The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

I am bit confused about goalkeeping situation, as I am sure PJ Morrison is going to be too old for the under20's next season, yet according to the website he is retained for the under20's. Does anyone know where Ferguson fits in the pecking order for our goalkeepers, or does he go back on loan again.

Is the under 20's/development league still in existence, as there was talk about the reserve league getting resurrected.

Personally I thought Griffiths was not too bad a goalkeeper and still think he has potential, but I am sure SR knows better than me!!!

Still on the player squad retention, I thought Ross McLean was also out of contract this summer, but no mention of him leaving, so I take it he has still got another year left of his contract? 

2 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Still on the player squad retention, I thought Ross McLean was also out of contract this summer, but no mention of him leaving, so I take it he has still got another year left of his contract? 

MacLean has quickly followed in the footsteps of fellow youngsters Jack McMillan, Chris Cadden and Allan Campbell in committing his future to the Fir Parkers until the summer of 2019.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/?p=56826

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not wholly true.  Yes he wanted to try something different  by taking off a defensive central midfielder but he could have taken off either Campbell or Grimshaw but chose not to.  Instead he substituted his captain.  That speaks volumes. 

We are talking about one single game. There have been other times this season when Campbell or Grimshaw have made way first.  I don't think anybody would argue that McHugh played well on Saturday but it is only one game. I would agree that McHugh has struggled in the second half of this season at times but he has still made a massive contribution to the cause.

What interests me is that when fans look for a little bit of loyalty from players they don't see the need to reciprocate.  For me McHugh has encapsulated the fighting spirit of the team this season. He puts his head and body where it hurts for the cause. He has flung himself into his duties as team captain both on and off the pitch and has played no small part in cultivated the togetherness that is apparent within the squad. I watched an interview where Tanner singled out McHugh as being of great support during his injury spell. Maybe he is just burnt out at the end of a long hard season.

For me he deserves our support and that some are looking for him to be cast out after a poor cup final performance is a bit disappointing. 

• Like 9

Aye he made a great tackle to stop Rogic scoring at one point.

He does the job Robinson wants him to in the middle of the park. Given the height of Campbell and Grimshaw and the fact that Rose is a blouse he's likely to be doing the same job next season.

49 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Did I imagine it, or did they announce him as "Turnball" on Saturday? (As well as not bothering to have photos for Aldred and someone else, who I haven't bothered to remember emoji23.png).

Not only announced as Turnball but listed on the scoreboard the same way!

Mabye of no significance whatsoever but FWIW I was up at Fir Park today and I saw what looked like a footballer and partner being shown round the ground by Mr Robinson.
As I could only see him from a distance I cant tell you who he is but he looked very tall. 
For all I know mabye our manager was just showing a family member where he works.
Wee resemblance to Gunnar Neilson though!!!  
Jack Alnwick looks a bit like nielson

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, andrewmccallum375 said:

The other is meant to be Kenny miller

Can’t help but feel if we really do sign miller it’d be quite a let down if I’m honest. Many have spoken of a desire to sign a couple of quality strikers which I’m on board with, however many have also cited a lack of pace as a weakness of our current squad. I don’t see how Miller fits in with Robinson’s vision for our squad, and at his age he’s certainly not a long term option. Factor in his lack of electric pace and it all makes for a pretty underwhelming signing. Saying that, I have faith in Robinson’s recruitment and if he signs Miller and believes he’s the man then I’ll back him until he proves otherwise.

9 hours ago, andrewmccallum375 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44202272

So it begins

Re those let go.

Plummer. I suspect there is a player there but bad injuries and bad luck did it for him

Griffiths. His performances against Killie and Partick away sealed his fate IMO. However we should be thankful for his efforts in the post split period last season. Biggest criticism though must surround the amount of time it took him to dislodge the `fright night` that was Samson.

Demi. Looked like a 200 metre sprinter but probably that is what he was. I had difficulty in seeing a footballer. 

Aldred . Suspect we have not heard the last of him at FP.

Ciftci. If he was prepared to take a hefty drop in wages he could be worth another pop.

Hendrie. Not as bad as some others say he is but certainly he failed to make a mark.

Watt. Probably had long enough to stake a claim and in fairness looked reasonable. Will do a job elsewhere. I suspect lower Championship/upper league 1 .

King. Cant comment as I cant really remember him.

Best of luck to all the lads in their future careers.

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Why would we sign Ciftci when he couldn't be bothered to get fit between January and May?

Give him a contract and he'll just take the piss like he has for the last three years. 

Thats my gut feeling too mate...he was outstanding against Accies, but for every game like that, you'll have 5, 6 or 7 games, where hes blowing out his arse, holding onto the ball too long and diving about like Scott Sinclair