Scottish Premiership Game 33:Ross County (A) 21/04/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Did we not spend the last 5 games resting everyone in the run up to the final in 2011 before turning up on the day and completely shitting the bed? Bollocks to that.

I'd like to see us go out to put as many points on the board as possible. By all means look to bring on a couple of the younger boys off the bench, but lets not do anything silly.

I think we  have to field the strongest (whoever is fit) side as we need to assure safety on the play off position as well, I know it would be a long shot if we were involved, but Dundee Utd seem to be coming strong at last, although I am sure the second bottom team would be too strong for the championship play off winners.

I agree it's too early and daft to "rest" players for the final at the moment, but if there are players carrying knocks, that for me is slightly different.

In ways I find it actually quite good we're in the bottom six and relatively safe ahead of the final. In 2011, we conceded three to Hearts, four to Celtic and Dundee United and five to Rangers after the split, meaning we entered the final with the back door well and truly open. Hopefully this year, we can manage a few positive results which see us go into the final on a bit better form.

I'm not for resting a lot of players, but we have scope to change things a bit with an eye on the final.  As Joe says look at players who are maybe not 100% fit and either rest them or take them off early.  The likes of Frear, Grimshaw, Hendrie, Ciftci, Bigi, MacLean and Maguire could all get some game time, depending on how things were going.  You'd think there will be at least one change from last Saturday as McHugh returns from suspension.      

Listening to Robinson's presser this morning. With Bowman a doubt for this game (with a virus he doesn't want to give to the rest of the team), it's James Scott that's getting the nod from the U20s as cover.  So maybe that's the plan - or part of the plan - for cover for the final.

35 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

As for the game, couldn't give a fuck about the score!

You should - as we can 100% guarantee our league safety with this one. As Robinson said this morning, once that's confirmed, we can move forward with other contract negotiations and talks with new signing targets, because we know our budget for next season.

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

You should - as we can 100% guarantee our league safety with this one. As Robinson said this morning, once that's confirmed, we can move forward with other contract negotiations and talks with new signing targets, because we know our budget for next season.

Our safety is guaranteed, not a chance we are anywhere near relegation this year. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Our safety is guaranteed, not a chance we are anywhere near relegation this year. 

While I agree, the fact is  that until it's mathematically guaranteed the money is staying in Flow's Steelmen coin purse. 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

While I agree, the fact is  that until it's mathematically guaranteed the money is staying in Flow's Steelmen coin purse. 

The fact that we've just extended the contracts of Tait, Bowman, Dunne and Kipré suggests otherwise.

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

The fact that we've just extended the contracts of Tait, Bowman, Dunne and Kipré suggests otherwise.

The fact that Robinson said this morning in his press conference that we needed to secure our status before he could make offers to other players and start talking to targets suggests that he knows more about it than us.

16 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

With every league place worth 100k, despite this being a bumper year we've had a number with poor returns (Albion Rovers anyone?). Finishing 7th is key for that wee bit extra cash and form going into the final.

Is it not £60k  per place?