Scottish Premiership Game 38 :Hamilton Accies (H) 12/05/18 14:15

Yabba's Turd

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

We should concentrate on selling our cup final allocation rather than worrying about Accie's support. Fair play to the ones who bother.

Cup final thread for our cup final attendance figures. This is about the possible 70 accies fans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44082242

Motherwell: Robinson to be 'clever' with selection in last game before cup final

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson admits he will have to be "clever" with his squad for Saturday's Lanarkshire derby against Hamilton Academical.

Well face Celtic in the Scottish Cup final the following Saturday.

Robinson says several first-team players are carrying "knocks and a few minor injuries".

"We'll make a decision for what's the best way for us to approach both games," said Northern Irishman Robinson, 43.

"I've a very small squad. But whoever plays we'll put a competitive team out and they're playing for places either on the bench or in the starting line-up for the cup final.

"It's up to the boys I put out to take their opportunities."

Captain Carl McHugh, fellow midfielder Liam Grimshaw, defender Cedric Kipre and forward Curtis Main are among the players Robinson has concerns over, although he believes they will not be in danger of missing the final against Celtic on 19 May.

"There have been players crying out for opportunities and the starting line-up [for the cup final] is still to play for, so there will be people going out with points to prove and they'll hopefully put on a show that gives me a real hard decision to make next Saturday," Robinson explained.

The Steelmen, who beat Partick Thistle 1-0 on Tuesday, are seventh in the Scottish Premiership before their final league game of the season against Accies, with St Johnstone level on points with Robinson's side but just two goals worse off.

Finishing top of the bottom half of the table would guarantee Motherwell an extra £60,000 in prize money.

"We want to finish seventh," insisted Robinson. "I will make some changes tomorrow based on injuries really, so I have to be a bit clever with that, but not to the detriment of the game.

"£20 into the club is important never mind £60,000 so it really is very important."

After signing four players on longer-term contracts last month, Robinson also says he's offered deals to "three or four" players in the hope that they will join Motherwell this summer and is waiting to hear back.

Probably should be in the Rebuild thread but interesting to hear we have already made offers to 3 or 4 players that are out of contract. In Scotland and England. 

He does mention we have ready had knock backs which is probably unsurprising. 

Who in Scotland would you want  that is achievable ? I know he is injury prone but Templeton has had a good season at Accies. I expect he may end up at Hearts or Hibs or even Aberdeen 

On 10/05/2018 at 7:43 AM, smiddy said:

if they can only bring approx. 300/400 fans for a cup tie, how many will they bring for a nothing game 

Never mind Accies' fans, apart from season ticket holders, how many home fans will turn up tomorrow? 3k?

If McHugh, Grimshaw, Kipre and Main are rested, I see Bigi, Turnbull and Hendrie playing from the start, and possibly Frear up front with Bowman. I'd far rather see MacLean come on instead of Demi.

Maybe strip Hammell, Lasley and Clarkson for back up.

Last game of the season, at home, v local rivals, safe from relegation and with a 2nd cup final of the season to look forward to the following week.

Fir Park should be jumping, but I sadly, for whatever reason expect it not to be.

• Like 1

If McHugh, Grimshaw, Kipre and Main are rested, I see Bigi, Turnbull and Hendrie playing from the start, and possibly Frear up front with Bowman. I'd far rather see MacLean come on instead of Demi.

Agyeman could be a secret weapon. Maybe strip Hammell, Lasley and Clarkson for back up.

17 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I think this is going to be a typical end-of-season affair. Both teams safe, and about 6 or 7 regulars rested.

It may be an end of season affair but make NO mistake Accies will want to win and we should not want to go into a final on a dispiriting loss against our local rivals.  I know we will rest quite a few players but I very much doubt they will.

Think it will be a decent enough support.  Last home game.  The team have done well this season.  Yes the football may not be pretty, but I think we all agree we have a team that give everything and try their best.  The Cup performances have been way beyond anyone's expectations.

I know we have one more (rather important) game to come but I would rather show my appreciation for the teams efforts this season - tomorrow.  If we also get to do it a week tomorrow - fantastic.  

1 hour ago, gullane said:

Turnbull, Bigi, Ciftci, Hendrie, MacLean, Maguire and even Peter Hartley could all be in with a shout of at least some game time. 

The following might be a decent line up:

Carson

Maguire Aldred Dunne

Cadden Campbell Bigi Turnbull Frear

Ciftci Bowman

Yet another option, albeit short term, would be to play a back three of Aldred, Dunne and Hendrie.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Turnbull, Bigi, Ciftci, Hendrie, MacLean, Maguire and even Peter Hartley could all be in with a shout of at least some game time. 

The following might be a decent line up:

Carson

Maguire Aldred Dunne

Cadden Campbell Bigi Turnbull Frear

Ciftci Bowman

Yet another option, albeit short term, would be to play a back three of Aldred, Dunne and Hendrie.

Would go with that Dave apart from cifcti he needs punted has contributed nothing to the team, bring in one of the u20 players, you will get more effort.

Hoping there will be a decent turn out tomorrow, last game before the final against our local rivals fingers crossed some of the other 9k from the final can make it along

I don't think this game is as meaningless as some think. A good win going into next week definitely wouldn't hurt confidence. 

In saying that I'd rest a few key guys, however i still think we are capable of a result.. I'd go

Carson

Maguire Aldred Dunne

Maclean Bigi Campbell Turnbull Frear

Bowman Ciftci

Of our expected cup final line up, Carson Kipre Dunne McHugh Campbell Main Bowman Cadden not starting. Only Tait and Aldred starting. Hopefully those not stripped are not seriously injured. A chance for Bigi Grimshaw  Frear and maybe Turnbull to stake a claim for the one remaining spot. Also no Hartley on the bench.