Cup Final Strip

Lenin the Parakeet

4 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I asked while in the shop today. Shirts seemingly in stock but all hinges on sponsorship deal being signed and sealed. 

Been a few decades since I purchased the "new kit" when it was released.........but a nice kit with a hoop and no sponsor on it might tempt me ........other than the centenary kit which unfortunately  didn't come in buster Blooodvessel size !!!

7 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

LOL from what I've been told - they have. Anybody got access to Provan Sports back shop? :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe I’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Time will tell I suppose. Provan must be tearing his hair out, would have shifted a fair amount in the lead up that maybe won’t buy after the final.  

5 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

Hmm, maybe I’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Time will tell I suppose. Provan must be tearing his hair out, would have shifted a fair amount in the lead up that maybe won’t buy after the final.  

Agree totally - no better time to sell strips than on the goodwill feeling of a cup final appearance - strange.

13 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

Sell them with no sponsors logo, they will fly off the shelves, simples

9 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Sell them with no sponsors logo, they will fly off the shelves, simples

Simple indeed. Can we leave you to handle the phonecall to the shirt sponsor to let them know that a portion of the advertising space they have just bought will now be left blank? But thanks for all that money though...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

I'll wager Liberty Steel won't be a prominent feature on our new shirts :whistling:

Graphically speaking I’m not 100% convinced their branding is suited to being the main shirt sponsor any way. In my opinion the last decent looking logo we have had was Ian Skelly or Motorola. I detest betting/loan/pawn shop type sponsors as they cheapen the look of the shirt. However, if they offer us a shed load of money I will welcome them with open arms. :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

I just love the thick band (that could so easily be a hoop) and simple round neck. Old school but still cracking!!!

I do prefer our tops to have a slightly wider hoop/band as it integrates it more into the design rather than it just being an advertising space. For what it’s worth, similar to Celtic I would insist on a proper hoop every time.

So I assume that any new kit launch has been postponed until after the final. I can understand if there is a new deal waiting in the wings as it would effect our current shirt sponsor who appear to have  had a good relationship with the fans and the club. Just a shame that there will be no with no embroidered tops for sale just like 1991.  

Once the technology catches up, I imagine TV companies will be able to superimpose sponsor logos onto shirts on the video (a bit like they can do with advertising at pitch side). That way, the sponsors could still get their product on the telly, and clubs could sell shirts without the logo. That technology isn't too far away.

Not too sure about that to be fair. Aside from TV stuff, in the case of Man United or Real Madrid etc, you'd be asking the sponsor to accept losing hundreds of thousands (maybe millions?) of walking adverts all over the globe, and the only way they would consider doing that is if the club is willing to accept a massive drop in money.