Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

1 hour ago, Well Up For It! said:

We had our chance in 2012 when Rangers died.

Aberdeen fucked it by voting with Celtic. 

Aye, and our club was ready to vote to keep Rangers in the top flight (unil the fans spoke up).  We have been as bad as the rest when it comes to the OF imbalance and to keeping idiots like Doncaster in power, so let's not try and blame everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Richie said:

I would say there's far more even-handedness down south.

I've never heard any debates around allocations, the neutrality of Wembley, the Man U end being referred to etc.

...Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Its a general observation and dont want keep taking the thread off-topic

If the FA Cup final were being contested between a side like Manchester United, with their regular attendances, and a side like Chesterfield, Peterborough or Gillingham, who draw an average attendance similar to ours, do you think the ticket allocation would be split 50/50?

Of course not.

There's more "even-handedness" down south because the gulf in finances and sheer size between the top sides isn't anywhere near what it is in Scotland, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the top 10 or so Premiership clubs have far more sway than any clubs in League One.

As far as I'm concerned Old Firm fans and the media could refer to both ends of Hampden as "their" end all they like, it makes not a bit of difference to us.

Come Cup Final day it'll be the Motherwell end, because Rangers got papped out and are sitting at home watching on the telly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richie said:

In terms of SPFL voting rights, yes.

These are decisions which aren't decided by club votes though, rather directly by The SFA/authorities.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Aye, and our club was ready to vote to keep Rangers in the top flight (unil the fans spoke up).  We have been as bad as the rest when it comes to the OF imbalance and to keeping idiots like Doncaster in power, so let's not try and blame everyone else.

Yes it was to to remove the SPFL vote from 11-1 majority to a more balanced system, but it was more an opportunity for clubs to stand up to Old Firm and set a precedent. No question the SPFL has more influence than the SFA these days, the fact Doncaster is on the SFA board tells you that in black and white. Aberdeen decided they wanted to fill the "void" left by Rangers and blocked it - a decision they will regret when/if Rangers take the league back to a two horse race. Aberdeen rightfully deserve all the critics going for such a judas act.

Keeping Rangers in the league was a different thing altogether for me and yes the club got initial stance wrong - but the chance to wrestle power and control from two teams was priority. 

Fact is, the chance to make any kind of change in the status quo of Scottish Football has been and gone so not matter how utterly stupid having a "end" at our neutral national stadium be, its not going to change. 

As others have said, the west and north stands are better anyway. Better parking for buses, better pubs, closer to train station and if it's a sunny day you won't have the sun blinding you if you are in the front 30 rows! Of all the things we can pick a bone with, this is way down the priority list for me. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, David said:

If the FA Cup final were being contested between a side like Manchester United, with their regular attendances, and a side like Chesterfield, Peterborough or Gillingham, who draw an average attendance similar to ours, do you think the ticket allocation would be split 50/50?

Of course not.

There's more "even-handedness" down south because the gulf in finances and sheer size between the top sides isn't anywhere near what it is in Scotland, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the top 10 or so Premiership clubs have far more sway than any clubs in League One.

As far as I'm concerned Old Firm fans and the media could refer to both ends of Hampden as "their" end all they like, it makes not a bit of difference to us.

Come Cup Final day it'll be the Motherwell end, because Rangers got papped out and are sitting at home watching on the telly.

I dont think anyone is quibbling with the amount of tickets we are getting, I for one, think it's just about right. I'd hazard a guess that we are the only country in the world where our 'national' stadium has a traditional end for two teams and that it goes unchallenged. The size of the club has literally nothing to do with it.

Its far from being the end of the World but its a sheer nonsense how these two clubs are pandered to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I dont think anyone is quibbling with the amount of tickets we are getting, I for one, think it's just about right. I'd hazard a guess that we are the only country in the world where our 'national' stadium has a traditional end for two teams and that it goes unchallenged. The size of the club has literally nothing to do with it.

Its far from being the end of the World but its a sheer nonsense how these two clubs are pandered to.

100% agree with this. 

17 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Thinking of train between Central & Mount Florida. How easy/difficult would that be? I imagine its chaos after the game?

I generally walk down rutherglen for the train after Scotland games, more walking but less queuing. There is supposed to be a rail strike though.

18 hours ago, Richie said:

It's obviously not Alan Burrows' fault, but I think its the broader point around it being a supposedly neutral venue.

As usual certain clubs are accommodated or 'treated more fairly' than others.

The justification given by the authorities is logistics, which isnt a particularly valid argument in this and many other cases.

This sort of pandering needs to stop, for a variety of reasons. I don't think its healthy for the game. We need to try and get to a position (off the park at least) where clubs have equal influence.

I guess the fact you say it would piss them off is key - On what grounds would receiving the same treatment as every other club cause them to complain?

Anyway, my opinion on the matter.

Just to be clear, not a gripe at Alan/The club - its being run well and heading in the right direction.

Im all in favour of our club standing up for us and I agree that the authorities should stop pandering to Celtic (and The Rangers). I just dont get what is to be gained by taking on that particular fight. What end we occupy at Hampden is an irelevance to me. The view / facilities are the same. If we were being disadvantaged in some way I would agree but it really isnt the case. There will be plenty better opportunities to challenge their dominance going forward.

7 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Im all in favour of our club standing up for us and I agree that the authorities should stop pandering to Celtic (and The Rangers). I just dont get what is to be gained by taking on that particular fight. What end we occupy at Hampden is an irelevance to me. The view / facilities are the same. If we were being disadvantaged in some way I would agree but it really isnt the case. There will be plenty better opportunities to challenge their dominance going forward.

The problem is that if we're at the Mount Florida end the buses have to go down the M77 which means everyone is bursting for a pish well before Hampden.

11 hours ago, Shaka said:

Thinking of train between Central & Mount Florida. How easy/difficult would that be? I imagine its chaos after the game?

This is what I usually do. Assuming trains are on (noise of a strike?) then it shouldn't be too bad for after the final. If we win we'll be partying in the stadium long enough that all the Celtic fans should be long gone. If we lose it'll be the opposite and I waited no more than five minutes after the LC final 

1 hour ago, mwellhighland said:

This is what I usually do. Assuming trains are on (noise of a strike?) then it shouldn't be too bad for after the final. If we win we'll be partying in the stadium long enough that all the Celtic fans should be long gone. If we lose it'll be the opposite and I waited no more than five minutes after the LC final 

The rail strike,if it goes ahead is the CCTV operators . It will make no difference to the running of the  trains .

12 hours ago, another number said:

I generally walk down rutherglen for the train after Scotland games, more walking but less queuing. There is supposed to be a rail strike though.

That will mean walking through the Celtic end though.  Also there is work going on the railways at the weekends at the moment so a lot of trains are being diverted away from Rutherglen.  Not sure when the works extend too but would be wise to keep an eye on it. 

I'd walk up through Queens Park and get the train at Queens Park station or Crosshill.

11 minutes ago, Richie said:

Crossmyloof is also an option.

About a 15-20 min walk to Hampden, but its generally quieter and you have a whole host of pubs en-route.

Its the nearest to The Shed as well if anyone's going there beforehand

Long shot but went online to get tickets for The Shed pre match event and it’s sold out! Was hoping to go with my Dad and daughter! If anyone has tickets that they’re are now not planning to use can you let me know?

17 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Here's the thing, what does it matter?

There's no way of stopping it. We can all moan and cry, but even if we "challenge" it, they're still going to refer to it as the Rangers & Celtic ends. It makes absolutely zero difference to anything.

See to be honest, it never even really occurred to me until it was mentioned in this thread.

17 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

The fact that it shouldnt matter, is the whole point

Rise above it, leave them to their shite. As long as there is no real affect from what they're doing then let them get on with it. Bottom line is that in the real non-old firm world, where the rest of us all live, there is no Rangers side because Rangers are sitting at home that day.