Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

A good result and hopefully a sign that we are back on track after our slump. We will know a little more in that regard after Ross County in midweek.

Injuries still seem to be a concern and it will be interesting to see who we have available. With that in mind, I hope our business this transfer window is not complete. I would hope to move some of the dead wood on and free up some wages for one more experienced arrival.

On to the game, a good performance which led to a fairly comfortable afternoon. Everyone played their part and I dont think there were any bad performances in the team.

It has to be said though, Accies were very poor. Aside from a little flurry at the start of the second half they offered very little. Considering it was a cup tie and a derby I was expecting the kitchen sink to be thrown at us in the last 15 mins but that didnt happen - probably says more about our performance though.

On the debutants, Aldred looked good in his 30mins and hopefully his injury isnt bad. Showed enough to suggest hell do fine at this level. Ciftci was clearly short of match sharpness but put in a shift and showed a couple of excellent touches and footwork. Pick of the bunch though was Main who was quick, strong, hardworking and looked like he could play a bit as well.

Anyone who questions why Andy Rose gets picked each week should watch todays game. Playing in an unfamiliar position he stuck to his task all afternoon and completely shut Imrie out the game. That, coupled with Mchugh and Campbell bossing the middle allowed the excellent Tanner to do his thing.

A mention for Dunne who strolled it in the middle of the 3 in the second half and Richard Tait who is just Mr Consistent....an outside shout for POTY if he keeps it up?

Fairly enthused for Wednesday night where we may have Cadden back.

• Like 2

Anyone who questions why Andy Rose gets picked each week should watch todays game. Playing in an unfamiliar position he stuck to his task all afternoon and completely shut Imrie out the game.

Been saying this all season. Rose will play anywhere and do a job. Very rarely puts a foot wrong. Some are just to blind to see it.

• Like 1

Rose is a decent enough player. He wins headers and will do the running and cover as asked. But that's about it. He has the odd flurry of good attacking play, but also goes missing for large parts of games and generally plays well when the team plays well rather than the other way around. He's not the type of player who will change a game. For me he's just not good enough technically as a long term option. I thought he had a good game yesterday though.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic