Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

On 4/29/2018 at 10:44 PM, fergi4 said:

Some pics floating around social media; one of our squad players proudly wearing his 'scarf' today, looked like he was 'buzzing'! 

“Motherwell FC can confirm the termination of Stephen Hendrie’s contract with immediate effect. The club will issue no further statement.”

I'll be popping over from Ireland, but that's not exactly going to have the local travel agents clamouring for my business.

(Aside for anyone who may not have got the email: Well Society Exiles Club members are invited to a "Welcome Home" event at Fir Park on the Friday afternoon, hosted by Ally Maxwell.)

2 hours ago, milo said:

My pal is flying home from Nimes in Southern France for the final. Decent effort.

Anyone else making a reasonable effort to get here for the big day?

With specatacularly bad timing, I have to work Cup Final weekend. I knew ahead of the semi that I wouldn't be able to make it if we won, so I'm planning to come over for one of the European games instead (or the League Cup...). I might be jinxed though, so not a bad thing - I flew back for the CIS Cup final and that didn't turn out too well.

37 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Just over half our allocation sold. Thought it might have been more than that by now.

I believe that was on Monday before season ticket holders/Well Society members who ordered by phone were allocated tickets and of course before the general sale began this morning. 

7 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

First day of general sale and there was no lunchtime queue. I think the initial 12,700 may prove sufficient. 

If that proves to be the case it will be a little disappointing.  Perhaps people are starting to believe that reaching cup finals is routine / normal. I am 50+ and this will be only my 5th if I recall correctly and I will have attended all of them - So on average 1 every 10 years !!

The 2300 may not seem a lot but it makes a big difference on the day. Almost meaning that we will be outnumbered by their lot by more  than 3 to 1 as oppose to by more than 2 to 1.

Even I accept that it is a quite probably long shot based on Celtic resources and squad, but I do also genuinely believe that if any Motherwell team can do then this bunch can.  They will certainly bust a gut on the day trying to bring that famous old trophy and European football back to Fir Park.   You would not want to miss out were that to happen......

5 minutes ago, AlmostFrazzled said:

Already looking forward to the part time crew rolling in to Hampden again to shout things about "f*****s" and "t*****s".

giphy.gif

I did hear one of the best/worst bigoted shouts at the 2011 final, so ignorant and ill informed it was laughable.

”Ki Sung Yeung, ya slanty eyed c****y f****n bastard”

:shocked:

4 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Anyone know of any buses with space going from the Carluke/ Wishaw/ Motherwell area? Pain in the backside that the club put on so few buses ( I know its not few but you would think they would book more when they sold out so quickly). 

They're limited by parking. I think, like the semi, the club has run all the buses that Hampden will accommodate.