Cup Final Strip

Lenin the Parakeet

Question asked because I noticed the current strip is listed as 2017/2018 and didn't know if (!) there was a new one planned.

I'd buy a "cup-final special" (if a replica) but would then hate to see a new strip launched a few weeks later. Not everyone can afford both (or a double family load).

New strip ahead of the final makes sense - pre-game sales "bounce", plus the regular pre-season sales and extras on the back of the victory.

COYW!

12 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Club Brugge had this away last season and it would look good in C&A
A very rough mock up...

18_19_away.jpgImage result for Macron Club Brugge away

Yep, that would do the job, never been a big fan of over complicated kit that’s not even in traditional colours, pretty much why I don’t like the gray in this seasons away kit. 

10 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Nice , about time we go back to the white away strip. My all time favourite away kit was the admiral kit of the mid '70's :woop:

If I had my way we would wear a white away kit every season. In my opinion nothing beats a pure white kit with flashes of claret and amber. And as a bonus it looks great under the floodlights.

• Like 2

One of last season's away kits but with this seasons sponsors logo, who only came on board in the summer, so not just a case of scrambling around for kit.  Presumably it would had to have been registered at some point for them to use.

11 minutes ago, something else said:

Be nice if we did something similar.

Macron have been good but my one gripe is the black/white training gear. We should have claret/amber stuff. 

I’ve campaigned for that for years. I very much doubt it will happen as unless you are a big club they usually just stick a badge onto an existing colour template. We had C&A training gear all through the 70s/80s/90s until they the manufacturers got lazy.

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I’ve campaigned for that for years. I very much doubt it will happen as unless you are a big club they usually just stick a badge onto an existing colour template. We had C&A training gear all through the 70s/80s/90s until they the manufacturers got lazy.

Highly doubt the manufacturer's got lazy. Surely contract terms will decide? Hibs training kit aligns with the bigger outfits south of the border and that of our professional rugby squads and it looks a more polished professional Macron product.

I'm sure I read somewhere (sometime) that there was an extra cost in producing the correct shades of C&A. Fine if you'll be selling thousands....

Personally, I'd like to see the on-line shop stock some things which fit someone older than twelve. Man cannot live by replica tops alone.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Highly doubt the manufacturer's got lazy. Surely contract terms will decide? Hibs training kit aligns with the bigger outfits south of the border and that of our professional rugby squads and it looks a more polished professional Macron product.

Hib’s are a bigger concern and yes individual contract terms will decide on what level of service a team gets. I think Provan Sports are still our kit design middle men (or has that changed?), whereas the likes of Hibernian will deal with Macron directly. I suspect that’s why Leanne Dempster was pictured outside Macrons Italian head office last year after finalising next seasons Hibernian kit.  

Lets be honest Motherwell will never be first in line for bespoke C&A training wear from any kit supplier. Consequently, I suspect the conversation with the Macron rep will have went something like this... “You can have any colour you want as long as it’s not bespoke” That usually means black, grey or blue. However, in the past we have had C&A training kit from the likes of Patrick, Umbro, Admiral etc... who have all provided this service. I do accept times have changed, however, as a kit fan I still get romantic over every last detail and that includes training kit.

Will bespoke training wear make us play any better? No.
Will it make us look smarter in the pre season squad pic and warm ups? I think yes.  
Does anyone care apart from me? Probably a very, very small few. 

Although I was heartened to hear our new media man cite the importance of consistency of our corporate colours throughout all our branding in the recent podcast. I can only dream that this will extend to training wear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

Hib’s are a bigger concern and yes individual contract terms will decide on what level of service a team gets. I think Provan Sports are still our kit design middle men (or has that changed?), whereas the likes of Hibernian will deal with Macron directly. I suspect that’s why Leanne Dempster was pictured outside Macrons Italian head office last year after finalising next seasons Hibernian kit . 

PSL are actually in a similar role at Easter Road as they are with us. The only thing is that as they play in green, I reckon that they are in a better position of having more choice of training kit. 

However, I believe we have renewed our deal with Macron so you may find that things have changed slight from next season.

You’ll also notice that from when they joined on board that their logo has only ever appeared on the strips and not on the programme, pitch side boards, etc. 

• Like 1