Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Regarding the disallowed Cadden goal. While Dallas may be technically correct in his interpretation of the law if he had given that decision against either of the gruesome twosome he would have banished to the amateur ranks never to be seen again.

I honestly couldn't care less about our crowds. We've got a core support of about 3,000 who can be relied upon, which I imagine includes virtually everyone on this website. Not really bothered if other people want to pick and choose their games.

6 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Lafferty had 5 fouls given against him by half time and still didn`t get a booking. Naismith raises his hands to ? Campbell and only gets a booking.

Kipre  gave away a silly penalty but Dallas had given it before Naismith  had even hit the grass. I know folk have said we can`t always moan about referees but can anybody on here honestly remember any game this season when we could leave Fir Park and say the ref had a good game.

Watched Sportscene highlights and both pundits said Hearts deserved at least a draw !!!!! In the game I was watching Well bossed the first half and Hearts had a good 25 minutes after half time then we battled back into the game and thoroughly deserved to go into the semi draw.

Bring it on. Hampden  here we come (again)

Would agree with most of that. I was baffled by the referee's performance: over-compensation for his alleged childhood attendance at FP?

To be clear, I've tried changing my name to Samantha Smoothigh to avoid confusion with your good self but it just hasn't worked.

8 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Would agree with most of that. I was baffled by the referee's performance: over-compensation for his alleged childhood attendance at FP?

To be clear, I've tried changing my name to Samantha Smoothigh to avoid confusion with your good self but it just hasn't worked.

We had a family friend who was a grade 1 referee back in the 80's. He was also a Well fan and reckoned that he overcompensated (in favour of Motherwell's opponents) when refereeing games involving Motherwell.

3 minutes ago, star sail said:

We had a family friend who was a grade 1 referee back in the 80's. He was also a Well fan and reckoned that he overcompensated (in favour of Motherwell's opponents) when refereeing games involving Motherwell.

Not quite the same situation(!), but I was asked to ref a BB game for our juniors once, and even at that level you feel the need to not be seen to be a "homer".  

So I can imagine there is a lot more pressure to appear neutral at the professional level. 

Really enjoyed that today.

We were miles the better team in the first half. But for some dodgy refereeing and some poor decision making in the final third we could have had the game wrapped up by half time.

The penalty in the 2nd half changed things and we were lucky to weather the storm for 25 mins or so.

Robbos changes certainly got us back into the game and I thought we finished the last 10 mins the stronger team and what a goal to win it! Absolute scenes!

A couple of observations.

Lafferty fouled one of our players every time he went up for a high ball. He should have been carded early doors. The push in front of the dug outs was as ridiculous as it was unecessary.

Despite our obvious flaws in possession of the ball at times, the mental strength of our team cannot be questioned. Days like today make all the hard times feel worth it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, daver said:

Hadn't really seen that at the time. Cochrane did look like a little boy lost throughout the game to be honest.

That the 16 year old the commentators were near spunking over? Wasnt that impressed,looked decent but nothi g spectacular. Loved when Main sat him down like a wee bairn tho

Lafferty and Naismith are really unlikeable. And that Milinkovic lad is just a diving wee cunt. Big Dunne shouldve cemented him and really given him a reason to go down.  Cochrane was utterly out of his depth, a coyple nice crosses but Campbell outshone him a mile.

Cant understand Levein and the Tv pundits saying Hearts deserved a draw at least. We dominated 1st half and last 15 mins. They had a great half hour from ht onwards. But even then,better decision making from Tanner on those breaks and we'd have had them buried during that time too. 

I dunno how many of the people looking for action against Lafferty for the challenge on Aldred in front of the dugout, have seen it on TV...but it was a tad embarrassing to an almost cringe point, he baaaaarely touched him. No fan of Lafferty at all but Aldred's lucky to not get carded there.

• Like 1

I thought we were very comfortable in the first half, without making many chances. The disallowed goal could have gone any way, but what I saw was the goalie getting his hand on top of the ball then losing control when he tried to roll it back to himself. 

Add our goal to the list of weird shite that has gone in our favour  this season. 

ciftci is really short of sharpness, his movement was good, but nothing came off for him. I think he’ll benefit from Main and Tanner’s form, but bowman has a case to be in the starting lineup. 

Our two bookings in the first half were probably deserved, but hearts lack of bookings was a joke, lafferty fouled persistently all game. Naismith is a dick.

Milinkovic made a difference at the start of the second half, and the extra attacker stretched our defense, leaving Kipre exposed to give away that stonewaller.  Kipre is going to be prone to that sort of stuff as long as we have him, but I thought he reacted well and did a great job for the rest of the game.

Hearts had a good spell, with lafferty’s angled effort and Carson’s great save, but I never felt we were out  of the game or panicking. My timeline may be off but I thought Dunne quietened Milinkovic with his no nonsense challenge after a few bits of fancy footwork.

I think Dunne would be on his way to cult status if he wasn’t in the shadow of Kipre, but his passing is terrible. However, I’ve endured Kevin Christie and Greg Denham, so overall it is nice to watch this defensive line work.

Throughout the half we had some good breaks, only to be slowed down by tanner dwelling on the ball. At one point he nearly had us in trouble when Kipre continued his run, but he got caught in possession leaving us exposed.  I was hoping Frear would come on for him as he seems to have a bit more pace than tanner, who seemed to be running backwards sometimes.  

It’s great to watch a team that doesn’t tire at the end of a game, and we deserved our winner as we continued to battle hearts and it’s wore them down. I’m pretty sure McHugh is left footed, which add even more to the strike, which was a memorable one.  I tried to keep an eye on him throughout the match, and he certainly puts in a power of challenges.

Another refreshing aspect of this game was how we shut the game down after the goal and didn’t give them a look in.

The commentators didn’t talk about campbell enough.

I can add three people to the list of folk that would have normally went to the game but couldn’t today, but I’m not fussed about the attendance, 7500 is pretty good all things considered.

Now we just need to get past Aberdeen or killie, which would be nice as I’ll just happen to be back home for a wedding when the final is scheduled!

1 hour ago, Al B said:

I dunno how many of the people looking for action against Lafferty for the challenge on Aldred in front of the dugout, have seen it on TV...but it was a tad embarrassing to an almost cringe point, he baaaaarely touched him. No fan of Lafferty at all but Aldred's lucky to not get carded there.

Lafferty ought to have been yellow carded at that point, not for the foul itself but for persistent fouling.   The actual foul didn't seem that bad but was totally needless, stupid and potentially dangerous. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Lafferty ought to have been yellow carded at that point, not for the foul itself but for persistent fouling.   The actual foul didn't seem that bad but was totally needless, stupid and potentially dangerous. 

Add to that Godinho got away with 2 or 3 bookable tackles and Adao was booked but should have been red carded in injury time and it adds up to Dallas making a James Hunt of it, and with the disallowed goal, it was a usual Scottish refereeing incompetent performance. Ok with the benefit of video replays and freeze frames etc it was aguably the right decision, but did Dallas know that real time, I think not,.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

It wasn't a foul though, that's my point. It was a massive, embarrasing dive by Aldred.

That was just brilliant.  That is the type of game and result that makes all the miserable cold wet afternoons watching 1-0 defeats worthwhile. 

Right through the team we had great performances and a real togetherness. After the penalty Dunne put his arms around Cedric and encouraged him and Aldred did the same after the winning goal. I thought the three of them played great as a unit. Who would have thought that we would not miss Hartley and the much maligned Dunne would become such an important player. 

Carson showed why he should be POY.  Apart from his game saving save he commanded his area and spreads confidence. Tait was good too. He is so two footed and his versatility allows us to change formation.  He started at left wing back and finished at right full back. Then there is little Alan Campbell who runs around terrorising players that are bigger and look  stronger and he can play too.  Then the captain who does so much to protect the back three and his wonder strike will live long in the memory.  Mains dribble at the end and completely doing the wee laddie in the Hearts team just epitomised the strength and fitness of the squad. Levein was hilarious in his interview. He was feeling so comfortable that he was thinking of making a positive change to nick it.  What with 5 minutes to go. Our boss did it with 15 to go. He changed from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 then took off our right back and put on a left winger whose cross led to the winner.

On to Hampden. Hopefully we can make the top six too. Maybe yesterday will lead to a Hearts collapse and we can sneak in. 

So many positives yesterday but the doom mongers on here need to find something to moan about so we get moans about the low home support. Whether you were there or watched on the telly for God's sake enjoy a great performance and result against a club who have way more resources than us. 

• Like 3

Great team performance thought the back three were outstanding with everyone else working their socks off. Pity the captain will miss the semi as he played a real captains role yesterday even after he got booked .Who would have thought we would be in two semis this season ( not me) so let me eat a bit of humble pie and say well done to Mr Robinson and his staff and hope he can make it two finals in one season 

• Like 3

I think the crowd was unstated yesterday.  There was more than 7,500 fans there.  Don't get me wrong there did seem a lot of gaps in the stands but there was more there than was stated.

Also I have to say I really enjoyed yesterdays game.  Was quietly confident before kick off and to come out the trap so quickly and score "two" goals so early on shows how well we started the game.  I thought we were really comfortable until we gave away the penalty.  

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

As far as the ref goes, let's just be happy he didn't give Hearts the pen at the death.

It was never a pen, of course, but we've all seen those given.

Actually ma  heart was in mouth at that moment. I reckon had Hearts not already had a penalty, that would have been given.

8 hours ago, Al B said:

It wasn't a foul though, that's my point. It was a massive, embarrasing dive by Aldred.

I'm pretty certain that Lafferty placed his hand on Aldred's back and gave him a slight push.  There was absolutely no need to do that, none whatsoever, and in my book that was a foul.  However I'd rather dwell on our performance and result which propels us into the semis.  It will be good for the whole club and will generate more cash for us. 

It really was an all round  team performance although I'd like to see a bit more from Ciftci, as he's a talented player. 

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Kilmarnock or Aberdeen(Hampden) TBC
19 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'd like to see a bit more from Ciftci, as he's a talented player. 

He appears to be still trying to find his feet. He is a player who probably requires plenty of encouragement from the manager and his teammates. Robbo will know that and I’m sure he will put his arm around him when required. As you say he’s a talented player and given the right platform he will shine.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic