Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Its been an expensive old season...maybe there are people out there who burst their tank on going to the League Cup Final, 'because we never know when we'll get to another final again'...and this game is just one step too far. 

I know for myself, that I'm £84 for me and my two boys for tickets and bus fares, before I pish some more of my money up a wall on the day of the game. Not everyone will be able to do it. Plain and simple.

If we sell the 12k, which I think we will, then I think thats a decent effort...we are what we are.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Cannot believe the greeting about how many tickets we have "only" sold.

{Every ticket thread on here}

"We're in the Final"

-- "Brilliant - how many tickets have we sold?"

"I don't know - we're in the final"

--"Great - but why has 'Flow not insisted on more tickets?"

"We're in the Final"

--"Aye, Brilliant - can we stop calling it he Celtic end?"

"It's our second final of the season"

--"I know, but the tickets - how many?

"It's the FINAL"

--"Aye, but the tickets need to go to real 'Well fans, not day trippers"

"2nd FINAL"

--"Only half the tickets sold? That's poor"

"IT'S THE FINAL"

--"Do I need to sit in my allocated seat?"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Its been an expensive old season...maybe there are people out there who burst their tank on going to the League Cup Final, 'because we never know when we'll get to another final again'...and this game is just one step too far. 

I know for myself, that I'm £84 for me and my two boys for tickets and bus fares, before I pish some more of my money up a wall on the day of the game. Not everyone will be able to do it. Plain and simple.

That's a good point. I'm sure there a lot of long distance fans who invested their travel budget in the League Cup final. If I travelled to both finals it would have cost me close to $3000.

40 minutes ago, weeyin said:

That's a good point. I'm sure there a lot of long distance fans who invested their travel budget in the League Cup final. If I travelled to both finals it would have cost me close to $3000.

A poor excuse there from a day tripping, glory hunting part time supporter.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how many section Q holds? I thought seeing as it's only quarter of the upper tier it would only be around 1k so you'd have thought it would be almost sold out by now given that it probably has the best view.

2 hours ago, something else said:

If they are away round at B2 then we have sold well over the half our allocation as claimed on here.

if we are selling for B2 and Q4 we ain't far from selling our initial allocation. Does that not mean only Q5 and Q6 and B3 to go before our option for the rest is required. If thats the case 10 hrs after general sale that's damn good going.

27 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

if we are selling for B2 and Q4 we ain't far from selling our initial allocation. Does that not mean only Q5 and Q6 and B3 to go before our option for the rest is required. If thats the case 10 hrs after general sale that's damn good going.

I called up earlier to buy my ticket.

Was told that all upper tier tickets had now sold out.

Is there anyone who has no means, family or anyone they can count on to get tickets? This could be because you now live abroad, illness or whatever else.

I'll happily go down tomorrow and secure them if you want to forward what I pay by BACS.

Ideally then we can shelve the ticket chat that inevitably gets everyone's knickers wringing at anything past a quarter final and get onto talking about how we beat this mob of tinks.

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Yes, thats my take on it.

1 hour ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Is there anyone who has no means, family or anyone they can count on to get tickets? This could be because you now live abroad, illness or whatever else.

I'll happily go down tomorrow and secure them if you want to forward what I pay by BACS.

Ideally then we can shelve the ticket chat that inevitably gets everyone's knickers wringing at anything past a quarter final and get onto talking about how we beat this mob of tinks.

Get in tae them?

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

Get in tae them?

Pretty much, aye, press them high up the park and put their defenders under pressure, they’re not used to it and don’t like it. Don’t let Scott Brown control the game from the middle of the park.

Rangers face shown exactly how not to play them. Hibs have shown how it’s done and we are capable of taking it to them in similar fashion.

We’ll probably need to ride our luck at the other end, and hope that no game changing decisions go against us.

If we get the chance to put Main or Bowman through on Gordon, he seems prone to a rush of blood in those cases, few examples of him charging out and halfing folk...

3 minutes ago, real dosser said:

I am wearing the very socks at the minute.

Bought for me by my daughter-in-law a while ago.

they are as near Claret & Amber as you will ever get.

That will do for me. Burgundy and gold is this year’s C&A...:lol: