Scottish Premiership Game 33:Ross County (A) 21/04/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

That was an utter shitfest. Pumping 862 long balls to a 7 foot centre half was a tactical masterstroke by SR! 

Our "performance" was summed up by Bigi having the ball in cm and pointing/screaming at Cadds to run into the acres of space behind the full back so he could pass,but Cadds instead standing on the halfway line waving his arms meaning Bigi then had to try run with it and git tackled by 3 County players.

Laughable! You have to feel for players like Bigi when he has to contend with hammer throwers for opposition and tactically clueless teammates

• Like 1

Nothing like a good positive reaction to a decent result and another clean sheet, eh?

Once again, we know what we are, and it’s rarely going to be pretty.

We’re safe from automatic relegation, a bawhair from being safe from the playoffs, and have our 2nd final of the season coming up. Not getting pumped in any of the post-split fixtures will do me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I realise it's massively against the rules, but being able to watch on Periscope is brilliant. Happy to contribute a few bucks via paypal to encourage her to do it again.

Going by what was said on the podcast with Grant Russell late on last week you might be able to contribute a few bucks directly to the club to watch away games.  Well, if you're abroad at least.

• Like 1

A point will do at this stage of the season. While not quite safe, we are basically a team with little to play for, playing against sides who should be fighting for their footballing lives.

While we are not quite safe, mathematically, it is surely only a matter of time before we are. Other results will probably have as great a bearing on this asour own. Our task remains to keep everyone fit and sharp before the cup final. Not as easy as it might seem.

Hopefully the injury to Rose is not going to scupper his chances.

1 hour ago, The African said:

Hopefully the injury to Rose is not going to scupper his chances.

Rose is done! He didnt move a muscle for about 2 minutes when he got injured. I actually thought he'd got ko-d but then looked to be favouring his shoulder/upper chest so broken collarbone sounds about right.

Main is also a lucky lucky boy. He went for a petulant mid air push/barge wi a County defender and landed flush on his wrist. Thought it was a definate broken wrist/arm!

11 hours ago, valegro said:

Your reasoning is seriously flawed. Dundee win 2 which has to be Ross County and Mothewell as they lose the next 4  But you have St Johnstone only beating Ross County so Dundee beat St Johnstone  My brain wont take me any further

St Johnstone would have to beat us. The result of St Johnstone vs Ross County doesn't matter in that scenario.

11 hours ago, daver said:

St. Johnstone also beating us would only put them further ahead of us. Thistle and Accies could both win their remaining four games putting Accies on 42 points. 

All highly unlikely but obviously we're not quite safe yet.

If Thistle and Accies win their remaining four games then Dundee and Ross County can only win 2 each. This is getting silly

1 minute ago, valegro said:

If Thistle and Accies win their remaining four games then Dundee and Ross County can only win 2 each. This is getting silly

Thistle can win 4. Beating us, Dundee St J and RC.

Accies can win 3. Us, County and Dundee.

Dundee can win 2. Us and County.

St Johnstone beat us.

That leaves St J 41, PT 40 and Motherwell Accies and Dundee all on 39.

10 hours ago, The African said:

A point will do at this stage of the season. While not quite safe, we are basically a team with little to play for, playing against sides who should be fighting for their footballing lives.

While we are not quite safe, mathematically, it is surely only a matter of time before we are. Other results will probably have as great a bearing on this asour own. Our task remains to keep everyone fit and sharp before the cup final. Not as easy as it might seem.

That sums it up well for me.   I can see us us stumbling along for the next few weeks picking up a draw or two whilst other sides below us beat 7 bells out of each other (hopefully not against us) and drop points to ensure our safety.  Remaining games with the likes of Ross County, Accies, Dundee and Partick playing each other could end up in bloodbaths. Its going to be akin to someone throwing a lump of raw meat into a cage full of starving pit bulls.  

8 hours ago, Shaka said:

Rose is done! He didnt move a muscle for about 2 minutes when he got injured. I actually thought he'd got ko-d but then looked to be favouring his shoulder/upper chest so broken collarbone sounds about right.

Main is also a lucky lucky boy. He went for a petulant mid air push/barge wi a County defender and landed flush on his wrist. Thought it was a definate broken wrist/arm!

It looked like the physio popped a dislocated finger  back into place and then Main obviously played on.

15 minutes ago, gdalli10 said:

It looked like the physio popped a dislocated finger  back into place and then Main obviously played on.

Celtic have some big games coming up,including yesterday so i was hoping they would pick up a few injuries. It'll be just typical that its us who will pick up the knocks in the meaningless games leading up to the final. 

On 21/04/2018 at 6:14 PM, underboyleheating said:

He took a right sore one and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case.

He was definitely in A&E at Hairmyres last night for an x-ray. Not sure what the outcome was though.

43 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

He was definitely in A&E at Hairmyres last night for an x-ray. Not sure what the outcome was though.

If he was at Hairmyers, the outcome was probably a 4 hour wait and then they took his appendix out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Going by the injuries sustained by Main, Rose and McHugh it must have been some game on Saturday.  County's impending clashes with Partick and Hamilton promise to be brutal in the original sesne of the word.

Dont know what happened with Rose, didnt think it was anything Malicious tho. Main was pure stupidity from himself, tried to push Fontaine while jumping for a header and landed full weight on his wrist. 

Was a tough game tho, Souttar won every header that came his way as he is about 7 feet tall, but every other aerial challenge was accompanied by pushes and stray elbows.