Cup Final Strip

Lenin the Parakeet

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

The Faroe Islands Macron shirt could potentially make a very smart away top. Subtle C&A trims on the collar and cuffs and the addition of a C&A chest band would finish the look. 

vgiww6.jpg

Thats just beautiful! 

• Like 2

The Faroe Islands Macron shirt could potentially make a very smart away top. Subtle C&A trims on the collar and cuffs and the addition of a C&A chest band would finish the look. 

vgiww6.jpg

Perfect....with white shorts and socks with c&a trim would be a fantastic away strip. Over to you Flow!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

vgiww6.jpg

Oh that’s a thing of beauty :-)

• Like 1

Apparently the kits are designed And they hope to be in the shop for cup final week?

dont think it’s an easy thing to organise tho.

if the new strips are ready I think it’d be crazy not to wear them in the final? If we win (which we will) in that new strip imagine the clamber of folk wanting to buy it over summer!!

club shop jackpot 

Has it not been commented on a couple of occasions that we'll be wearing our existing kit and that the reason we've been wearing our away kit recently was that it was off to embroidered for the Cup Final? 

3 hours ago, Ballso said:

Change of sponsor for next year

Ah okay, I had assumed that we were still going with McEwan Fraser for next season, however, if we are changing our shirt sponsor I can see why the new kit won’t be worn in the final.

On the subject of the new home  top I’m personally hoping for a modern take on our 60s signature kit. It’s been a while since we have had a classy home shirt free of fussy trims. I’m also hoping for a slightly bolder claret band/hoop than we have had recently as I feel that the narrower band is starting to become more of an advertising space rather than an integral part of our kit history. The Macron template that I used for my preferred away top design would also present us with an opportunity to produce a simple but stylish traditional home shirt.

2m82ra0.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

You'd hope Provan occasionally reads through these as surely theres no better market research. Everyone loves retro.

On that note, will anger the hoop traditionalists, but there's a generation out there with very fond memories of the first Patrick kit - would be great to see something along those lines for a season, a la the Southampton strip this year.  

15 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Ah okay, I had assumed that we were still going with McEwan Fraser for next season, however, if we are changing our shirt sponsor I can see why the new kit won’t be worn in the final.

On the subject of the new home  top I’m personally hoping for a modern take on our 60s signature kit. It’s been a while since we have had a classy home shirt free of fussy trims. I’m also hoping for a slightly bolder claret band/hoop than we have had recently as I feel that the narrower band is starting to become more of an advertising space rather than an integral part of our kit history. The Macron template that I used for my preferred away top design would also present us with an opportunity to produce a simple but stylish traditional home shirt.

2m82ra0.jpg

Does anyone else see the tops that UBH mocks up and then get slightly underwhelmed by the strips that are actually released?

I remembered that there was a post here about the new strips from Flow on twitter. All he confirms is that a new strip will be on sale prior to the final. no confirmation as to whether its the "Cup final" Strip.

2 hours ago, David said:

UBH, you do realise that by posting all these cracking mock ups you're only ensuring we'll likely be disappointed when the real thing doesn't come close to matching up!

Hopefully Macron and PSL won’t let us down. There was a saying that was I think attributed to Roy Keane. He once said “Good teams don’t wear bad kits”. To certain extent this is true as having a professional looking kit can psychologically increase a sides confidence and makes the other team know that they are in for a tough game. Sponsorship also plays a part in making a team look professional. A team without a professional looking kit or a cheap looking loan shark sponsor is viewed as less of a threat by the opposition.

6 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

You'd hope Provan occasionally reads through these as surely theres no better market research. Everyone loves retro.

I agree. It becomes classic for a reason as certain design elements will always stand the test of time. All that is required is for designers to do a modern twist on tried and tested designs and generally that will please the majority of fans and players.