Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

11 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It's been a while since folk had it out for Burrows.

Good to see seating number is the choice of moans this time

It wouldn't be a proper cup tie thread without complaints about tickets and fan numbers.

• Like 1

According to Graham in the Ticket Office you can ask for seats further back and they will accommodate if possible. Seemed to appreciate that giving Season Ticket Holder/Well Society Members first crack but insisting they take seats with the poorest view did not make sense. Ask and you shall receive it seems.

Well done Alan . Biggest issue at last cup final was Celtic fans above us . Sorted . Also makes sense to sell a block at a time to prevent it looking sparse .Sorted . Two sections pending depending if we sell out initial allocation but if we do then these sections are ours as well . Sorted . Only thing he can’t sort is getting fans off there backsides and off to the final . That’s down to us . So let’s get as many Well fans as possible (real ones not day trippers) over to hampden as I’ve got a feeling this is gonna be our day . A large support can make a massive difference . They deserve it after that semi . Let’s not have that damp squib support we had in 2011. Let’s get our end rocking . There nothing better than winning and saying I was there. 

What

28 minutes ago, Mintymac said:

Well done Alan . Biggest issue at last cup final was Celtic fans above us . Sorted . Also makes sense to sell a block at a time to prevent it looking sparse .Sorted . Two sections pending depending if we sell out initial allocation but if we do then these sections are ours as well . Sorted . Only thing he can’t sort is getting fans off there backsides and off to the final . That’s down to us . So let’s get as many Well fans as possible (real ones not day trippers) over to hampden as I’ve got a feeling this is gonna be our day . A large support can make a massive difference . They deserve it after that semi . Let’s not have that damp squib support we had in 2011. Let’s get our end rocking . There nothing better than winning and saying I was there. 

What's with the "day-tripper" patter?

If you want a bigger number of fans at the final than turns up for Ross County at Fir Park, you might need to lower your standards to people who only attend a few games.

We should be encouraging as many people along to support us as possible in the hope some come back more often - not labeling them as somehow inferior.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, something else said:

Because on twitter he started by praising celtic and the SFA for being "fair" when in truth we got what we were more than entitled to . Also he was asked why we didn't ask for a toss to be given a chance of the east end of the stadium. He was palmed off by the sfa and celtic basically. It might not seem a big deal to some people but we are needing someone with balls who will challenge the authority's up here and get us out of the dark ages.

Burrows, much like our manager, has quickly learned how to play the game. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by coming out swinging at the opposition or the Governing body unless it's really needed, and now isn't one of those times.

We've got enough tickets, and he also sorted out the hassle of Celtic fans sitting above Motherwell fans that caused grief last time.

In short, it's job done. No point in him kicking up fuck for nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mio said:

in 2011 it was clear there was a number of rangers supporters there as I recall a number of poisonous chants all over the place and a Union Jack getting unfurled and then being swiftly removed. 

Or it could have in fact been a Motherwell fan who goes week in week out who had the Union jack?

• Like 1

Burrows, much like our manager, has quickly learned how to play the game. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by coming out swinging at the opposition or the Governing body unless it's really needed, and now isn't one of those times.
We've got enough tickets, and he also sorted out the hassle of Celtic fans sitting above Motherwell fans that caused grief last time.
In short, it's job done. No point in him kicking up fuck for nothing.
Best post for a long time. Sheer common sense

Some folks just like complaining even when there is nowt to complain about.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

What

What's with the "day-tripper" patter?

If you want a bigger number of fans at the final than turns up for Ross County at Fir Park, you might need to lower your standards to people who only attend a few games.

We should be encouraging as many people along to support us as possible in the hope some come back more often - not labeling them as somehow inferior.  

What’s with the inferior patter. 

Depends on your definition of day tripper. I’ll take every Well fan who loves the club to be there on cup final day. So called Well fans with allegiances elsewhere and actually no interest other than a day out  (day trippers)and never any intention of returning to a Well game then not for me . At 2011 cup final spotted a few of them . The semi final against St Johnstone had a better atmosphere among Well fans than final did and stadium was no where near as full

There are plenty of Well fans who have fell away for many different reasons and staying away becomes a habit . Let’s get them back over any day trippers (as per my definition). 

5 hours ago, mio said:

I think what we’ve asked for ticket wise is fine. All Motherwell fans who want to be there will be there.

in 2011 it was clear there was a number of rangers supporters there as I recall a number of poisonous chants all over the place and a Union Jack getting unfurled and then being swiftly removed. 

This is our final and wee don’t want it wasted by folk wanting to go just to shout bigoted bile to Celtic supporters.

Burrows has done the right thing in my opinion!!

I was at the 2011 Final and my personal opinion on why our crowd was shite is that we went into the final losing our last 4 or 5 games , conceding over 20 goals in doing so. Our "build up" was McCall going on and on and on and on about how even after a successful season,our budget was being cut again and we would struggle to keep our best players. Then finally we arrived at Hampden to the news Stevie fucking Hammell was our midfield general for the match .

I know I had absolutely zero enthusiasm for the game and was only there cause I didnt know when we'd be in another final! Im sure I wasnt alone

Wonderful sentiment from Ally and great to see him return to the scene of his greatest moment. Played golf at a corporate day with him a number of years ago and he was a perfect gent throughout - made a big fuss when he found out I was a Motherwell fan. Felt like a kid for the day, I was in total awe lol.

Why do people want Allan Burrows to get the Celtic end other than just to piss them off?

All the best pubs are at the West side of the stadium, theres plenty room for all the buses to park that end and the railway station is 2 mins walk from the ground?

Im more than happy with the way things have worked out.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The African said:

They say that you should never meet your heroes. Maxie would appear to be the exception to that rule. 

It may be a little thing, but that has made my day and always good to be reminded why I am proud to be a Motherwell fan.

Stevie Kirk is a nice guy, in fact the only Motherwell players I can think of that I have met and weren’t nice were Lee McCulloch, David Parrtridge and Andy Goram.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Stevie Kirk is a nice guy, in fact the only Motherwell players I can think of that I have met and weren’t nice were Lee McCulloch, David Parrtridge and Andy Goram.

When met McCulloch, were you in the East Stand with an umbrella?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Why do people want Allan Burrows to get the Celtic end other than just to piss them off?

All the best pubs are at the West side of the stadium, theres plenty room for all the buses to park that end and the railway station is 2 mins walk from the ground?

Im more than happy with the way things have worked out.....

It's obviously not Alan Burrows' fault, but I think its the broader point around it being a supposedly neutral venue.

As usual certain clubs are accommodated or 'treated more fairly' than others.

The justification given by the authorities is logistics, which isnt a particularly valid argument in this and many other cases.

This sort of pandering needs to stop, for a variety of reasons. I don't think its healthy for the game. We need to try and get to a position (off the park at least) where clubs have equal influence.

I guess the fact you say it would piss them off is key - On what grounds would receiving the same treatment as every other club cause them to complain?

Anyway, my opinion on the matter.

Just to be clear, not a gripe at Alan/The club - its being run well and heading in the right direction.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Richie said:

It's obviously not Alan Burrows' fault, but I think its the broader point around it being a supposedly neutral venue.

As usual certain clubs are accommodated or 'treated more fairly' than others.

The justification given by the authorities is logistics, which isnt a particularly valid argument in this and many other cases.

This sort of pandering needs to stop, for a variety of reasons. I don't think its healthy for the game. We need to try and get to a position (off the park at least) where clubs have equal influence.

I guess the fact you say it would piss them off is key - On what grounds would receiving the same treatment as every other club cause them to complain?

Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

Exactly this. I don't have a problem with the amount of tickets we got, as i think we got what we require.

My gripe is with flow praising Celtic and the sfa as if they done us some sort of favour by giving us the amount of tickets we received and for rolling over and accepting the fact that we automatically receive the west end of the ground, when it makes geographical sense for us to have the East.  

• Like 2