Bottom six fixtures

Pettywulliegrew-2

Whoever finishes 11th will win the play-off.  There's nobody in the Championship play-offs spots that looks anywhere near good enough to come through that.
Don't fall into the trap championship teams have done and under estimate Livi. Incredible job being done there.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Don't fall into the trap championship teams have done and under estimate Livi. Incredible job being done there.

I'm not underestimating anybody. The entire play-off system is designed to massively favour the Premiership team. From the rapid succession of games for the Championship team to qualify (while 11th place gets a nice rest), to playing a 2-leg final with the 2nd leg at the ground of the Premiership side. 

If it was a one-off game in a neutral venue with 2nd place Championship automatically playing 11th place Premiership - no qualification rounds - the Championship team would have a much better chance.

I'm not underestimating anybody. The entire play-off system is designed to massively favour the Premiership team. From the rapid succession of games for the Championship team to qualify (while 11th place gets a nice rest), to playing a 2-leg final with the 2nd leg at the ground of the Premiership side. 
If it was a one-off game in a neutral venue with 2nd place Championship automatically playing 11th place Premiership - no qualification rounds - the Championship team would have a much better chance.

Agreed the odds are stacked against but I just have a hunch this time that 11th will go down, and especially if they finish 2nd Livi will have a good chance. Time will tell but you are right at the very least the play off final should be one game at a neutral venue.

I dont get this always favours premiership team as championship play 36 games so if 2nd you play a 2 leg game while premiership team plays remaining league games both league and play off semi finish same weekend and both will have played 38 games so what’s the problem .If you are 3rd or 4th yes it’s harder but do you deserve an advantage if not able to get into top 2,

1 hour ago, wellowell said:

I dont get this always favours premiership team as championship play 36 games so if 2nd you play a 2 leg game while premiership team plays remaining league games both league and play off semi finish same weekend and both will have played 38 games so what’s the problem .If you are 3rd or 4th yes it’s harder but do you deserve an advantage if not able to get into top 2,

Even if the only advantage was the 2nd leg at home in a 2-leg final, that is huge. The other advantages are just gravy. 

Would love to see  our neighbours and Ross county disappear............got a feeling they both will survive and the jags will go down in the automatic relegation spot

The Pars or Morton via the play offs

the Dundee Utd situation gives me the fear.........reminds me of our initial Spl relegation in 1979

How long does it take for these fixtures to be released?!?! 

I believe the criteria for deciding the post split fixtures is

1) Are Rangers and Celtic happy?

2) Fuck everyone else.

3) See point 1.

Its an absolutely ridiculous set of affairs where 2 clubs are appeased and pandered to continually.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, milo said:

2) Fuck everyone else.

3) See point 1.

Its an absolutely ridiculous set of affairs where 2 clubs are appeased and pandered to continually.

It's nothing new. The old firm never play each other on the opening day so obviously its not a fair system.

Other clubs should grow a set and call the governing bodies out on this. 

35 minutes ago, milo said:

2) Fuck everyone else.

3) See point 1.

These days it's not about Rangers and Celtic as much as it's about the broadcasters wanting to get as much value from their coverage of the OF.

Our club (who wanted Rangers to stay in the top flight you might recall) has been as complicit as all the others in creating this situation.  We have fully backed the league structure, the TV deals, the uneven split of prize money and the voting rules - not to mention supporting guys like Reagan and Doncaster.

• Like 1

That is a good set fixtures particularly as I am away on the 21st April and was sure it would be a home game. 

All home games 3pm on a Saturday and finishing with a derby for some extra spice especially if the Accies somehow find themselves needing something to avoid the bottom two spots......

Depending on results before Dundee game they may well bring a decent support 

All in all favourable for us