Bottom six fixtures

Pettywulliegrew-2

27 minutes ago, Dezz said:

Potential to relegate Accies on the last day of the season....

In  the unlikely event that Accies need to beat us on the last day, they will stroll to their 3pts as our players will either have downed tools for the summer after securing 7th or 8th spot (or our first team is being rested for the cup final).

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

In  the unlikely event that Accies need to beat us on the last day, they will stroll to their 3pts as our players will either have downed tools for the summer after securing 7th or 8th spot (or our first team is being rested for the cup final).

Mind Celtic turned up for a party in similar circumstances?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Mind Celtic turned up for a party in similar circumstances?

Very true - although we weren't saving ourselves for a Cup Final in that game...

I doubt Accies will need anything from this game anyway. I can see them scraping enough points to stay in 10th.

From a selfish point of view, I'm disappointed we don't have the game at Thistle on a Saturday as it's a good day out. Otherwise it's as good as we could have hoped for. I assume somebody else has had a raw deal or have they actually managed to work it out fairly this time?

32 minutes ago, daver said:

From a selfish point of view, I'm disappointed we don't have the game at Thistle on a Saturday as it's a good day out. Otherwise it's as good as we could have hoped for. I assume somebody else has had a raw deal or have they actually managed to work it out fairly this time?

I think the raw deals are in the top half again. Hearts have a 3 away games at Ibrox and 20 away games overall.

I think the split has been in place long enough that all clubs realise, well that's a lie, all clubs with the exception of two whose post-split fixtures are the starting point for the process and get hand-picked, that but for the grace of God there's the possibility of getting shafted.

The statements to my mind are little more than an attempt to a make loud noise so that some form redress is made when the pre-split fixtures for the following season are drawn up or that they get a better deal the following season post split.

I’ve got a right bee in my bunnet about the post-split fixtures favouring the Old Firm (like plenty of other folk, probably) but one thing in particular does my nut in when I even think about it. 

When Rangers were out of the SPL/Premiership the league had four years, FOUR YEARS, where they could have given Celtic the unfavourable set of home-away fixtures since they were winning the title at an absolute canter anyway and they didn’t. Then, when Rangers came up and were utterly miles away from any sort of title challenge on account of being utterly pish, they could have done likewise but didn’t. These things would have at least attempted to create the illusion that there is a fair system in place for how fixtures are dished out. 

I mean, we all know that the authorities couldn’t give a flying fuck about any other teams, but this sort of thing just confirms it beyond any doubt. We’ve been shafted on 2 (3?) occasions and just basically been told to suck it up. This year it’s Hearts and Killie. On Sportsound the other day that dunce Billy Dodds said something along the lines of ‘There’s no way of keepin everyone happy and every team gets the rough draw sometimes’, but that certainly isn’t true of the Old Firm really, is it? 

Fuck em. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, swami said:

On Sportsound the other day that dunce Billy Dodds said something along the lines of ‘There’s no way of keepin everyone happy and every team gets the rough draw sometimes’, but that certainly isn’t true of the Old Firm really, is it? 

Fuck em. 

While I agree with you, you have to factor in the fact that in the minds of the downtrodden Celtic fan, they are being shafted simply by not being given the opportunity to claim the title in the first game post split at Park Head.

Like you say, ........ fuck em!

22 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Just checking my math here, 2 wins and we are safe right? 

Nope, one point and we are safe, we cannot finish bottom as things stand but there is a sequence of results that could see us finish eleventh on goal difference. 

• Like 1

Have I missed something? If Partick win all thir games they get 40 points. That means RC can only win 4 of their games. They get to 38points. However that means Hamilton and Dundee can only win 3 of their games. But they have to play one another so only one of them could get to 39 points. However our superior goal difference gives us a massive advantage.

16 minutes ago, valegro said:

Have I missed something? If Partick win all thir games they get 40 points. That means RC can only win 4 of their games. They get to 38points. However that means Hamilton and Dundee can only win 3 of their games. But they have to play one another so only one of them could get to 39 points. However our superior goal difference gives us a massive advantage.

Thats right.  However our goal difference advantage although 12 to the good could theoretically be overturned.  So, as things stand, we need 1 point to be mathematically safe from automatic relegation.