Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

18 minutes ago, milo said:

Anyone know of any outlets that would be selling the current Motherwell strips?

What size are you looking for - I see a few options still left online for long sleeve (43-44" chest)  and short sleeve (36-38" + 44" upwards).

If you're in the 38 - 42" range, I imagine it will be a big ask. At this stage in the season, the manufacturers are cranking out World Cup kits or next season's styles.

We should definitely be asking for the whole of West Stand and half the South as per 2011.

I think that equates to about 16k. We will easily sell them. Ive aleady got double the amount of friends and family wanting to go to this one as went to League Cup Final. 

Lets get as many Well fans in the stadium as possible.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, smiddy said:

nb c u on the  31st of may :biggrin:

Aye, you will but then you'll see me before that as well.  :) You got my ticket yet ?  Which one of the kids is sleepin on the couch so I can have a bed ?

COYW !!!!!!  lets hope the good guys win this final

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Aye, you will but then you'll see me before that as well.  :) You got my ticket yet ?  Which one of the kids is sleepin on the couch so I can have a bed ?

COYW !!!!!!  lets hope the good guys win this final

bed in the shed for you hahaah you be here alone ? or treating the kids / grandkids :woop:

I mentioned on an earlier thread we really ought to get at least one striker in as cover for the final.  If either Main or Bowman get injures we are screwed. For obvious reasons Ciftci cannot play, Tanner is out for the season and I also think Newell is now also. No offence to Petravicius but as I see it we only have 2 strikers. Bringing in someone from the under 20’s for such a big game is too much of a risk imho. 

Must be someone who we can integrate into the squad over the next month build fitness and have as an option. We have some spare cash and for only a month or so contract ? 

12 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I mentioned on an earlier thread we really ought to get at least one striker in as cover for the final.  If either Main or Bowman get injures we are screwed. For obvious reasons Ciftci cannot play, Tanner is out for the season and I also think Newell is now also. No offence to Petravicius but as I see it we only have 2 strikers. Bringing in someone from the under 20’s for such a big game is too much of a risk imho. 

Must be someone who we can integrate into the squad over the next month build fitness and have as an option. We have some spare cash and for only a month or so contract ? 

Thats my major concern Iain.  Fitness permitting, I've have Ciftci playing as much as possible in the remaining league games.  Sid could be brought on as sub and maybe James Scott could get a few minutes taste of first team action.  It might have to be a case of starting with a combination of Main and Bowman but taking them off early depending on how the game was going.  We do have limited options in that area of the team. 

We don’t need to sign anyone for the final.

:lol:

Its a shame Ciftci can’t play, but could be worse.

I presume it’s tongue in cheek, but even if Rangers sack KM he wouldn’t be able to play for another club until next transfer window.

But while we’re making daft suggestions sign Faddy and bring him on for the last 5 minutes to take the piss.

:P

On a more sensible note, what happened to that boy Shea Gordon that was on fringes of team?

Miller couldn't play for us, even if he was cup-tied. Were we to sign anyone, they would have had to have been a free agent by the end of the January transfer window and lets be honest, anyone who fits that bill isn't going to get sharp enough to make a difference in four weeks.

• Like 2

Phil O'Donnell played in the Cup Final when he was 19. I'd have no qualms about bringing in one of the 18 year olds as cover. Semple seems to be the hottest prospect, but Agyeman or Falconer might be better options.

I seem to recall Frear has also played as a striker in the past, and while we'd need to change our shape a bit, we could go 3-5-1-1 with Frear sitting in behind. 

Or maybe Newell can play with a protective mask. Or one of our midfielders could move up top.

In the old days, your centre half used to be able to put a shift in a centre forward too, but I'm not sure that applies these days!

The worst thing we could do is bring in a free agent. That is a terrible message to give to the players that have got us to the final, and the players pushing for a first team spot.

Regardless of what we think, I imagine our management team is already working on the option for the worst case.

4 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Semple is 16...Scott and Agyeman don't look ready to me either. i suppose you'll never know til we try it though

I agree Semple's probably too young - the other options might be too young as well, but worth giving them a shot over the next few weeks to see what they've got.

Utlimately, I think we'd end up going with a first team regular as a replacement, but not a bad idea to have a recognised (if young) striker as a back up. 

Hi Guys,  I have been coming to Hampden for the last 3 years to watch the Scottish cup final and enjoyed every single one. I'd be interested if anyone may know of any spare tickets once announced.

im a season ticket holder at Everton for the last 41 years, and as I say, i love the final and would love to cheer on the Steelmen. 

Thanks for taking time to read my post. 

• Like 1