, the appeal will fail - and the panel will always be looking to back the ref if they can.

Would have taken a point before the game, but the red card incident didn't half make my blood boil, both in Brown's part and Thomson's. Admittedly, I saw Kipre flick his leg at the game and that led me to believe it was a red card, however, it's not till you see how Brown reacted that is totally laughable. If you think back to incident involving him and Neymar, it makes him an absolutely massive hypocrite. I doubt we'll get an appeal if I'm honest, but I'm glad we are putting one in specifically to keep the incident highlighted in the media - especially with Brown being the instigator and going unpunished.

As for the game itself, very impressed. I thought McHugh was too lackadaisical in possession and his passing was poor, but it was the first poor game I've seen him have in a while (missed the Accies game) and I'm not a subscriber to the intense stick he gets on here at times. I think there is still a bit of an argument for him being better at centre back than he is at centre midfield and if we want to keep our 3 at the back shape, I guess we might see him play there when Kipre is suspended (assuming he doesn't win his appeal). On one hand, this would allow us a seamless transition to bring Kipre in for McHugh whilst he is banned for the semi. On the flip side to that though, with Rose and Grimshaw currently injured (and no clear idea of how long for) that may mean we rely on Bigirimana to come in, having not played much football. As much as I rate him highly, it would represent a change in style.

Campbell, Tait, Main and Carson were the standouts for me, but the main thing to takeaway was with how well drilled and organised we were when we were down to 10 men.  Other than Carson, I believe the emphasis on the team is enough that we could get by without just about any of our players, that is encouraging to see. I said on another thread that I didn't think Tait was quite international class, as much as I thought he has been brilliant for us, but performances like yesterday make me think I'm perhaps being a bit harsh.

On a side note, I heard one of the most ironic shouts at the football ever as someone behind me roared "You've nae confidence Frear". I actually thought Frear had a good game and as much as there was obvious room for improvement on his final ball, I feel when he plays he always gets us into a lot dangerous positions down the left.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15