Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Boyd will always be a well legend for captaining 91 side but his bias towards Sellik since then has been a bit over the top. Anyway come Saturday evening I hope we will celebrating heroes of 2018 with McHugh the winning captain...COYW

As has been noted many times before on here, moving to Celtic seems to turn lots of people into moaning, bitter eejits. Players and managers alike. 

I don't take it too seriously, though - in fact I don't think I've really listened to anything Boyd has said since he left the club. He was an excellent player for us, and played well in the Cup Final. That'll do.

there was no need for boyd's antics back in the 2011 final,he was lapping up the attention from the celtic end on the walk around the pitch and as soon as he got too our section he was kissing the badge on his celtic scarf,considering he started his career with us and lifted the scottish cup as captain,you would think he would have shown a bit of respect that day.in short he's a total cunt and is just part of a really long list of reasons why i would love us too stick it too they bastards on saturday.

• Like 4

Think I recall Boyd being an absolute roaster at the Motherwell greatest XI nigh, I think someone put it to him about winning the cup with a wee team like us was a great achievement and he started slavering about Celtic's achievements when he played there, anyway on to Saturday. 

Does anyone have any ‘Well friendly pub recommendations for Saturday?

I always find myself in the Clockwork when we’re at Hampden but fancy somewhere different this time. I hear Church on the Hill has just opened back up after a big refurb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Dezz said:

Does anyone have any ‘Well friendly pub recommendations for Saturday?

I always find myself in the Clockwork when we’re at Hampden but fancy somewhere different this time. I hear Church on the Hill has just opened back up after a big refurb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corona at Shawlands Cross (now called The Butterfly and Pig) should take Well fans. Its next door to The Shed where the Motherwell fan party is. The Ivory Hotel is decent en route to Church on the Hill.

I would avoid Armstrongs on Battlefield Rd. Its good for Scotland games but its a Celtic shop so not sure what kinda welcome youd get.

Clockwork is great but as you know from experience it will be rammed early doors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

I booked a 2 month trip to America before we made it to the final. The realisation that I won't be there on Saturday is setting in now. If we win I won't be able to live with myself for not attending!

Not quite as extravagant but I'm currently in Tenerife and I arrive back early on the day of the game, not much margin for error if any delays arise. Took me ages to get over missing the late winner against Aberdeen at Pittodrie years back, would be sick as a pig to miss our final win. 

• Like 1

That must be the initial allocation of 12700 as sure they never requested the additional 2300 but still good turnout for club of our size .On the Boyd topic I spoke to him  at Celtic Hospitalty,  asked if any well fans,  me and wife said yes ,then went on to say his greatest Well moment was leaving us total shit of a man ,our hosts felt had to apologise to us for his comment said not your problem Boyd is a tosser.

41 minutes ago, Kat said:

Not quite as extravagant but I'm currently in Tenerife and I arrive back early on the day of the game, not much margin for error if any delays arise. Took me ages to get over missing the late winner against Aberdeen at Pittodrie years back, would be sick as a pig to miss our final win. 

I was due in Tenerife before the league cup final, ended up booking a six day holiday to get back the day before, felt I needed contingency, booked it before the semi, was confident

2 hours ago, ropy said:

I was due in Tenerife before the league cup final, ended up booking a six day holiday to get back the day before, felt I needed contingency, booked it before the semi, was confident

Me the wife and grandson booked up a while ago to visit home arriving in Scotland May 30th, due to waiting on his school year finishing.  However, hidden away somewhere in the depths of the league cup final thread I said I wasn't coming over to league cup final ' cause I was saving my money for the Scottish cup final. So leave here Thursday arrive Friday morning then back on the plane Monday morning. Back in Austin for. About a week then back to join in the extended celebrations. The wee man said he'll colour his hair claret and amber if motherwell win the cup. COYW.  ive got that 1991 feeling !!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, something else said:

Loads of celtic fans have bought motherwell end tickets. That'll explain us having loads left and them all of a sudden selling in the last few days.

Could be true but there was also a bit of a feelgood factor at the end of Saturday'sgame and that may have helped to make the mind up of anyone who was swithering, particularly families. 

I was up at Fir Park this morning having a nephews jersey autographed by the last 6 players and manager, of the Betfred Cup Final squad that he needed. I thanked them for their effort and everything they've achieved this season. They all appreciated me saying so and said they intended to make it a better ending to the season. A thoroughly nice bunch of guys. Don't suppose they'll read this but thank you to Trevor Carson, Peter Hartley, Richard Tait, Cedric Kipre (he's even bigger standing beside him than when watching from the stands)  Ryan Bowman and Stephen Robinson. COYW

• Like 3