Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

3 hours ago, Richie said:

It's obviously not Alan Burrows' fault, but I think its the broader point around it being a supposedly neutral venue.

As usual certain clubs are accommodated or 'treated more fairly' than others.

The justification given by the authorities is logistics, which isnt a particularly valid argument in this and many other cases.

This sort of pandering needs to stop, for a variety of reasons. I don't think its healthy for the game. We need to try and get to a position (off the park at least) where clubs have equal influence.

I guess the fact you say it would piss them off is key - On what grounds would receiving the same treatment as every other club cause them to complain?

Anyway, my opinion on the matter.

Just to be clear, not a gripe at Alan/The club - its being run well and heading in the right direction.

Well, that's never going to happen. It's the nature of the game, so to speak, that the bigger clubs will always be given more say in how things go.

It's not specific to Scottish football either. Do you think that smaller clubs down south have as much say as the top Premiership clubs? Of course not.

Bottom line for me is this. If we took our full allocation we could fit close to three times our average attendance in Hampden for the final, while Celtic will have enough tickets for almost half of their season ticket holders alone.

Whichever way you slice it up, we're the winners in this situation. 

• Like 1

What a lot of pish gets spouted on these boards - we're in a cup final (the second this season) and we want to complain what end of Hampden we get allocated - FFS I'm just glad we're there - get over it. There's only a "Rangers and Celtic" end in the minds of the fans - to others it's the East and West Stand.................or wait is it the West and East Stand. Who gives a flying f..k

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richie said:

It's obviously not Alan Burrows' fault, but I think its the broader point around it being a supposedly neutral venue.

As usual certain clubs are accommodated or 'treated more fairly' than others.

The justification given by the authorities is logistics, which isnt a particularly valid argument in this and many other cases.

This sort of pandering needs to stop, for a variety of reasons. I don't think its healthy for the game. We need to try and get to a position (off the park at least) where clubs have equal influence.

I guess the fact you say it would piss them off is key - On what grounds would receiving the same treatment as every other club cause them to complain?

Anyway, my opinion on the matter.

Just to be clear, not a gripe at Alan/The club - its being run well and heading in the right direction.

We had our chance in 2012 when Rangers died.

Aberdeen fucked it by voting with Celtic. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shaka said:

I just got mine on phone, just over an hour solid on redial to get in. 

Gutted club buses are sold out tho. Gonna have to go with a plan B

Im the same and for whatever reason I thought I could book buses at the same time :wallbash::wallbash:

Whats Plan B Shaka, I currently don't have one.

12 minutes ago, Well Up For It! said:

Pretty much it.  A lot of behind the scenes horse trading went on behind closed doors but basically when the time came Aberdeen sided with Celtic over several issues and the chance was lost. 

Anyway thats our tickets, 23 of them, ordered and they should be available for collection by next Friday.  A heads up for the office staff as they're doing a good job under pressure.  Cup Finals are fantastic but they do put the whole club under pressure.

24 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

What a lot of pish gets spouted on these boards - we're in a cup final (the second this season) and we want to complain what end of Hampden we get allocated - FFS I'm just glad we're there - get over it. There's only a "Rangers and Celtic" end in the minds of the fans - to others it's the East and West Stand.................or wait is it the West and East Stand. Who gives a flying f..k

Its clearly not only played out in the minds of their fans...its played out in real life...we'll be in the Rangers end on the 19th of May, despite driving be the Celtic end

9 minutes ago, ForthThistle said:

Im the same and for whatever reason I thought I could book buses at the same time :wallbash::wallbash:

Whats Plan B Shaka, I currently don't have one.

I have no idea at the moment. I was under the same impression, I thought you booked the bus with the tickets! 

Not fancying Train wi the work going on that day and driving/parking gonna be a nightmare so prob look for another fan bus from one of the pubs, or get a lift from a local family member

3 hours ago, milo said:

Fuck sake! Was near greetin’ reading that from Maxwell there!

Too true. For me, among plenty of other heroes, Ally Maxwell was the real standout of the '91 final. His subsequent shabby treatment really upset me at the time, and it's been great to see him back in the fold.

We really can't NOT win this now! COYW.

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

I just got mine on phone, just over an hour solid on redial to get in. 

Gutted club buses are sold out tho. Gonna have to go with a plan B

Just got mine now - only 5 minutes and a dozen or so redials. Either I'm lucky (probably not, based on my lottery numbers this week) or the queue might be dying down a bit.

Glad I had the foresight to call earlier in the week and book the bus separately!

1 minute ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Secured my tickets over the phone,  said pick up will be next week. Anyone done this before?

My sceptisism is making me doubt how flawless this booking/collection process is ha

I've never, ever had any problem picking up pre-booked tickets. Always seems quick & well-organised.

YMMV.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Do you need to show your season book to get the tickets? 

Forgot my season book but got tickets fine.

I'd still take it to be on the safe side but I don't think it will be a problem.

Queue wasn't too long when I was up.  Slow moving but not too long.  Nothing like the Panathinaikos match when the queue was right down Firpark Street.

1 hour ago, Well Up For It! said:

In terms of SPFL voting rights, yes.

These are decisions which aren't decided by club votes though, rather directly by The SFA/authorities.

2 hours ago, David said:

Do you think that smaller clubs down south have as much say as the top Premiership clubs? Of course not.

I would say there's far more even-handedness down south.

I've never heard any debates around allocations, the neutrality of Wembley, the Man U end being referred to etc.

...Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Its a general observation and dont want keep taking the thread off-topic

• Like 1