Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

We were beaten by Robinson's tactics. Two up front and and out numbered in the middle of the park. A Grimshaw, McHugh and Campbell midfield is never going to be able to take the pressure of the defence. Individually I thought the players did ok. Campbell and Carson were outstanding. Kipre was very good. Dunne was his usual self with great defending and terrible passing. Hopefully we use the money from these runs to bring in some footballers and open up a bit so we are better to watch next season. The worst bit of the day was when I noticed Petracvicuis warming up.....

The people who are raging about the Gaza protest would probably have raging about a Free Nelson Mandela protest in the 80s.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We were beaten by Robinson's tactics. Two up front and and out numbered in the middle of the park. A Grimshaw, McHugh and Campbell midfield is never going to be able to take the pressure of the defence. Individually I thought the players did ok. Campbell and Carson were outstanding. Kipre was very good. Dunne was his usual self with great defending and terrible passing. Hopefully we use the money from these runs to bring in some footballers and open up a bit so we are better to watch next season. The worst bit of the day was when I noticed Petracvicuis warming up.....

The people who are raging about the Gaza protest would probably have raging about a Free Nelson Mandela protest in the 80s.

Personally I think politics and sport should be kept apart, I go to a game of football to actually watch football. There is a lot wrong in the world and for me football is about forgetting everyday life for an afternoon. Half of their support probably understand little of the issues anyway.

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

That's fair enough but why do you think everyone else should be the same? And I can't see why it would stop you watching the game.

If we had been a couple of goals ahead no one would have cared.

I just find it all a bit daft, as I say  go and ask the average Celtic fan  about the history of the conflict and they will not have a clue. It’s not that have a genuine understanding and passion to see change, it’s all false and postering because the cameras are there.

• Like 1

The thing with the (pseudo)protest is its motivation.

I'd suspect a huge part of it was bear-baiting and an attempt to appear edgy, rather than genuine concern for the plight of Palestinians.

Either way, a football game in Scotland isnt the forum for it - Not lease because any exposure it creates will be limited to fans of Scottish Football.

The Police held all the Motherwell buses back until  the Great unwashed had left Hampden . I was on one of the Cooper buses and we didn't leave the car park till 5:45.

My own personal experience of the police is that they are a bit like the English ,one or two decent chaps ,but mostly a shower of bastards. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, postiejim said:

My own personal experience of the police is that they are a bit like the English ,one or two decent chaps ,but mostly a shower of bastards. 

Having worked down there and up here I can assure you that there are as many roasters up here as there are in England - a fair section of the knuckle dragging OF fans for a start.  

• Like 2

Don't have an issue with the Palestine stuff either. They're not to be commended for it but saying it's wrong purely because "it's politics and football!" is a bit daft.

Also I wonder if those that claim football and politics should be kept apart took part in the national anthem and the "wrong fuckin country" chant yesterday (the latter of which was an embarrassment).

• Like 3

On 15/04/2018 at 9:29 PM, postiejim said:

If we’re going to win the cup we’ll have tae score at least 3 goals, were pretty solid at the back I know ,but if the league cup final is anything to go by then they’re  going tae score at least 2 goals. Can win it but it’s a big ask i.m.o.

I very rarely get predictions right , but sadly.........

On 17/05/2018 at 4:53 PM, smiddy said:

oh well scoojy , only my opinion , but we will see :rolleyes:

I’m dragging up this unnecessarily but it seems your inside info was off the mark

Rose not even on the bench, and Mchugh led the team out as club captain

In my house, it’s not often I’m right, so I’m sure as hell going to point it out when I am

20 minutes ago, postiejim said:

The Police held all the Motherwell buses back until  the Great unwashed had left Hampden . I was on one of the Cooper buses and we didn't leave the car park till 5:45.

Most people in England are the same as most people in Scotland, decent hard working individuals with the same values. When I moved up from Yorkshire 20 years ago I was told all sorts of prejudiced nonsense about life in Scotland, it was all obviously rubbish.  

• Like 4

The downside to these epic journeys back for a final is the long, sad traipse home after the wrong result. I was looking forward to wearing the colours in celebration but you know what, I'm wearing them just as proudly in defeat - and it's amazing how many folk I've met so far en route who fucking hate Celtic ;-)  SIWY

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, postiejim said:

At one point I thought our driver was actually going to deck the jobsworth G4S mini-hitler who was strutting up and down in his hi-viz green vest like a demented budgie. No court in the land would have convicted him. 

9 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

At one point I thought our driver was actually going to deck the jobsworth G4S mini-hitler who was strutting up and down in his hi-viz green vest like a demented budgie. No court in the land would have convicted him. 

I heard one of the busses beeping in an increasingly irritated sounding fashion, guessing that was yours. :lol:

The busses were poorly organised from the start to be honest, they were all mixed up outside the ground and left people with no idea where theirs was parked.Clearly somebody thought it was a good idea to put the numbers on them before they got to the ground.

54 minutes ago, steelboy said:

You talk some shite.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maxywell said:

I heard one of the busses beeping in an increasingly irritated sounding fashion, guessing that was yours. :lol:

The busses were poorly organised from the start to be honest, they were all mixed up outside the ground and left people with no idea where theirs was parked.Clearly somebody thought it was a good idea to put the numbers on them before they got to the ground.

Which obviously you would have to do as buses have different capacities and the club have been booking with those capacities in mind.

If you're just randomly allocating numbers on the day then it would have been a disaster. If the club have earmarked 80 odd people to go on a double decker bus (say the yellow double decker from hell that was bus 18 yesterday) and then on the day because it happens to be 18th in line someone decides bus 18 will in fact be a single decker you are going to have a stack of irate supporters getting increasingly tetchy demanding to know what bus they're going to get to the Final on.

They should ideally have been lined up in numerical order but from what I saw all buses were clearly marked with their numbers and people were taking the common sense approach of just keeping walking until they got theirs. No big deal.

5 minutes ago, star sail said:

We were beaten by two very good goals and a Celtic team that are head and shoulders above any other team in Scotland.

We had to change the formation after 20 minutes.

And the disruption the change in formation arguably cost us the second goal as no one was picking up Ntcham.

15 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Which obviously you would have to do as buses have different capacities and the club have been booking with those capacities in mind.

If you're just randomly allocating numbers on the day then it would have been a disaster. If the club have earmarked 80 odd people to go on a double decker bus (say the yellow double decker from hell that was bus 18 yesterday) and then on the day because it happens to be 18th in line someone decides bus 18 will in fact be a single decker you are going to have a stack of irate supporters getting increasingly tetchy demanding to know what bus they're going to get to the Final on.

They should ideally have been lined up in numerical order but from what I saw all buses were clearly marked with their numbers and people were taking the common sense approach of just keeping walking until they got theirs. No big deal.

The thing is, the previous times this season we used the buses they were in numerical order from the back of Club 100 up to Our Lady’s High. Don’t know why it was different this time.

We were in the disabled bus parked right in the middle of the car park. We were the only bus that went out the main entrance and through all the Celtic fans right after the game finished, after our driver had an row with the steward. Not sure how that would have gone if we had won the game.

47 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

They could have arranged them into some sort of order as they were coming in to park surely, there were a few stewards about doing fvck all.... they managed to get them in the right order last time so i don't see why there was a problem yesterday.Yes i'm sure most people managed but imagine turning up 2 mins before they leave looking for bus 5 near the front when in fact it was at the nissan garage, it held the busses up waiting for people.

1 hour ago, postiejim said:

Reckon the Match Commander made a rip-roaring cnut of it. All Motherwell fans were in the the buses long before the Dhims exited the stadium - yet we were held back to allow them to disperse. Had he and his 'Minions' done their job properly we could have been out the Car Park and away before the cup had been presented - well almost.

• Like 1

Tremendous effort by our support yesterday and in the days leading up to the final, couldn't have done any more!

Watched the full game back this morning and other than Campbell, the midfield (Mchugh, grimmy, Tait and cadden) were outclassed. Had some interceptions first 10mins, but no decent final ball to make an impact. 

10mins in, Aldred heads clear and Mcgregor was aggressive to beat Campbell (only blemish on him) and Grimshaw to the ball and finishes spectacularly. Got their crowd in it. 

A foul unfairly called on Alfred for the lead up to their second... Rogic ran into him as play continued then pulled back! (Was typical of many decisions in the game and encouraged celtic to play act. Noticed brown actually telling his players to get up / shut up on quite a few occasions and that's saying something!)  Grimshaw ball watchin Ntcham, who probably misses that 9 out of 10 times. Cest la vie. 

Bowman gave a great backheel to play in main who blazed over with 3 defenders closing in. In replay a pass back to bowman would have been better. 

Main chance immediately in second would have gave us hope. Unlucky. 

Bigi was effective when he came on, Frear wasn't. 

With other refs Aldred could have been penalised for a tug on dembele inside box after a dual, thankfully penalty not given. 

Cadden headed effort cancelled out by Dembele header. 

Bigi free kick could have again gave us hope, but not to be. 

No complaints about result considering the huge gulfs.

Celtic probably spared us not sticking on Griffiths and Roberts as  Forrest and Dembele or Rogic could have been subbed to change things for them. They had a comfy lead all the same. 

Credit our back 3, I thought they were brilliant and not at fault with goals. Was imagining we had Boyata and Ajer for any of our trio and I doubt we would have held as good as we did. 

Dembele man of match? I don't get it. 

Andy walker commentating.... torture!!! 

Im sure we will be back stronger!