Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

If you want to play stats - Docherty has 8 goals in 108 games, Cadden has 13 goals in 102 games.

Not sure what that says about either, but stats are fun.

I'm not playing stats.

I'm making a direct comparison between goals and assists against comparable opposition over a season because some people on here think Greg Docherty couldn't dislodge Andy Rose or Liam Grimshaw from our midfield.

That fact that you are producing stats that relate to career overviews against different standards of opponent, since these stats are not league stats, has nothing to do with my argument. They have no relevance to the point I was making.

You know this because you aren't stupid and yet you feel compelled to make this quite stupid comparison. Why?

I'm not playing stats.

I'm making a direct comparison between goals and assists against comparable opposition over a season because some people on here think Greg Docherty couldn't dislodge Andy Rose or Liam Grimshaw from our midfield.

That fact that you are producing stats that relate to career overviews against different standards of opponent, since these stats are not league stats, has nothing to do with my argument. They have no relevance to the point I was making.

You know this because you aren't stupid and yet you feel compelled to make this quite stupid comparison. Why?

The stats you get orgasmic about are meaningless pish, who cares if Docherty had 3 goals and 6 assists in 1,867 mins of football FFS get a life. That could be a blinding 1st 45 mins then another 1,822 mins of his usual dross.

Assigning individual stats to a player in a 100% team sport is always going to be difficult compared to sports like cricket and baseball where there is a clearer individual aspect.

The problem with assists as a statistic is that youre relying on the person youre assisting to actually finish. You could be putting in perfect passes and crosses but have nothing to show for it because the striker is a diddy. Or you could be putting half decent balls in a general area for an excellent striker to convert. All assists arent equal. If you take Caddens assist for Moults goal against Aberdeen, any other striker and that probably isnt a goal.

Goals as a stat also has a bunch of factors which can skew its usefulness too, how many chances did the player have to score? Does he take penalties or free kicks, is he being played in a position where it is expected to get into goalscorimg positions, etc.

Overall, I think the eye test works best. Ive looked at the advanced stats out there and they are interesting, but i still think there is a long way to go as there are too many intangibles in football compared to some of the more stat friendly sports.

• Like 2

I'm not playing stats.

Looked like stats to me - and only over a half season.

Seems to me that they were cherry picked to make a point rather than look at the larger picture.

Not long til the weekend. Thoughts on lineup?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cifcti and Main start up top given the managers comments about the strikers not doing it.

Aldred straight in for Hartley or too risky?

A last appearance in the cup for Hammell before he retires at the end of the month?

Quite a few choices to make with only Frear and Petra likely to be ruled out by injury.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not long til the weekend. Thoughts on lineup?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cifcti and Main start up top given the managers comments about the strikers not doing it.

Aldred straight in for Hartley or too risky?

A last appearance in the cup for Hammell before he retires at the end of the month?

Quite a few choices to make with only Frear and Petra likely to be ruled out by injury.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reckon he should go 4 at the back for this one with ciftci and main up top however wouldnt surprise me if he goes kipre,Aldred and dunne at back

Either way I think it will be caden,McHugh,rose and campbell with Tait making the 5th in midfield and the two new lads up top

Listed as 2 first team matches as per the Sfa website (those that are just for league matches are specified as such) The next league game is going to be a bad one with him, Tait and mchugh all missing, along with whoever the ref sends off on Saturday.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/2958/los26-4-january-2018-docx.pdf

• Like 1

Listed as 2 first team matches as per the Sfa website (those that are just for league matches are specified as such) The next league game is going to be a bad one with him, Tait and mchugh all missing, along with whoever the ref sends off on Saturday.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/2958/los26-4-january-2018-docx.pdf

McHugh has already served his suspension against Accies on 30 December.

Will Carson be fit for Saturday?

Regarding the team, Id like to see us go 4231/433 for the 2nd half of the season with Cadden and Frear higher up the park. Judging by Robinsons comments in December however, a back 3 will remain the preferred approach. That being the case, Id go:

Carson

Kipre McHugh Dunne

Cadden Rose Campbell Bigi Tait

Tanner

Nadir

I think this will go to a replay.

Edit - Robinson unsure whether Cadden and Tanner will make it.

So the winter break has done us the world of good....

You'd rather have carried on playing after the last Accies game with our injured players missing and no time for the ones struggling for form to recharge and regroup?

Mental.

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic