Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

2 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Anyone know who actually 'penned' it?

I've got the original on 45 rpm  vinyl, you youngsters will need to 'Google' what vinyl is :biggrin:

Side 2 of the disc it says "Up The Well " (Collins) & Colin Stuart (vocalist).

Side 1 is "I've Never Kissed A Bonnie Lass Before". (Stewart-Grant) & Colin Stuart (vocalist).

It comes with an insert card featuring a 'Well 12 man team wearing all white kit. 

Jim 'Jumbo' Muir, Davie Whiteford, Joe Wark, Tom Donnelly, Peter McCloy, Willie McCallum, John Murray, Bobby Howitt (manager), Jimmy Wilson, Jackie McInally, Bobby Campbell, Dixie Deans, John Goldthorpe and Wilson Humphries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Seen on Twitter there are a few Celtic fans saying they got their tickets from Motherwell. Bit disappointing. Can only hope they enjoy trying to hide their glum expressions when we score. 

Last time I remember significant amounts of them in amongst us was Skippy Sunday.  Same result again please if true.

8 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Yes same result please. Dissapointing club sold to other fans when some well fans still need tickets. 

I wouldn't be surprised if crafty local Tims used Well fans names and addresses to get tickets.

You can't really complain  when you had a fortnight to get one and didn't bother ...

• Like 1

Once the season ticket holders and well society members are dealt with, how do you propose that the Club ensure that tickets don't fall into the hands of the beggars?

As Steelboy says, the tickets have been on sale for weeks and while its a shame that there are one or two Motherwell fans possibly missing out, I can't see how that can be any fault of MFC.

2 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

http://www.mfc1886.com/imagine-what-would-happen-if-we-won-a-cup/

Did a wee blog last night, this week is really dragging...

Fantastic Andy.

Tear in the eye.

Imagine.

Believe.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Anybody know which if any of the pubs around Hampden allow kids in?

I suspect the clockwork might, but never been on a match day.

Clockwork was a nightmare to get in for the Semi Final against Aberdeen. We were there for the doors opening and managed to get in with enough time for one pint. I suspect all other boozers will be the same!

27 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

As Steelboy says, the tickets have been on sale for weeks and while its a shame that there are one or two Motherwell fans possibly missing out, I can't see how that can be any fault of MFC.

Totally agree, this is nobodies fault but my own. Hopefully I'll find one though!

30 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Clockwork was a nightmare to get in for the Semi Final against Aberdeen. We were there for the doors opening and managed to get in with enough time for one pint. I suspect all other boozers will be the same!

We must have been further back in the queue for opening then as we were told we wouldn't get in as they'd be over their licence by that point.  Ended up in the indoor bowling club on the other side of the station which was full of sheep.

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if crafty local Tims used Well fans names and addresses to get tickets.

You can't really complain  when you had a fortnight to get one and didn't bother ...

They only had to give an address, doesnt have to be local. Ive got a workmate who supports Celtic and he bought tickets for himself and his wife last weekend.

Apart from Season Ticket Holders and Well Society members how can the club police it? What would the criteria be?  Its impossible. 

Without a shadow of doubt Celtic fans will have snapped up tickets for our end as they were easier to get hold of. This is their chance to win a double treble and I’m pretty sure they will want to be there if it happens. However, it won’t, and we will have the pleasure of seeing them sneak out at the final whistle after we’ve pumped them. :biggrin:

Don’t care who’s round about me to be honest, I have a ticket and I’m there to watch Motherwell in a Scottish cup final for only the 3rd time in my lifetime. I’m going to enjoy it and not sit and sniff out Celtic fans like some sort of rabid lunatic 

• Like 3

Whatever it takes to win this final I’m ok with. Don’t want a gallant played them off the park defeat. I want to see us win the cup. I hope Robinson has them well schooled to walk away from any flash points and not get conned into any stupid stuff.  We need to get stuck in as normal and hope the ref actually has a decent performance.   COYW!!  I believe. 

• Like 1

Obviously going to be a tough game, but trying to look at positives.

Celtic on occasion have a heavy defeat in them. Fair enough usually in Europe, but Hearts utterly dismantled them earlier in the season.

Their form has noticably dipped post-split.

Weare more likely to win an isolated cup than anyone win a double treble.

4 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I have 5 spare tickets for The Shed.

They are free of charge.

Party is 11am - 2pm

Kids welcome.

If anyone wants them PM me and I can make arrangements.

PM'ing is beyond my technical skills!! If you still have the Shed tickets I'd be interested as we're looking for a 'Well friendly drinking den prior to the game.